It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final frenzy in Trump VP search

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well people the clock is winding down, and we are getting close to zero hour. WHO do you think Trump is going to pick for his VP ?

Gingrich,Sessions,Pence, or Christie, or none of the above ?

he speculation about Donald Trump’s vice presidential pick has reached a fever pitch, with the businessman summoning candidates to Indiana as he nears a final decision.

Survey Says?

My own opinion Gingrich has too much baggage.

Christie is just not a viable option.

Sessions blah.

I am thinking Pence would be the best fit for Trump.

Who do you think he is going to pick?

edit on 13-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
its gonna be Retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn - he is a democrat which will bring some votes in from the HR(C) camp. with a decorated military official by his side, a democrat none the less, i think it will bring merit to his campaign. im sure some democrats are on the fence whether or not to vote for trump, because they wont vote for hillary.
bernies supporters felt betrayed and are calling him a sell out. most of bernies supporters are no older than 25, and most of that demographic probably will just not vote.
its the life long democratic voter who refuses to vote for hilldog that trump needs to convince hes the better option, and to go actually vote for him.
once the debates go down, i really think trump will make HR(C) look like a complete liar, manipulator, dog faced puffer that she is, and will convince enough voters to side with him.
vote for criminal, or vote for loud mouth

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I am still hoping it will be Sarah Palin!!!!!!! OMG, it would make the far left go into nuclear meltdown!

On a serious note, I am thinking Gen. Flynn as well. Could be Sessions though. Newt is smart, but yea, too much baggage.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Trump picks a democrat that just fuels the fire that Trump was a democrat agent all along.

Trump will not win with him.

IMO.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Trump could always make Gingrich sec of defense.

Palin Sec of state.

Watch their heads EXPLODE!

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The talk on the street (i.e. cable news networks and other sites) say that the two Trump children and his son-in-law (his literal kitchen cabinet both now and if he's elected) want Pence, but in his gut Trump wants Christie. Lots of his conservative staff and advisors want Pence as well. The last awkward moments of Trump leaving Pence's home this morning didn't bode well for Pence, as he did the slight head-bow thing to Trump and gave what looked like a weak handshake, with Trumps body language reaction not very enthusiastic. He may give in to the Pence crowd and leave Christie hanging around, but with Trump's trust in his own judgement he may just decide to go with the gut (both his own and the overhanging gut of Christie).

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Trump picks a democrat that just fuels the fire that Trump was a democrat agent all along.

IMO.

Most of the die hard GOP ers will most likely not vote for him anyways. I honestly think they will vote for Hillary. Who knows though. I am still putting my money on martial law and there won't be any election. It seems the professional protestors/agitators are bound and determined to disrupt BOTH conventions and well, let's see what kind of fall out this country will be facing then. Seems like we are already sitting on a time bomb.......

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

PLEASE PLEASE use Sassy Sara I beg of you!!!!!!
We'll be melting down in laughter!

OMG that dimwit with her inarticulate meth induced rantings would be a perfect fit for Trumps low brow pontificating.

Giggle giggle
I double dog dare ya.LOL

K~

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I won't be able to bring myself to vote for a Trump/Christie ticket.

I just may abstain.

Trump/Pence could win.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Maybe they go with Pence.

Indiana was the break point that defeated all Trump's opposition.

Indiana is a Good Luck State.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

(D) Jim Webb

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Maybe they go with Pence.

Indiana was the break point that defeated all Trump's opposition.

Indiana is a Good Luck State.

Neo's home state.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

the "most of the die hard GOPers..." is that opinion or personal interaction?

Most of the die hard GOPers I know, know that the Clintons are as crooked as a pipe cleaner in a 1st graders art project. Will do almost anything to make sure they don't sniff power again.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I'm thinking Newt. Christie is under scrutiny for bridgegate and his numbers are around 26% I believe. Pence, low numbers as well, in his own state but he would pull in Cruz backers. Sessions......who the hell is Sessions? JK, but this is concerning, especially in these times:

Sessions, a former prosecutor and attorney general in his home state, was nominated to serve as a federal judge by President Ronald Reagan in 1986. Maybe he’s just bitter that he was denied a seat on the federal bench by the Senate Judiciary Committee in a 9-9 vote which deemed him “grossly insensitive” on racial issues. During his own hearings, Sessions admitted to “frequently joking in an off-color sort of way.” Looks like not much has changed.

***SNIP***

Yglesias writes, “I would pay good money to hear Sonia Sotomayor say, ‘Senator Sessions, I think it’s ironic to be facing these questions from a man whose judicial nomination was rejected by this very committee on the grounds that he’s a huge racist.'”

thinkprogress.org...

And that's old info.
edit on 13-7-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

(D) Jim Webb

I would have liked to hear more out of him in the debates. IMO he was the ONLY Democrat on the stage. Hillary is a global oligarch and as for the rest of them meh.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You just hit the nail on the head why I hate politics

You said Newt has too much baggage. Yet, Clinton has more baggage then the carousels of JFK, and she's going to be the Democratic nominee.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Rand Paul?

Nah, lets be honest, that's probably not gonna happen.

edit on 13-7-2016 by MaddenedRambler because: punctuation

edit on 13-7-2016 by MaddenedRambler because: url glich

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

IMO.

I think this is the first thing you've ever said that I agree with. Republicans don't want to vote for 2 people on a ticket that aren't Republicans. That's just the usurping of their party.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
if he picks a "balance" candidate like palin or quail were it will be disappointing and a sign of poor strategic thinking imo

most americans look at the VP as someone who is a heartbeat fro the big job, so pick someone that could do it

trump is a big risk taker, a total wild card would not shock me

If I had to guess it would be Pence

edit on 13-7-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2016 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Rand Paul (is who he ought to pick).

If he picks Newt, I'd have big problems with him.
edit on 13-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join