It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department Purged Emails About Secret Anti-Netanyahu Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Stories about a secret campaign by the current Administration to get Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu out of office has turned a new twist.

Apparently some official emails have been deleted by the State Department !!!

A U.S. Senate sub-committee has released a report about the subject.

And, they say the Obama Administration gave taxpayer money to an organization that was involved with a smear campaign against Netanyahu.

It never ends does it.

State Department Purged Emails About Secret Anti-Netanyahu Campaign

A State Department official deleted emails that included information about a secret campaign to oust Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during the country’s last election, according to a Senate investigatory committee that determined the Obama administration transferred tax funds to anti-Netanyahu groups.

The Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations disclosed in a massive report on Tuesday that the Obama administration provided U.S. taxpayer dollars to the OneVoice Movement, a liberal group that waged a clandestine campaign to smear and oust Netanyahu from office.

OneVoice, which was awarded $465,000 in U.S. grants through 2014, has been under congressional investigation since 2015, when it was first accused of funneling money to partisan political groups looking to unseat Netanyahu. This type of behavior by non-profit groups is prohibited under U.S. tax law.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Mind blowing if true.

Though I fail to see the issue.

They are incredibly involved in our politics.

Whats good for the goose...

TBH, the Izraelis should be happy they got off easy.

Usually we help to stage protests then support various groups in the overthrow of your government.

edit on 13-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

There's a document up on scribe.com that indicates this was active during Hillary Clinton's tenure as SOS. It would seem therefore, that she was in on this and held out no love for the Israelis either.

Document is Onevoice Report -- 7.12

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

More great sources, this time form the "Free Beacon," which is a conservative mouthpiece that lobbies for foreign governments:

The Washington Free Beacon, a new website on the right, has a particular fascination with promoting weapon sales to Taiwan. In addition to daily hits on the Obama administration and Democrats, the Free Beacon has multiple posts calling for more F-16 fighter jet sales to the island nation, and has branded skeptics of militarization as “pro-China” activists.

The site, however, fails to disclose the fact that its sponsor is a lobbyist for a firm dedicated to helping Taiwan advance its policy agenda.

Michael Goldfarb, a former Republican staffer and writer, founded the Free Beacon with “several million dollars” in January of this year. Listed as the chairman of the 501(c) group that sponsors the Free Beacon website, Goldfarb is also a partner at the lobbying and public relations firm Orion Strategies, LLC.

The contract between the Taiwanese ambassador and Goldfarb’s firm, renewed last year for a period that ends on September 30, 2012, stipulates that Orion will be paid $180,000 a year to “provide advice and consulting services concerning Taiwan’s strategic goals.”

Orion’s advocacy, according to disclosures filed with the Justice Department, has centered on promoting US authorization to sell Lockheed Martin F-16 fighter jets to Taiwan. Mike Mitchell, Goldfarb’s partner at Orion, makes weekly calls to Congress to press lawmakers and their staff on the issue, from arranging Congressional visits to Taiwan to prepping for Senate hearings.

As Goldfarb’s firm quietly peddles influence for Taiwan’s arms agenda in Congress, his site provides a megaphone. A Free Beacon article from earlier this year quotes an anonymous “industry representative” to demand that the Obama Administration “release the 66 new Lockheed Martin F-16C/D Block 52+ fighter aircraft that Taiwan [has] requested to purchase.” Another Free Beacon piece promoting increased arms sales calls National Security Council member Evan Medeiros, a policy expert the Free Beacon claims played a “key figure in killing the planned sale of new F-16 jets to Taiwan,” a “key pro-China activist.”

There is no disclosure on the Free Beacon website that its chairman is paid to lobby for Taiwan and other interest groups.

Senator John Cornyn’s (R-TX) efforts on behalf of Taiwan have been guided, and publicized, by Goldfarb-related organizations. Orion has met with Cornyn or his staff more than fifty times in the last year on Taiwan-related issues, including “congressional strategy to promote F-16 sale[s] to Taiwan,” legislation to force new F-16 sales, and travel to the country.

