It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House candidate Trump calls Justice Ginsburg mentally unfit

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I just google searched this: 'Ted Kennedy asleep at the State of the Union Address' , just to see if that famous old drunken senator had ever fallen asleep at one.

First hit was....
Justice Ginsburg not 100% sober at State of the Union.

As she did two years ago, Ginsburg admitted Thursday night that, yes, the photos of her appearing to nod off at President Obama's big speech last month showed her dozing. "As I often do," she said. But there was a good reason, she added: "I wasn't 100% sober."

I didn't find any instances of old Ted falling asleep there.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SM2

I'm "being willfully ignorant" because I don't agree with your several mistakes and your opinions?

Beg to differ.

What was it you said earlier? Just because you disagree with what I've said (or what Ginsburg said) doesn't make it non-factual.

Don't tell me what I know. Bad form. You've made too many blatant mistakes here to have much authority to speak on what I know and don't know.

Nothing that she said is against the Code of Ethics. You've been shown that, repeatedly.

Your trying to make a mantra out of it doesn't make it true.

/shrug
edit on 15-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

What does Ted Kennedy have to do with this again?

Oh, that's right ... he was a liberal too.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Gryphon66

2. You've never fallen asleep during a State of the Union? I have.

Really?
You fell asleep AT the State of the Union Address?

While you were seated with 4 associate justices and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of America?
Wow.
You are special.

Yes Butch. I was sitting there in drag.

You know sometimes when you have nothing to say, it's okay to say nothing.

I know it too tough for you to get, so here is some help....

YOU, sitting in your recliner at home after a hard days work, watching the SOTU address.... is not the same as a Supreme Court Justice being there in front of the cameras..... drunk.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The answer is right there in my post.....

just to see if that famous old drunken senator had ever fallen asleep at one.

Reading is Fundamental.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Reading is Fundamental.

So the answer to my question is "nothing."

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

2. You've never fallen asleep during a State of the Union? I have.

Really?
You fell asleep AT the State of the Union Address?

While you were seated with 4 associate justices and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of America?
Wow.
You are special.

Yes Butch. I was sitting there in drag.

You know sometimes when you have nothing to say, it's okay to say nothing.

I know it too tough for you to get, so here is some help....

YOU, sitting in your recliner at home after a hard days work, watching the SOTU address.... is not the same as a Supreme Court Justice being there in front of the cameras..... drunk.

Yes, because I don't agree with you, I'm mentally unfit.

You do have something in common with Mr. Trump. You must be proud.

Here's the deal Butch. Ginsburg isn't going anywhere because she said something Trump didn't like.

Cry on.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Reading is Fundamental.

So the answer to my question is "nothing."

Thanks.

Still don't get it.

Being drunk is an excuse for falling asleep at an important function in front of television cameras.
Ted was a heavy drinker.

Even Ted didn't do it at the State of the Union Address..... repeatedly, like Ginny.
edit on b000000312016-07-15T10:13:23-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 15 Jul 2016 10:13:23 -05001000000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Cry on.

Not crying.

I am also NOT supporting a drunken old bag that can't bother herself to stay awake for an important government function in front of television cameras.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I'm sure Justice Ginsburg is concerned about your opinions of her behavior.

She shows disdain for political theatre, and she's condemned by you folks.

She answers political questions put to her honestly, and she's condemned by you folks.

Like I said, you'd be a lot more convincing if you just argued that she's a liberal, and you'd like to get her off the Court, because you're under the delusion that Trump is going to be the next President.

Wonder who Clinton will appoint with a Democratic Senate supporting her?

I'd love to see Justices Barack Obama and William J. Clinton, speaking of Politics ... LOL.

And who knows, maybe 2 or 3 more in the next eight years.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Cry on.

Not crying.

I am also NOT supporting a drunken old bag that can't bother herself to stay awake for an important government function in front of television cameras.

You're reminding me of Shakespeare: "much ado about nothing."

Take care; I'm ignoring you now.

SM2

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I'm "being willfully ignorant" because I don't agree with your several mistakes and your opinions?

Beg to differ.

