It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House candidate Trump calls Justice Ginsburg mentally unfit

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The thing about Donald Trump is he constantly assinates his own character by living up to it.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Exactly.

You question the ethics of Ms. Ginsburg - I get that. But she is not bound to follow these rules. She's 83, she has opinions and she stated them. Scalia stated his opinions all the time. Did you make sure to censure him too??

Tu quoque?

I hold the same standards to all people. Do you?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

do they give up their right to free speech when appointed?

Someone once suggested to me that they are offered elective lobotomies as part of their bennies package.... or shock treatments or something like that? So that they have no emotions at all.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You do?

Great! Impeach them all then.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
You all do know the Republicans will not accept Pres. Obomas nominee for SC because they want to hold out for one that is BIASED in their favor right?

So any of you dirt floor poor repubs go back to worrying about the Dems taking yer guns... and keep voting repub and someday you'll be rich too....

and remember, all politicians want a biased sc justice.

oh yeah, when your guy said "you lie" during the state of the union, that was fine right?

Hypocritical, all of you....you should be so ashamed

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Someone show me in Article III the part that says Justices can't have opinions?

Thanks.

I think it says Justices can't have opinions about Trump.

I could be wrong though.

That must be in Article XII.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Yawn...who's the puppeteer??? You insult intelligence with that one....No that's wrong, one doesn't require intelligence to view that comment with the merit it deserves.....

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You are such an elitist snob!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thank you, pleb.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

He calls things as they are and will expose those who are unfit or corrupt.

But he constantly fails to show how he is unfit and corrupt right? Someone has drunk deeply of the great orange ones koolaid.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

That's Pseudo-smart pleb to you! Thank you very much!!!!

eyeroll

yawn

Off to watch jim jefferies......the special called Freedumb....

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thank you, pleb.

i had to look pleb up

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The New York Times
Search
SUBSCRIBELOG INOpinion

EDITORIAL
Donald Trump Is Right About Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
By THE EDITORIAL BOARD
JULY 13, 2016
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg needs to drop the political punditry and the name-calling.

New York Times

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I noticed that, too.

Ginsberg states her opinion, not a Supreme Court Justice, but as a citizen who, presumably, votes, and suddenly she's nuts?

Really?

I don't like Trump either, and I fear for my country if he's elected--I suppose that means I'm nuts, too.

'course, I don't like Clinton, either--so I suppose I'll get some grace from that.

Politics of destruction. Gotta love it.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So, I guess all of you who are wailing that the Supreme Court should be free of politics are also pressuring your Senators to confirm President Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland to the bench ...

... right?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think you just nailed it on the head, seagull.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Here's a transcript of Justice Bader-Ginsburg's comments:

Interview July 7, 2016 with Associated Press Asked what if Trump won the presidency, Ginsburg said: "I don't want to think about that possibility, but if it should be, then everything is up for grabs."

Interview July 8, 2016 with New York Times "I can’t imagine what this place would be — I can’t imagine what the country would be — with Donald Trump as our president. For the country, it could be four years. For the court, it could be — I don’t even want to contemplate that. Referring to something she thought her late husband, tax lawyer Martin Ginsburg, would have said, she said: "Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand."

Interview July 11, 2016 with CNN "He is a faker. He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. ... How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns? The press seems to be very gentle with him on that …. "At first I thought it was funny," she said of Trump's early candidacy. "To think that there's a possibility that he could be president …. "I think he has gotten so much free publicity …. "Every other presidential candidate has turned over tax returns."

Source - Politifact

Is there anything there that is not simply factual? Does she direct anyone not to vote for Mr. Trump? Does she endorse another candidate?

Methinks the right-wing doth protest too much ...
edit on 13-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: LInkage

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

So, I guess all of you who are wailing that the Supreme Court should be free of politics are also pressuring your Senators to confirm President Obama's nomination of Merrick Garland to the bench ...

... right?

Nominations are political, as well as the process of confirming them.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

... right?

Nominations are political, as well as the process of confirming them.

So ... politics is okay ... when the Right approves of it ... wrong if not?

Did someone mention double standards before?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Why yes, yes I am. Several times, in fact.

The supreme court should be free of political bias of any sort. In an ideal world, it would be. This ain't that world.

She voiced an opinion, one that I share with her...should she have? That's another question. Personally, I'd rather she hadn't because it does raise the question of her impartiality should Trump become President--and that should be unquestionable regardless of who is President.

There is no evidence that that will be a problem. I suspect that, due to her age, her days as a justice are rather numbered, along with justice's Kennedy and Breyer who are both in their late 70's.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join