It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grown adults obsessing over videogames, comics, superheroes annoy me!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

No they're not...

I've got two flags. A throw pillow. A neon sign. I'd love to have season tickets...

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm an adult female that plays games and collects related stuff and have tons of girl/guy friends that do the same. Why do other people's hobbies bother you? They may have more hobbies than just that too. If they aren't hurting anyone and their responsibilities are handled then what they do in their free time is on them.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: secretboss

If we're being dicks about it, real men use hand tools and so dont need the gym. Power tools are beta.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
It doesn't really bother me,

EXCEPT:

40-50 year old man, wearing AQUAMAN tennis shoes.

AQUAMAN?????

My god you couldn't have picked a better member of the Justice league for crying out loud?

The only thing that could have been worse, would have been the Wonder Twins. LOL

LoL

the hazard of having wonder twin shoes is if you touch the shoes together, one shoe becomes a cup of water while the other shoe becomes a gerbil.

i play killzone. playstaion exclusive game.

killzone > halo

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Nm

edit on 8 13 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Your only answer is to read Scott Pilgrim and buy an XBox One X and a Wii

posted on Dec, 19 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i think the time i spent reading the OP would have been better spent playing video games...

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I agree. The X-Men Spiderman Deadpool the avengers whatever else...the transformers... I just don't have any interest in these cgi action super hero movies.

I will enjoy video games but play on a laptop tv setup. And I work 60 hours a week so time is limited... it's nice if the weather is bad.

I noticed a strange phenomenon online while randomly searching for information on historical subjects....the over saturation and popularity of these comic action hero movies causes your searches to be interfered with.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Would it be any different then religion, reading about a god of the sun, saving people like an angel, or the other guy dressed like a devil brutalizing sinners when the sun is down?

I still see a lot of adults waiting for Superman, while praying the big bad devil away.

It true, youth is wasted on the young, and your as young as you will feel. What I find weird or extreme is body modifcation to look like a character or doll.
edit on 30-8-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2018 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: secretboss
It really annoys me how so many adult males, sometimes with children, are obsessing over childish things like videogames, comics and superhero movies and figures.

Example, a friend of mine (mid 30's) was telling me how excited he is about some new video game he plays. He brags about how he plays it till 3 AM and constantly posts video game related memes on facebook.

Another guy I know at work (40 something, married with 2 children) collects action figures and buys videogames for himself! Videogames and action figures?! At 40?? Seriously???

And just the other day, I saw a balding dude on the street, definitely in his 40s, wearing a Batman T-shirt!

I could go on and on. But seriously, what is going on? Adult males should be using power tools, building stuff, working out at the gym and so on....NOT immersing themselves in amusements intended for kids!!

/rant

All work and no play makes secretboss a dull boy

Why are you so angry? Play chess or something and it could also be considered a kids game because kids play it too, when should you stop playing chess? At 40? Who said so, who writes the rules about when to stop having fun in any way you like?

What if you started riding bikes at 6, should you stop at 40 because kids also ride bikes?

posted on Aug, 31 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yes I have seen this. I can understand why you are annoyed as why should middle aged people be sporting bat-man T-shirts.
I know a group of middle age people who also role play.
Its because they don't want to release the child in them.
It also allows a way of expressing their superhero inner self or supervillian.
I read a story GTS is played by a lot of cops. They do it to play out their alter ego.
The alter ego wants to be everything we cant be in real life.
Keep wearing them batman T shirts older people and role playing, and playing morphs.
Its keeps them happy and off the streets.

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

life is too short - just get on with yours and leave other people to thiers

CX

posted on Sep, 1 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Haha I did smile when I saw this post....I'm a 46 year old guy who has returned to video gaming after a thirty year break.

Recently I got asked why I would want to play video games as an adult, when they are kids games? Also as a male who should be doing more "manly" things with my life.

Oh and I was on a train crocheting a blanket at the time too...so that helped a lot too lol....

My response.....

Video games for me are a hobby, but more so an escape from real life issues, some of which were caused by my service in the forces. They allow me to unwind with a bit of fun, to follow a story that is often better written that any of the rubbish you would watch on TV or film.

They have enabled me to learn more about technology than any other way has before.

As for the "manly" issue.....oh I do love this one..... and I get it all the time when crocheting in public..

As far as I can see, none of my video games or crochet hooks have a vagina on them indicating to me that they are women only hobbies!

I served nine years in the military police, the last two doing different stuff down in S. Armagh....amongst other things I boxed for most of my army career, dealt with more fights than most people would care to in one life....and I made two gorgeous daughters.....so if you want a resume of my more "manly" achievements.....pull up a chair coz it may take a while.

My crocheting, I make blankets and hats for a city hospital prem and intensive care unit....so thanks to my "unmanly" skill, I have kept hundreds of babies warm when they were struggling early on.

Video games, even just talking about them,, allow another way to interact with my kids and their friends. I've met more interesting people since returning to gaming than I have in the last ten years. The artwork, the game design, the music, the story writing behind the games....it's not childish......its not "girly,".....it's a career, a skill and talent at the highest level which should be respected and applauded.

At then end of the day though, it all comes down to what you have in your own life? If someone spends their time criticizing or questioning your life choices, it says to me they are probably not happy or content enough with theirs.

Does it really matter what another person does?

A tune for you from my favourite game.... hopefully not too effeminate or childish

CX.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
"Hell yeah!" Another man here that feels the same. I will admit to entertaining my son's wishes on occasion and killing a little block of time playing a video game with him. But that's not often as we do other things most of the time. I was not planning to expose him to video games at all. However with the return of deadbeat mom also came video games. She "parents" by video game (so she can play on her phone, smoke, and be left alone, or whatever). Suprisingly, attorneys tell me to not bring up the fact that he spends way too much time playing video games there even when staying up till 3 a.m.! Half sibling is a teen, ours is 8 so hes also playing games that are way over his age. No one seems to care but me because despite this, I was advised it could make me look "controlling." Crazy thing is, they wont believe the truth, that I actually want her to parent and be involved!

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
While I don't understand the attraction either, I don't have to. As long as their interests/hobbies are not illegal or harmful, so be it. But his comes from the guy who spent all summer at age 13 reading Gibbon's Decline and Fall, 1896 unedited printing.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Took my son to see the new spiderman movie...noticed there were more grown men then children lol.

Good movie....*spoiler alert* uncle Ben died.

posted on Jun, 5 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   
"We only Have to grow old, we don't Have to grow up"

One day you'll get it too.

posted on Jun, 29 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   

The Keaton Batman movie came out when I was 17, and I'm 50 now. Why wouldn't a 40 or 50 year old wear a Batman tshirt? People wear tshirt of the things they watch or do and are fans of all the time. Video Games are just interactive books/movies telling a story but you control one of the characters in it. It's just a natural progression using the technology available. Welcome to the future. Why do you even care what other people do or wear anyway? As long as they're covered up so we don't have to see their hairy bits. I'm off to play a video game while I watch TV while wearing a tshirt with something written on it. This will probably annoy you. I can't work out why.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join