What was it you said earlier? Just because you disagree with what I've said (or what Ginsburg said) doesn't make it non-factual.

Don't tell me what I know. Bad form. You've made too many blatant mistakes here to have much authority to speak on what I know and don't know.

Nothing that she said is against the Code of Ethics. You've been shown that, repeatedly.

Your trying to make a mantra out of it doesn't make it true.

/shrug

You have shown nothing. Not one thing. All you do is add your opinion and call them facts. I have laid out the actual facts, the actual, official code of ethics and you throw them out because they are inconvenient to your agenda. If I am wrong, show me where with actual facts from a credible source. You saying " nah, thats not right" is not showing me any facts, or showing me where I am wrong. If I am wrong, prove it. With facts, not your excuse making and spin to make it fit a certain partisan agenda.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Cry on.

Not crying.

You're reminding me of Shakespeare: "much ado about nothing."

Take care; I'm ignoring you now.

Thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There you go folks.
An associate justice on the US Supreme Court is a lush that can't stay awake at important government functions, and has to apologize for shooting her mouth off in a manner that she shouldn't (due to her position).

We should give her a medal for that.

Yay! All hail Drunky!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Did you not read SM2's post up above? "This code of conduct is written and updated by the Judicial Conference, first adopted in 1973, the conference was set up by Congress and is chaired by the current Chief Justice , currently Roberts. The rest of the body is filled with judges from each circuit.

She has violated Canon 2, 3 and 5. "?

I'll bet you'll bellow like a bull being castrated if these actions were prejudiced against the left.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Does the Supreme Court Need a Code of Conduct?

The Justices of the Supreme Court are the only judges in the United States who are not bound by a formal, full-blown ethics code. The Justices of the Supreme Court are the only judges in the United States who are not bound by a formal, full-blown ethics code. PHOTOGRAPH BY NATI HARNIK/AP In 2011, Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., used his annual report about the state of the federal judiciary to defend the probity of his Court colleagues. He was responding to members of Congress, experts in legal ethics, and legal advocacy groups who wanted the Court to be subject to the Code of Conduct for United States Judges, which applies to all other federal judges.
(article dated July 2015)

She did not violate anything. She is not bound by that Code. How many times do I have to post this???
edit on 15-7-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I think his comment was inappropriate. I do not agree that he should be saying such things. A SCOTUS justice should get the respect the seat gives.

And that is the real issue here. Can someone with that little self control be elected to the presidency? RBG will retire if Hillary wins; she will stick it out if Trump wins.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SM2

I'm sorry to point this out again, but you keep making claims that just don't stand up to the facts.

She hasn't given a public speech regarding Donald Trump.

She hasn't endorsed any other candidates.

I'm not the issue here and my agreement or disagreement is not the issue.

I find the milquetoast use of the phrase "effing" repugnant. If you can't say the word, don't bother with the implication.

Again, she didn't endorse or oppose or promote a candidate. She spoke her mind when asked a direct question.

She stated clearly apparent facts, not opinions.

This topic has everything to do with the absurd claim that Justices aren't politically involved.

These continued idealistic platitudes about what the SCOTUS should be are just specious and inane as all flaming hell.

Ideally, our government would be different, people would be different, the world would be different.

So what? It isn't. I tend to deal in reality.

You are just being willfully ignorant.

That statement has been said about the Hillary support troops by many people here in these boards. It's getting to be a catch phrase for them at this point.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I never said she was mentally unfit.

But Short-fingered Trump did. Do you think he is acting responsibly by saying that a sitting Supreme Court judge is mentally incompetent and should resign?

Was that before or after she said he will blow up the world?

See, there needs to be context.

And who is she that her opinion should carry more weight than the rest of us when she flaps her gums?

She wasn't ruling on a court case so she should

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

There you go folks.
An associate justice on the US Supreme Court is a lush that can't stay awake at important government functions, and has to apologize for shooting her mouth off in a manner that she shouldn't (due to her position).

We should give her a medal for that.

Yay! All hail Drunky!

She's a stiff. I'll guarantee she's 3 sheets to the wind when making decisions.

She should be in rehab not on the SC.

At least Trump was civil enough not to mention that part.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join