It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS quietly preparing for the end of Caliphate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

hmm...let me get this straight...we have an article quoted from Washington Post that the Caliphate has run out of steam...I see...wouldn't be any American propaganda in there would there; after all the CIA did initially sponsor them?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

when the were called Al Quaida in Iraq

isis want a caliphate, al qaeda a holy war against the west, they are actually fighting each other in iraq, libya etc.

local terror groups that once took the name Al Quaida and the later ISIS will find another franchise to take up because terrorist do not like to follow losers.

as shown by eta, ira and the still going al qaeda, oh wait they are all still going.

does not require a US occupation force to maintain.

such a good job was done by america in iraq, afghanistan and libya, all role models for democracy.

By supporting local forces, that problem is not an issue.

the west, including america supported isis up until they refused to bomb assad out, like they had earlier with gaddafi in libya, and isis chopped a few journalists heads off in revenge.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
By supporting local forces, that problem is not an issue.

Until one of those local forces decides to take up the mantel and go full jihadi on the world....

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

hmm...let me get this straight...we have an article quoted from Washington Post that the Caliphate has run out of steam...I see...wouldn't be any American propaganda in there would there; after all the CIA did initially sponsor them?

The important part is quoting ISIS itself in their own broadcast. Up until now they have been pretending like everything was fine. Do follow along,.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This should benefit Kurdish interests across the board.

Likely there are some corresponding news stories about that, or will be soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join