It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House candidate Trump calls Justice Ginsburg mentally unfit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: jimmyx

And there are people that will research the hell out of what HE has done, yet turn a blind eye to the exponentially greater evil their own party candidate has done. They go bat-sh*t crazy over the splinter in Trump while ignoring the rafter in Hillary.

bewitched,

where were all these out spoken politicians , world leaders, judges, republicans and democrats, while Obama has been destabilizing the earth.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Apparently not. No rules no line. Any of them could run for president and run a smear campaign against an opponent and say anything they damn well please. They're all entitled to free speech.
Aw too bad widdle donny.

Shall we talk about faux outrage???

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Apparently not thinking the same thing as you.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

She said all this because she is campaigning for Hillary Clinton.

Simple deduction.

link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: bknapple32

Of course. Their job is to uphold the constitution impartially.

Good. Glad to hear it. Don't mind me if I double check your posting history to see if you ever once called out Scalia for political bias.

So, how are you coming along with that? You will find that I have not commented one way or the other. It has not come up in threads that I have been interested in.

edit on 7/13/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: CynConcepts
The difference is Trump is expected to speak up about political issues with a bias. Supreme Court judges, Attorney Generals, and FBI Directors all have personal biases but you are not to share them publicly with authority for it may cloud your judgement or how others view such judgements in the course of your tenure.

She should have politely declined to comment.

Really???? I would think as a possible president Trump would be expected to act like one.

Call me crazy.

70% of uneducated white males would call you crazy, that's the largest demographic spread of Trump voters, to Hillary voters.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: neo96

He doesn't know the constitution.

And Hillary doesn't know what a classified email is. They're both ignorant.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

Of course. Their job is to uphold the constitution impartially.

Good. Glad to hear it. Don't mind me if I double check your posting history to see if you ever once called out Scalia for political bias.

So, how are you coming along with that? You will find that I have not commented one way or the other. It has not come up in threads that I have been interested in.

thank you for setting up my point.

There have been plenty of threads on the topic of a justice acting politically.

You didnt find it interesting because it wasnt Sir Trump dishing out 3rd grade insults. Now you care.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I really want to say something about trump supporters and college but I want to remain unbiased myself.

And I want to say something about Clinton supporters and their complete ignoring of ethics.
edit on 7jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

She said all this because she is campaigning for Hillary Clinton.

Simple deduction.

really?...where has all this campaigning taken place?....simple question.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

No, I only have so much time, and soooo many threads

And yes, this one interests me!

However, I would not support a Supreme Court judge who showed bias, regardless of the issue.
edit on 7/13/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Look we're talking about the man who said he'd make it illegal for media to say anything negative about him. No whether it's true or not. Just not negative. So what do you expect? He is totally ignorant and that's why even the republicans are against him being president.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Like I ever would.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
She has every right to speak her mind about a political situation, a social issue or a Presidential Candidate.

It is hardly without precedent.

And besides: The Constitution does not prohibit Supreme Court Justices from expressing personal opinions.
Bloomberg‘s Noah Feldman offers Chief Justice John Marshall, who served as John Adams’s secretary of state while he was a chief justice, as proof that America’s founding generation was not “obsessed with the idea that justices have to be outside the reach of politics.”

Marshall, a loyalist of the Federalist Party, was understood to retain his beliefs while serving as chief justice subsequently.

Two of his most revered opinions, Marbury v. Madison and McCulloch v. Maryland, are historically incomprehensible except through the lens of partisan politics. In the first, he went to great lengths to embarrass the Jefferson administration by insisting that Marbury had a right to a justice-of-the-peace commission granted by Adams, before tacking back and holding that the law that would have allowed the court to force the delivery of the commission was unconstitutional.

In the second, he upheld the constitutionality of the Bank of the United States, originally such a fundamental partisan issue that it helped drive the creation of his Federalist and Jefferson’s Democratic-Republican parties.

Maybe conservatives shouldn’t argue about the integrity of the Court while in their fourth month of refusing to give it a ninth justice.
Outraged About Ginsburg's Comments? Supreme Court Justices Have Always Voiced Political Opinions

If it were a Conservative member of the Court talking badly about a Democrat, no doubt it would feel uncomfortable for the other side. At that point, would you defend their right to say it?

*sigh*

- AB
edit on 13-7-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No, he calls out the media for lying. And they do lie.
They spin and twist until it is hard to know the truth.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

I really want to say something about trump supporters and college but I want to remain unbiased myself.

And I want to say something about Clinton supporters and their complete ignoring of ethics.

pot calling kettle black

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

More of this please. Voices of reason.

link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

Please...He didn't know. Period.
Don't make excuses for him. What are you his mother?

link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Exactly. Something tells me that if her opinion was that he was a smart capable man, Donald wouldn't be calling her unfit, nor would his followers be screaming for her impeachment.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Some of her asinine remarks were directly related to the bench.

Which remarks? Does Trump have a case coming before SCOTUS that we should worry about?

I didn't realize that Supreme Court Justices lost their freedom of speech when they were appointed to the court. Should federal judges refrain from commenting on gubernatorial candidates too? Should local judges refrain from commenting on local candidates. too?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join