It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Convention 2004

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The only reason I am not saying Yea or Nay is cause the location keeps changing...if it is in the States somewhere and semi close for me..I'm there....of course once I get there no one can ever leave cause then you would know who I am

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The location never changed. People keep putting up ideas. It's been Cedartown, Georgia for awhile now for the NA conference. I can't say it enough.

DE

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by DeusEx]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Junk, double post. My bad.

DE

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by DeusEx]

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Everyone, let me reinterate: The NA convention will not take place in your town. The choices are St. Louis or New Orleans. So far, St. Louis seems to be ahead.

TC, too bad. Still coming?

As for minors, there will eb no age limit, but booze will not be served to you. Sorry guys.

However, I need a headcount as for who can come. Like I said, it's probably going to be mid-June.

DE

I vote St.Louis ---- Count me in.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
has a location been decided upon for sure? also, if enough people decide to come, we might be able to get a group rate on a hotel.

or, maybe you should just hold it in Detroit. bwahahaha!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Check the ATS North American Convention Thread.
Info is in there

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
hmm. not sure how I feel about camping in Nowheresville, GA with a bunch of strangers. I'll have to think about that one.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
First off, although I am an Alabamian, I have to admit that North Georgia is very beautidul, and would be an excellent place to hang out.

Second off, no matter where we meet, I don't think you'll find a stranger bunch than an ATS get together!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Questor
Hmm. Maybe this convention is TOO dangerous for me. TOO many HORNY males for my liking.

Yeah... I noticed. Chicks really aren't into drinking and throwing up a lot and showing off their chests to hooting and howling males. And frankly, I'd be bored out of my liberal anti-gun tree-hugging mind.

Separate but equal ATS cons might be the answer -- let them go shoot stuff and get drunk and enjoy the testosterone rush and the rest of us go off ghost hunting or visiting one of the "weird gravity sites" or investigating other places of reputed unusual phenomina?

*bounce*

i think we shold have some of everything,..drink, chats grilled lomito and after alle the fun we take a hike up that one scarry [place we have all wanted to visit.. ofcourse we would have to think of a site somewhere....

If we have problems finding a spot on the planet to be for a day.. lets make it an ATS camptrip...id go for that..love to travel.. and hike out for a while..
love to meet yah!

Spot

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Behold! ATS NA convetion thread!

DE

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Questor
Hmm. Maybe this convention is TOO dangerous for me. TOO many HORNY males for my liking.

Yeah... I noticed. Chicks really aren't into drinking and throwing up a lot and showing off their chests to hooting and howling males. And frankly, I'd be bored out of my liberal anti-gun tree-hugging mind.

Separate but equal ATS cons might be the answer -- let them go shoot stuff and get drunk and enjoy the testosterone rush and the rest of us go off ghost hunting or visiting one of the "weird gravity sites" or investigating other places of reputed unusual phenomina?

what Questor said. as much as I like you all, being one of maybe 3 or 4 girls in the forest with a bunch of guys I don't really know sets of my paranoia radar. while I do like drinking, drinking in that situation might not be so kosher.
pragmatically, it'd be a hell of a lot easier for me if the gathering was in a city so I could at least fly in and not have to deal with finding a ride/car rental. (after all, you have to be over 26 to rent a car, and I'm not.) so I guess it'll probably be a no for me, unless it's decided there should be 2 ATS gatherings, one for those who like to play in the woods and shoot things, and one for those who prefer to sleep indoors and fly in directly

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Hmmm. Maybe I'm expecting something different than what others are expecting.

As far as firearms, that is a given for travellers, in my opinion. There's nothing any more macho (male) about a firearm than any other tool. Get over them. Stop fixating, its unhealthy and can be considered Fruedian.

As far as getting drunk and howling at the moon, again, not what I was expecting. I expected something more along the lines of friends, some with similar opinions and some with differing, but friends nevertheless, meeting for possibly the first time, enjoying the beautiful countryside and having meaningful conversations.

Hopefully I will not be the only mature human at the shindig. I expect that will not be the case. If I am there, I assure you, ladies will be very much secure in enjoying the get together without having to worry about ignorance.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ja, I'm with TC. I'd like drinking, but minimal craziness. Discuss is yarr. Shooting animals and each other is not. We're ehre to meet, talk, things like that.

DE

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
See, there are two mature adults who expect the best out of life and each other.

Anymore rational people who want to get together and have a good, fun and sane time that does not include rape, murder, pillage and burn? Personally, I am into eating (being of Irish decent with type O blood raw veggies and animal protein is best for me), drinking coffee, beer and filtered water (being that I'm of the above stated decent with the above stated blood type two of three beverages are bad for me), camp or bon fires, depending on the number of people and the number of pyros in the crowd story-telling and joke-telling.

Anymore ideas for the get-together?

Saphie is going to want a veggie diet. Anymore rabbits out there?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
LOL... Yes. I will arrange for specifics of what to bring in a month, once things are more sorted out.

DE

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i was thinking that perhaps Denver International Airport would be great. Especially since it has a "Great Hall" and tons of masonic stuff.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Denver would be good...but so would the great Indian Territory...

centrally located and lots of open space.

ARE WE FIRMING THIS UP OR NOT!?!

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Lets be assholes and find out when Bohemian Grove starts. Just show up with kegs of beer and bar b q.

I vote Bohemian Grove

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Im sorry Im joining this thread a little late. Is the convention thing for real? If so then can someone tell me the details and everything so I can start planning the trip in advance. Thanx.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You should contact, DeusEx, Ocelot.
I haven't heard a peep about this in several weeks.

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join