It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Racist Indoctrination Of Our Youth VS. Culture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You apparently did not read my previous post.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Q: If you, OP, haven't found unbridled success in your life - is it because you are guilty of all listed above from A thru E? If so, what is your excuse? If not, what then is your excuse? What are YOU waiting for? You seem to have it all figured out.

I do okay. I do not live in the ghetto. I also do not have all of the success that I would like, and I doubt if you asked anyone, from the richest to the poorest, they would say the same.

Everyone is guilty of not achieving. The problem I am focusing on happens to be a national debate that is causing division between people, and now it has escalated for violence. I am in no way coming from a high horse as you gathered from my post. I want a solution to the problems in this world, and how else do ideas spark in society? We share them. That is why we are all here, for the free exchange of ideas and information.

I do not have an excuse for not achieving more. I strive to do my personal best and not hurt anyone in the process. I accept my faults and my decisions or lack of decisions. I blame no one else for my problems but me. I have all of the same excuses that I mention in the OP, if you look at my other post explaining who I am and where I come from you will see that is the case.I am comfortable and happy with my life. If I die tomorrow I will have no regrets, but even having faced real hardships in my life, I blame no one else for my failures whatever they may be.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: intrptr

You apparently did not read my previous post.

I just disagree with the generality you stated in your OP...

It comes down to culture. Look at what poor black communities value. They look up to drug dealers, rappers that glorify violence, and sports stars that often times are doing the same thing. Success and self reliance is looked down upon

"Poor black communities" value their next meal. They do what they gotta to survive from desperation. You say you lived there, you should know that.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

I do okay. I do not live in the ghetto.

I'm happy to read that. I wish you much success in life past the level of "I do okay," if that is what you desire. We, you and I, both live in a first world nation where opportunities surround us, and when taken advantage of, will allow us "the material success" we seek. There are no excuses. Personal responsibility is paramount as you have alluded to in your OP and last comment.

I also do not have all of the success that I would like, and I doubt if you asked anyone, from the richest to the poorest, they would say the same.

That may be true, or false, depending on the person and the perspective one has. Not all success is measured in materialistic wealth and not everyone defines "success" in the same way. I agree with your sentiment, tho.

Everyone is guilty of not achieving.

True. Despite my personal successes, I have failed at achieving many things at many points of my life and will surely do so again in the future. Life is all about hits and misses.

However, in your OP, you did not focus on "everyone is guilty of not achieving" but only focused on the Black community not achieving. Why did you focus on only one demographic if everyone is guilty of not achieving at some point in their life?

The problem I am focusing on happens to be a national debate that is causing division between people, and now it has escalated for violence. I am in no way coming from a high horse as you gathered from my post. I want a solution to the problems in this world, and how else do ideas spark in society? We share them. That is why we are all here, for the free exchange of ideas and information.

I understand your intention now. However, in your OP, the way it was framed, and/or the way you expressed your thoughts; furthers that division even more. If you are truly seeking a solution for society, going about it by bashing the entire Black community like you did in the OP, is not the way to go, my friend. One does not spark ideas by generalizations and condemnation of one particular demographic by comparing them to another demographic. This is why I responded to your post in the way I did. I simply mirrored your thought process back to you.

I do not have an excuse for not achieving more. I strive to do my personal best and not hurt anyone in the process. I accept my faults and my decisions or lack of decisions. I blame no one else for my problems but me. I have all of the same excuses that I mention in the OP, if you look at my other post explaining who I am and where I come from you will see that is the case.I am comfortable and happy with my life. If I die tomorrow I will have no regrets, but even having faced real hardships in my life, I blame no one else for my failures whatever they may be.

You seem like a good person who understands the importance of taking personal responsibility, whether for our successes and failures, is the key.

In your OP, you generalized and tried to paint the entire Black demographic with a single brush. There are many people within the black community who possess the same ideals. They too take personal responsibility such as: accepting faults and decisions or lack of decisions. And blame no one else for their problems but themselves.

Something to contemplate.

edit on 14-7-2016 by Involutionist because: Grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join