It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House candidate Trump calls Justice Ginsburg mentally unfit

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The persistent appeals to hypocrisy in this thread are getting old very quickly.
edit on 13-7-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It largely depends upon the amount of bias, doens't it? Which is why they really shouldn't speak out so strongly, if at all, on issues like this. It lends itself to, yes, calls of bias.

We expect, or should, the justices to act with honor concerning their biases. Which means recusing themselves if an issue that comes before them is one they can't hear with a modicum of neutrality.

rapacious horse droppings

You win the Kewpie doll for the day.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Supposedly, conservative/liberal goes out the window, or into a lock box, the day they take the oath of office.

Except that we know it really doesn't go completely out the window by how they review cases. The conservative justices voted against gay marriage, using as their justification that the constitution allows for state rights, and the liberal justices voted for gay marriage, using as their justification that the constitution allows non-discrimination for all. Both are correct, to an extent. Both are interpreting according to their own ideology.

Regarding the OP, I say that if Scalia was allowed to criticize Obama (and he did), then Ginsburg should be allowed to criticize Trump.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

White House candidate Trump calls Justice Ginsburg mentally unfit

Jungian projection at its finest.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Absolutely she should. I don't think many are arguing that she can't. I'm not, I don't think they should. I thought the same with Scalia's incessant diatribes against Obama.

The conservative/liberal bias is plain to see. Which is why strict constitutionalists should be the one's selected to the court...not politically reliable ones.

MHO, of course.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The persistent hypocrisy posing as erudite commentary in this thread is getting old very quickly.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

LOL ... thanks. (You may want to throw that Kewpie at me in a moment)

No, I mean really. This is got to be one of those times when the rubber of ideological pretension meets the road of reality as we know it to be.

The SCOTUS is a politically biased group, it has been, and it will be. It's a function of being appointed and confirmed by political entities. We know, everyone of us, that the Court has both liberal and conservative (and moderate) judges. To pretend otherwise, to pompously (not you Seagull) evangelize about the sacrosanct idealism of the law is pure unadulterated nonsense.

If we can't be real about something this blatantly obvious, at least to ourselves, ... well, let's say I'm not content with that answer.

I believe we can and must.

(post by WeAreAWAKE removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

it really doesn't go completely out the window by how they review cases. The conservative justices voted against gay marriage, using as their justification that the constitution allows for state rights, and the liberal justices voted for gay marriage, using as their justification that the constitution allows non-discrimination for all. Both are correct, to an extent. Both are interpreting according to their own ideology.

Defenestration. That's what happens......they all die from having been thrown out the window....

de·fen·es·tra·tion
dēˌfenəˈstrāSHən/Submit
noun
formalhumorous
the action of throwing someone or something out of a window.
"death by defenestration has a venerable history"
informal
the action of dismissing someone from a position of power or authority.
"that victory resulted in Churchill's own defenestration by the war-weary British electorate"[/e
"Formal humorous" ----- only those with a good command of the Received Pronunciation English would even know what that means..

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
On better points ...

The actual words of Justice Bader Ginsburg were noted above.

No one wants to actually debate what she said?
edit on 13-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So start a thread of your own, and respond only to the people whose posts appeal to your sensibilities.

It's kinda easy to do.....

start your own thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The persistent hypocrisy posing as erudite commentary in this thread is getting old very quickly.

If you knew what hypocrisy was, you wouldn't be appealing for it.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Holy cow, you guys don't like Hillary. How could you?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

We're not going to snipe, LesMis.

Drop the personal commentary and address the point of discussion.

Please demonstrate how the Supreme Court of the United States has been unaffected with partisan politics.

I'll be glad to have an actual debate with you on the facts, rather than this silly personal back and forth.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

You're so worried about what she's saying and nothing about what Trump has been saying for months now so I'm finding hard to care.

Trump, who might be President is apparently allowed to say anything no matter how outlandish, rude, or even false and nobody cares. Or worse they say he's just saying it like it is. While losing no credibility at all.

Yet anyone who says something against him is immediately pounced upon.

So, ya, I don't care.

Does that mean I'm in the right. No, I admit that. But, I don't care. We all have our worthless opinions on this issue which don't change anything and that's mine.

link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Thats a drunk activity... when laying on the floor. Many assume its plebian but... if youre an intellectual youll even read the toilet manufacturer and on many public toilets? Youll read clearly: Pleb... I may have spelled it wrong cause I havent looked down at anyone in awhile much less gave concideration the bias of opinion left to pickle.

note bias requires a number called 2, isnt that some sh-t?

edit and note: American Standard Plebe. If youve only heard it then how would you know how to spell it?

oh when I typed in pleb of course plebeian popped up in the search engine

link   

Here in Kansas in a couple of weeks or so, we are having local congressional elections.

On Aug 2, we will go to the polls and vote. Virtually every congressional seat is up for ....

review?
challenge?

Brownback has ruined this state. God willing, we will prevail in early August and run them off.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join