It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British police force classifies wolf whistles, unwanted sexual advances as hate crimes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: RAY1990

Wolf whistles through can and are used by both sexes so whats good for the goose is good for the gander imho.

I will bet you a $100 that you as a man wont get anywhere with it legally.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Picklesneeze
a reply to: stormcell

I highly doubt that there will be ANY legislation making harassment by Muslims illegal.

They are apparently allowed to commit mass public rape in Europe and the only people that go to jail are the non muslim European citizens that complain about it.

Whistle at a beautiful woman-go to jail.

Be a group of muslims raping women in broad daylight-get a pat on the back.

Come on please, don't buy the nonsense it belittles some of the more forward thinking people of the Earth. Nobody is getting arrested for claiming rape, Europe isn't some backwater lands... Anyway this is about a part of England not Europe as a whole. Plenty of women (and men) will still walk the streets of Europe scantily dressed with the will and right not to be raped or abused.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Your knowledge on the happenings in Europe are a bit outdated i can tell you that.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I'm sure the police are still going to be allowed to make judgement calls here.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

LoL

Im not taking that bet im afraid.

Plus im 41 now, i don't get half as many wolf whistles as in days gone by. Truth be told if i do get a whistle at these days its generally my Mrs taking the pee.

But i have to say i don't ever recall one of the fairer sex taking offence.
edit on 13-7-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Educate me then good sire.

You are on about Europe right? The most PC place on the planet most likely, a place pillows have over 50 regulations...

And you are telling me that religious folk (any) can get away with pretty much anything without being held accountable to the PC state set out by Brussels?

Are Muslims held to the same regard as those kiddly fiddly preachers? I always thought such abuses were for those who made it... Such as Imams and Bishops.

Could I get away with crime if I convert?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I can only hope this will only be applied to someone creepily blocking your path or following you. Even then, I find it difficult to call it a hate crime! Sexual harassment or stalking perhaps. A guy or gal (I have girlfriends that do whistle at men) who may whistle as you pass by is only acknowledging your attractiveness and certainly should not be so charged.

Edit add: andy06shake after your last comment about the Mrs. Whistling while you pee, I am afraid I will giggle every time I see you posting now!
edit on 7 13 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Im thinking it is very wise to not take part in that bet and i wish i could say that jokingly.

But i have to say i don't ever recall and one of the fairer sex taking offence.

That is guaranteed to change once a law like this becomes active, this will get abused to no end. We are already seeing millions of fake rape charges were in most of the time the woman who had pressed the false charges ends up walking away scot free. They are already publicly convicting men just for opening a door for a woman, Now imagine a law that enables to press charges on men for little things like this.

Reading all these things in the past few years will anyone be surprised that men are avoiding relationships with western woman on a greater scale each preceding year?

Wit more and more woman each year subscribing to or even just starting to lean towards things like "Sexual intercourse is always rape"

plainsfeminist.blogspot.nl...

My previous sexual experiences can best be described as a series of rapes. They were with men who all were completely dominant over me. The sex just reinforced that dominance. That’s what sex is: a means to control and subjugate wymmyn. It’s a form of abuse, plain and simple. The worst part is, they were all rapists and didn’t even know it. My heart weeps for the wymmyn those men ended up with. They’re rape victims. All heterosexual wymmyn are."

I doubt enough western men are beta enough for this and most will pass this growing group off woman by and choose life.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 13 Jul 2016 15:19:15 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: typo

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

LoL

She doesn't whistle at me while im urinating, just moans at me not to get it on the seat.

When i say "taking the pee" i really mean the other 4 letter word regarding urination" as in she's having a laugh.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Educate me then good sire.

You are on about Europe right? The most PC place on the planet most likely, a place pillows have over 50 regulations...

And you are telling me that religious folk (any) can get away with pretty much anything without being held accountable to the PC state set out by Brussels?

Are Muslims held to the same regard as those kiddly fiddly preachers? I always thought such abuses were for those who made it... Such as Imams and Bishops.

Could I get away with crime if I convert?

Then let me educate you on the matter.