The effort has paid off. On November 18, 2011, Cornyn placed a hold—a privilege given to Senators to unilaterally block almost any presidential appointee—against Mark Lippert to become an assistant secretary of defense for Asian and Pacific Security Affairs. Cornyn said he would block the nomination until the administration reconsidered the sale of 66 new F-16 jets to Taiwan. A week prior to the hold, Orion discussed Lippert-related strategy with Cornyn’s office, according to disclosures.

The hold, of course, was celebrated by the Free Beacon, which posted a digitized copy of Cornyn’s letter. Cornyn lifted his hold in April, after the White House pledged to give serious consideration to his Taiwan-related demands.

The extent to which Orion uses the Free Beacon as a front for its clients is unclear. A mandatory disclosure form for its foreign lobbying that was due in May of this year has still not been filed. A representative from the Justice Department confirmed to The Nation that Goldfarb’s firm has failed to file its 2012 Supplemental Statement.

Goldfarb has leveraged his relationship with conservative media to promote his clients’ concerns. On behalf of the Democratic Republic of Georgia, a country that currently has a $270,000 contract with Orion, Goldfarb arranged for an interview between Ambassador Temuri Yakobashvili and a Washington Jewish Week reporter named Adam Kredo last year. In December of 2010, he arranged for multiple journalists, including The Weekly Standard’s Matt Continetti, to have dinner with Georgian Vice Prime Minister Giorgi Baramidze. And last year, Goldfarb was hired by Koch Industries as part of the company’s “crisis communication” team. At the time, Goldfarb was still affiliated with The Weekly Standard, and the magazine’s writers, like Continetti, began publishing pieces defending the billionaire owners of Koch Industries, David and Charles Koch.

But all of this came before Goldfarb created his own conservative website. Now, Continetti and Kredo work for the Free Beacon, where both writers have written pieces in defense of Goldfarb clients.

Requests for comment to the Free Beacon, Orion Strategies and the Taiwan embassy have not been returned.

Source

You really have to check your sources.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olbe66

Did you check the sources referenced in the article?

senate.gov

Maybe there are just not many news sources that are willing to expose this type of thing?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Good points.
And following that logic, I wonder if any emails turned over from the investigation were related to this?
Or perhaps they were among those deleted?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Says the guy quoting "The Nation", a socially liberal, progressive magazine affiliated with the Nation Institute. This is the same magazine that as an organization endorsed Bernie Sanders campaign for the presidency.

Pot calling the kettle black, anyone?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

LOL

All that research for nothing.

The report is from the Senate.

Did you think you found the secret of Schweppes or something?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Mind blowing if true.

Though I fail to see the issue.

Which is it? Mind blowing or irrelevant?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

pssst... Did you start a thread yet with more information about that Clinton corporation (22nd amendment), theory etc. ?

I have been watching for that.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
OMG and all this time I hated the Obama Administration, suddenly I'll have to do some rethinking.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

There's a document up on scribe.com that indicates this was active during Hillary Clinton's tenure as SOS. It would seem therefore, that she was in on this and held out no love for the Israelis either.

Cheers - Dave

My God! Now I have to rethink my feelings on Hilary too?!?!

I might pass on this one.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Too bad the secret campaign didn't succeed because his ass need to butt out of our government.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I had no idea so many people were XENOPHOBIC.

From the STATE department to some of the Anti Israel comments in the thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Yes, and she was also on record with an ambassador in conversation
about staging a protest that would have a favorable outcome
to Palestine, and look bad against Israel.

All fake and staged. Remind yall of anything?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This was news back when it happened.

Historically, I don't like Netanyahu. He did much to turn me off of any Israeli support.

Going forward, it's hard to imagine Israeli interest NOT taking out vengeance on Hillary near to elections, they have nothing to loose, an Obama 2.0 situation. They definitely hacked her emails.

I keep trying to tie in the 20 missing pages of 911 report with Hillary, lol.

Saudis hate Trump, Israelis like Trump...?

God help us all.

new topics

top topics

join