It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sanders "Revolution" Was Just Put To Sleep

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It would appear that there is some obvious cognitive dissonance in former Bernie supporters turned Hillary supporters, that of which is an impossible stance to argue against with logic and facts.

Sorry. I cant debate in rhetorical terms and hyperboles.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Oh I'm not saying they aren't out there, I just haven't seen or heard it. My reasons stand for why I support him though. Plus he'll surround himself with political veterans that know how to handle any situation that comes up, and the best part is that he'll hire by merit. You can't get more equal than that.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: essentialtremors
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But, see, on page one you clearly stated that you're not voting on a position thaat you agree with, rather you're voting purely AGAINST a position.

I am voting against Trump. I'm also voting for Sanders' positions that have been adopted into Hillary's campaign. Before it was just voting against Trump, but now that Hillary has adopted some of Sanders' campaign there are things I agree with her on.

In any case, it's complicated and people on ATS usually don't care about my nuances.

Of Sanders' positions, which ones has Clinton adopted? Does she even have any besides bragging about being a third term of obama?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: olaru12
Ask yourself this...

Who will the military, corporate, industrial complex support?

They'll listen to the GOP. Trump would just be a figurehead. That's the role he's already playing. Just a representative picture of the party. The REAL strength in the GOP is going to come from the Party Leaders - Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Roy Blunt, John Cornyn, Jim Inhofe, John Thune, Tony Perkins, Mike Huckabee, etc. These are the people who will be running the country if Trump is elected. These are the people the military industrial complex and corporate America will be working with.

So you mean all the people who hate trump and dont waNY him elected? And you think Trump is just going to do whatever they want missing thr logic on that one.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Apparently word is they weren't going to let him even speak on the floor of the convention or at the convention at all if he didn't endorse Hillary. They pretty much had him by the you-know-whats.

And something still could happen on the floor. FDR endorsed someone else and was still elected after being nominated from the floor or whatever.

That's the thing. He might have endorsed Hillary, but he hasn't conceded. That's strange to me. Some in the party think he might still have something up his sleeve. It's worrying to some, interesting to others.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Democrats always do this. Has obamacare helped you? It has only hurt me. Do you not care about getting down to the bottom of a scandal since it involves Hillary? Ironically, she's the one that started the whole birther thing on obama, while you're sitting there blaming Republicans. When Congress wouldn't approve obamacare or an unbelievably high budget, obama shut the government down and blamed the right. You apparently ate it up without question, no surprise there.

Save your bridge for Hillary. She wants to build one to Mexico.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

It would appear that there is some obvious cognitive dissonance in former Bernie supporters turned Hillary supporters, that of which is an impossible stance to argue against with logic and facts.

Just to clarify, I will hold my nose and vote for Hillary, but I don't "support" her. I am not a "Hillary supporter". I have never sent her OR the DNC money or spoken on how wonderful she is or said that I agree with her on much of anything. I SUPPORTED Sanders (and still do). I will always be a Sanders supporter.

Seems the confusion is in semantics.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Interesting indeed......

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Why?

Why are you going to vote for that criminal?

I understand that you're afraid of Trump, and the change he would bring to you, but why on earth will you support that criminal?

If you give her your vote, no matter what you say, you're going to support her. You may not like her, or what she represents, but voting for her says otherwise. You will be giving her the power to do what she wants to do, because you voted for her. Her presidency becomes legitimate.

If you honestly don't support her, don't vote, or give your vote to Gary Johnson.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I hadn't heard that.

I would rather see his supporters keep up the fight until the end rather than concede defeat too early.

I just don't understand how Bernie supporters can back everything he stood against.

I will say, that Ron Paul never endorsed any of his opponents and fought until the end. That's respectable. He never once sold out his ideologies. He didn't just say things, he lived it.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Don't forget the wild card in the mix. Gov. Gary J.

The Libertarians are going to do exceptionally well this time. That could sink Trump as many moderate republican will not support Donald. Remember what Ross P. did to the GOP back in 92 with his Reform party.

edit on 13-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

So then all of the posts defending her as a candidate are really just you trying to convince yourself I assume?

Because you sure aren't convincing anybody else. And I would sure consider it support when you sabre rattle in her favor.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
So you mean all the people who hate trump and dont waNY him elected? And you think Trump is just going to do whatever they want missing thr logic on that one.

I can't say anything about "all the people who hate Trump". I'm just giving my opinion of who big business and the military will listen to.

And yes, I think Trump will LARGELY listen to the establishment when it comes to issues. He's not a king and he's not very well liked by the establishment GOP. That's why THEY are writing the platform while Trump is busy putting on his show.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Some in the party think he might still have something up his sleeve. It's worrying to some, interesting to others.

I think he will throw his weight around at the convention as much as he can. And I support him in that!
I find this election extremely interesting!

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Why?

Why are you going to vote for that criminal?

I said so on page one... www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you give her your vote, no matter what you say, you're going to support her.

Like I said, semantics. And it's my game of semantics because I cannot stomach the thought of being a "Hillary supporter" LOL! If you wish to think of me as a Hillary supporter, you're free.

So then all of the posts defending her as a candidate are really just you trying to convince yourself I assume?

Can you show me a post where I've defended her? I haven't talked much about her AT ALL, and certainly haven't said much in her favor. My posts have been focused on Bernie and Donald, mostly.

All I've said about Hillary is that I don't believe ALL of the hyperbole about her and that I'll be voting for her. Not much of a "defense"...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Careful what you wish for. It could sink Hillary.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

If you don't support her, don't give her your vote.

It's that simple. Everything else that you say, is simply a way for you to rationalize your "hidden"support for her.

Or quit thinking we're some kind of fools, and openly say I support that criminal...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton has had so many lies exposed and proven recently.

Anybody even whispering support for her at this point is suborning perjury.

I understand the support however because her lies were only supposition until a few weeks ago.

People need time to think about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Remember what Ross Perot (a businessman, btw) said about NAFTA? "A giant sucking sound" as the jobs leave the US for Mexico.

Sometimes the wildcards have it right... just a shame that no one sees it.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Remember what Ross Perot (a businessman, btw) said about NAFTA? "A giant sucking sound" as the jobs leave the US for Mexico.

Sometimes the wildcards have it right... just a shame that no one sees it.

Copy that....Johnson called it right this time!!

I think plenty of Libertarians can see like Gov. Gary and believe that Trump is a Pu$$Y. That's the way I see it as well!!

independentpoliticalreport.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join