No i did not say that any religious folks can get away with anything. I will also tell you that if you are a Caucasian that converting will most likely not help you at any level. Rapes and murders and other violence of muslim's towards children woman and other men in Europe are being suppressed intentionally on a mass scale whether you like to admit it or not. A trend that has been noticed over the years but has reached ridiculous levels ever since the immigrant issue which also made reports of rape skyrocket, coincidentally ,before you come up with "how could you know if it is not being reported they are doing their utmost best to avoid specifiying the rapist for what they are namely immigrants, or just muslim wherever they can. The rapes in Germany during new years eve ? all of them immigrants or non-immigrant muslims which they also tried to keep out of the news for the longest time. Coincidentally all of them walked out of the courts laughing and scot free (i can find you the photo's if you really need it !)

As i said, it has been a growing trend over the years.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Paedophile gang's abuse lasted 16 YEARS as authorities feared being labelled racist if they tackled

Social worker chiefs, police and council bosses ignored the plight of child victims as 1,400 young victims as young as 11 were targeted

Raped, beaten and abused by paedophiles, child victims of the vile monsters deserved the full support from the authorities whose job was to protect them.

But social worker chiefs, police and council bosses ignored their plight - leaving the perverts free to continue their reign of terror for 16 years – targeting 1,400 youngsters as young as 11, a report revealed today.

Instead, the victims were treated as “undesirables” and reports of the abuse were “swept under the carpet” because staff feared being labelled racist as most of the attackers were Asian (middle-eastern muslims).

The mobs targeted children in Rotherham, South Yorks. They were trafficked and gang-raped by large numbers of strangers around the region, the shocking report revealed.

Others were stalked, doused with petrol, set alight, threatened with guns and made to watch violent rapes. Some youngsters were even picked up by taxi or limousines at school gates right under the noses of staff.

(Here are a few of the perps)

But please go ahead and pretend you know what is really going on in Europe just because you refuse to accept it.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 13 Jul 2016 15:34:26 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
dp.

Edit: lets not let a DP go to waste:

Plenty of women (and men) will still walk the streets of Europe scantily dressed with the will and right not to be raped or abused.

newobserveronline.com...

German Girls Must Cover Arms and Legs to Appease Syrian “Refugees”

So many nonwhite invaders from the Middle East have entered Germany over the past few months that a school headmaster in Bavaria has been forced to ask female pupils to cover up their arms and legs—for their own protection against local Syrian “refugees.”

In a letter sent to parents, Martin Thalhammer, head of the Wilhelm-Diess-Gymnasium in the town of Pocking, Bavaria—which has a normal population of around 15,000—female pupils have been asked to refrain from wearing “revealing clothes” because “refugee accommodation” has been set up next to the school’s gym.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 13 Jul 2016 15:31:14 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

That is guaranteed to change once a law like this becomes active

It's not law, more of a stance. It will always be down to the criminal courts to pass judgement not the police. I can imagine most accusations will be dealt with in civil courts.

We are already seeing millions of fake rape charges were in most of the time the woman who had pressed the false charges ends up walking away scot free

That's a bold claim, I'm well aware of reporting "fake" rapes though I highly doubt it's in the millions and a damn good percentage of charges are dropped due to lack of evidence. That's generally a good thing, stops the miscarriage of justice and those people found out to be lying in a court will always be considered liars before a court... Something to think about.

They are already publicly convicting men just for opening a door for a woman

Another bold claim, can you point me in the right direction? Surely manners is not a crime, must be more to it if it's true.

As far as I see it, we are not doing too bad at this breeding malarkey and as far as I know mutual sexual attraction is still a major part of men and women's lives. Life will only get in the way of reproducing or practicing said art if you let it. Also from my experience women buy more condoms than men and crazy feminists are but a stone thrown in the ocean compared to the tsunami of sexual activity that occurs behind closed doors and occasionally on public streets.

I personally don't see all men being shy and women screaming constant rape, actually quite the opposite.

edit on 13-7-2016 by RAY1990 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I'll not lie, scandals upon scandals have come to pass with Muslims being the perpetrators of heinous crimes. I'm stating it's not a scandal happening daily by Muslims everywhere.

The cultural difference is a huge issue and quite frankly it's ignorant to blame Muslims because the atrocities done on new years eve were done by ignorant people who just so happen to come from places that treat women as property and most likely never seen a stunner in high heels and a mini-skirt... And don't think I'm giving them a "get out of jail" card, hell no. They should be held accountable.

Islam is huge, you'd be surprised by the values an Iranian or a Malaysian might have compared to say a Syrian or Moroccan.

That Rotherham case still disgusts me, though I know for a fact the same kind of tactics are used by non-Muslims and Muslims alike, in fact a good friend of mine would say they are Muslim only in name and are not my brothers. It's also worth mentioning they targeted the vulnerable, in a nut-shell hung around care homes like a paedophile around a nursery. A person wanting to stay out of jail will manipulate his way to do that. Most of these recent immigrants don't know the first thing about western law and ideals however those Rotherham C***'* did.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

How is wanting to Make Love to a Women Now a " Hate Crime " ? How will our Species Pro-Create without the interaction between the Sexes ? This is Madness ! Off With their Heads !

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

www.dhushara.com...

"Stoning Women to Death in Iran and Afghanistan"

A recent example of condemning to stoning a child for being violated by her older brother:

THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC CONDEMNS A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL TO STONING
By Safa Haeri Iran Press Service Posted Saturday, October 16, 2004 According to Iranian and foreign press, Zhila Izadi, a 13 year old girl from the north-western city of Marivan had been condemned to death by stoning after being found that she had been pregnant from her 15 years-old brother. The independent Iranian online newspaper "Peyke Iran" (www.peykeiran.com) that had first revealed the news last week reported on Saturday 16 October 2004 that the girl has given birth two weeks ago in prison, but the young girl had been separated from her new born baby after the birth. The father, a devout Muslim, informed the authorities about the "disgrace" the young girl had caused the family. While Zhila as been sentenced to stoning, her brother, jailed in Tehran, is to receive only 150 lashes, in accordance with Islamic laws.

On August 10, 1994, in the city of Arak, a woman was sentenced to death by stoning. According to the ruling of the religious judge, her husband and two children were forced to attend the execution. The woman urged her husband to take the children away, but to no avail. A truck full of stones was brought in to be used during the stoning. In the middle of the stoning, although her eyes had been gouged out, the victim was able to escape from the ditch and started running away, but the regime's guards recaptured her and shot her to death.

Kayhan, October 4, 1986, reported that a 25-year-old woman named Nosrat was stoned to death in the city of Qom. She died after an hour of continuous stoning.

The penalty for adultery under Article 83 of the penal code, called the Law of Hodoud is flogging (100 lashes of the whip) for unmarried male and female offenders. Married offenders may be punished by stoning regardless of their gender, but the method laid down for a man involves his burial up to his waist, and for a woman up to her neck (article 102). The law provides that if a person who is to be stoned manages to escape, he or she will be allowed to go free. Since it is easier for a man to escape, this discrimination literally becomes a matter of life and death.

www.acidviolence.org...

Rise in Acid Attacks Reported in Malaysia

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
dp.

Edit: lets not let a DP go to waste:

Plenty of women (and men) will still walk the streets of Europe scantily dressed with the will and right not to be raped or abused.

newobserveronline.com...

German Girls Must Cover Arms and Legs to Appease Syrian “Refugees”

So many nonwhite invaders from the Middle East have entered Germany over the past few months that a school headmaster in Bavaria has been forced to ask female pupils to cover up their arms and legs—for their own protection against local Syrian “refugees.”

In a letter sent to parents, Martin Thalhammer, head of the Wilhelm-Diess-Gymnasium in the town of Pocking, Bavaria—which has a normal population of around 15,000—female pupils have been asked to refrain from wearing “revealing clothes” because “refugee accommodation” has been set up next to the school’s gym.

Is it a national stance? Is it legislated?

That little town should demand the refugee center be moved, though in the meantime I agree with Headmaster Thalhammer, revealing clothes have no place in a school setting anyway. You're trying to sell me something I've been offered many times before... Did you know that these places these refugees come from have been known to like young boys too, it's very well worth mentioning.

As I said, more of a cultural thing than a religious one. My stance is integration of tribal mentality doesn't work with our civilisation yet for the most part refugees are/were seeking refuge and we destroyed their homes and livelihood. We could resolve the issue by going and rebuilding what we screwed up, but in the meantime?

Expect more refugees because Syria and Libya still have a few ghosts to give and we have plenty more bombs to drop.

originally posted by: everyone

www.dhushara.com...

"Stoning Women to Death in Iran and Afghanistan"

A recent example of condemning to stoning a child for being violated by her older brother:

THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC CONDEMNS A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL TO STONING
By Safa Haeri Iran Press Service Posted Saturday, October 16, 2004 According to Iranian and foreign press, Zhila Izadi, a 13 year old girl from the north-western city of Marivan had been condemned to death by stoning after being found that she had been pregnant from her 15 years-old brother. The independent Iranian online newspaper "Peyke Iran" (www.peykeiran.com) that had first revealed the news last week reported on Saturday 16 October 2004 that the girl has given birth two weeks ago in prison, but the young girl had been separated from her new born baby after the birth. The father, a devout Muslim, informed the authorities about the "disgrace" the young girl had caused the family. While Zhila as been sentenced to stoning, her brother, jailed in Tehran, is to receive only 150 lashes, in accordance with Islamic laws.

On August 10, 1994, in the city of Arak, a woman was sentenced to death by stoning. According to the ruling of the religious judge, her husband and two children were forced to attend the execution. The woman urged her husband to take the children away, but to no avail. A truck full of stones was brought in to be used during the stoning. In the middle of the stoning, although her eyes had been gouged out, the victim was able to escape from the ditch and started running away, but the regime's guards recaptured her and shot her to death.

Kayhan, October 4, 1986, reported that a 25-year-old woman named Nosrat was stoned to death in the city of Qom. She died after an hour of continuous stoning.

The penalty for adultery under Article 83 of the penal code, called the Law of Hodoud is flogging (100 lashes of the whip) for unmarried male and female offenders. Married offenders may be punished by stoning regardless of their gender, but the method laid down for a man involves his burial up to his waist, and for a woman up to her neck (article 102). The law provides that if a person who is to be stoned manages to escape, he or she will be allowed to go free. Since it is easier for a man to escape, this discrimination literally becomes a matter of life and death.

www.acidviolence.org...

Rise in Acid Attacks Reported in Malaysia

Like I said, different laws, different interpretations. Not to mention the difference between a fundamentally religious state and states with a quasi religious penal codes. You whipped a good point up though, and it's a point that puts me on the spot because I believe in religious freedom yet I believe it's man (or woman) who should govern our laws and how we interact with each other

Nice one, haha

Don't think for a second that if no laws existed for a day I wouldn't want to skin people like that, tan their hides then sell them to their wives because I probably would. But in the meantime I'll stick with being... Erm, PC.
edit on 13-7-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2016 by RAY1990 because: Put it all in one post...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I had this thought ...

What feminists want now is not equality but to completely reverse the roles.

Go read a Victorian novel and think about the roles of women and men vis a vis sexual aggression, and then consider this law again.

What men are looking at is the shrinking violet role of the Victorian female, and I can't say that today's feminists would be unhappy to put him there. In other words, they want revenge, not equality.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I whistle at my wife all the time.... 10 years of marriage still the sexiest woman I know.

Every time I see her from a distance, and after 10 years she can still manage a blush every time I whistle at her...

Glad I visited that area earlier in the year..

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Street harassment is awful, makes you feel unsafe, and raises your anxiety. But I wouldn't consider it a "hate crime". I really want to see some legal recourse to discourage it but I don't think this is the answer.

Why not just charge them for what it is? Like "threats" (because it is threatening) or "disturbing the peace"... something like that.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I guess offering to push in a woman's stool at the pub will land you in jail now....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join