It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Ceramic Pistol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Does anyone have a pic of the CIA Ceramic Pistol if thats the name to the gun and what are the bullets made out of i heard they was of carbon or something so they dissolved with bodily fluids can anyone shed some light on this topic?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Who knows what the CIA ect use. But i found this.

While the M4 utilizes a polymer frame, it contains steel inserts, and the slide is all alloy steel with a carbon-fibre/ceramic barrel. The M4 was built around a new caliber specifically designed for the gun, the MilTech 12x20mm caseless.

From Here

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
That's fake, 200 years? it's another one of those fantasy games...looks like a HK design to me...like the UCP 4.6mm pistol...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
" The planetary army is in disarray, with different units support various local warlords"

yeah, it's definitely fantasy game. besides, I have never heard of a 12x20mm caseless cartridge.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
actually there are ceramic guns. They dont go off on metal detectors but can only be fired once. Also the gun is made of polymer plastic. Also there are even some paintball gun barrles made of ceramic.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yes, but the paint ball barrels don't have to withstand pressure from a projectile traveling around 1,000 ft per second. As where a marker barrel only deals with under 300 fps. Anything over 290 is considered not cool. Ceramic for a firearm would be one shot maybe two if it is over under, like the earlier derringers. I have seen a four barreled derringer but forget the make. So any ways, just had to add that.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Do any of you remember the movie"Die Hard"? There is a line about a Glock 7(I think) that was ceramic. This got the anti-gunner all in an uproar. They still believe today that a Glock will pass a scan.

I have 3 Glocks and they won't pass a scan.

Hollywood, gota luv it.

Roper

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If you want a disposable weapon, try sharp ice for stabbing or a big chunk of ice for beating someone to death.

Then it melts and bingo. No weapon. No fingerprints!

Much more cost effective. Also comes in any shape you can make it.

If i have to commit murder, i prefer it to on the cheap.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Some ravers "gabbers" in the Netherlands smuggled toothbrushes in clubs and parties, which they killed people with...they sharpend them...

What about those tiles on the space shuttle? what are they made of? I believe ceramics too but i'm not sure...

Many .22 pistols have 4 barrels as well...i'll link some from Gunbroker.com

www.gunbroker.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Speaking of ceramic weaponry, these might be of interest.

Mad Dog Knives - Mirage-x
Mad Dog Knives - Frequent Flyer

As far as caseless ammunition goes, I heavent ever heard of it ever catching on, though a lot of companies have dabbled with the idea. In regards to sneaking weapons through checkpoints I would think edged weapons are alot easier when made from the proper materials, versus guns which not only have metal but contain gun powder and gun powder residue if not properly cleaned, which could also be picked up by sensors I imagine.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Marky

I believe, a ceramic pistol is principally possible.But it may not have a mechanism or automatic feeders as it requires steel parts such as springs etc.It can at least shoot one bullet replaced by hand.It can be an assasin gun.There are ceramic products less harder than diamond and harder than titanium or steel.
Korkut KOLERKILIC / turkey

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Nope there is no such thing as an ceramic pistol.
it has been an urban legend, read this:

"Plastic/ceramic pistol" myths

Glock 22 in the new Olive Drab frame (with magazine)Glock pistols do set off metal detectors and can indeed be detected by X-ray machines, due to their metal barrels, slides, magazines, and ammunition. The erroneous claim that they could not was first made in an article by columnist Jack Anderson, entitled, "Quaddafi Buying Austrian Plastic Pistol", published in The Washington Post on January 13, 1985. The claim was then reported by the Associated Press and further reported by many United States television news stations and newspapers. It has since become an urban legend that to this day continues to appear in news reports and movies, and has even been a topic of debate in the United States Congress and during oral argument before the United States Supreme Court in the case of District of Columbia v. Heller.

In fact, 83.7% (by weight) of the Glock pistol is normal ordnance steel and the "plastic" parts are a dense polymer known as "Polymer 2", which is radio-opaque and is therefore visible to X-ray security equipment. In addition, virtually all of these "plastic" parts contain embedded steel not to make the firearms "detectable", but to increase functionality and shooting accuracy. Contrary to popular movies like Die Hard 2: Die Harder, neither Glock nor any other gun maker has ever produced a "porcelain", "ceramic" or "plastic" firearm which is undetectable by ordinary security screening devices. Even if a pistol were completely undetectable by either X-ray machines or metal detectors were to be developed, the ammunition inside would still be detectable.

In Die Hard 2, the character John McClane portrayed by Bruce Willis specifically referred to a non-existent "Glock 7" with many fictitious characteristics:

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This talk of ceramic weaponry reminds me of a film by Hayao Miyazaki called Nausicaa in which the characters have little to no access to metals so they make weaponry, particularly daggers, out of ceramics. It's a pretty cool concept.

I think it would be possible to make a ceramic projectile weapon, although it would probably resemble a crossbow rather than a gun. Loading mechanisms and live amunition would be extremely hazardous and difficult to construct. A ceramic, or plastic crossbow, with foldable bow and ceramic projectile may be the answer?

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The CIA weapon is supposedly called the Glass Gun because of the ceramic material used to make it.

According the the Straight Dope - which is usually pretty accurate
www.straightdope.com...
- it was described in a 1995 gun magazine with few details.

It has a clip with several rounds, apparently ceramic bullets fired at low pressure (subsonic I shouldn't wonder).
Is it real?
Who knows?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I've seen some intelliegence sprouting from the heads of some of the people posting here, so I'll join in.

the japanese, after world war two, spent a lot of money researching ceramics that could be used for industrial purposes. a lot of these developements have made their way quietly around the world, because "pfft, who cares about building a better coffee mug?".

the simple truth is that ceramics, as used today, are quite durable. they're used to augment armor by the troops in iraq, they're used to make specialized tools where steel or other metals can't be used for magnetic or conductivity reasons. and yes, I've heard of ceramic gun barrels in conventional comercial guns as well. they aren't common. why? because they're expensive. there are far fewer james-bond/sam-fischers than everybody would probably think. don't get me wrong, they do exist, in varying degrees, but they are by no means everywhere, and most of the time they exist because they've learned to keep things simple: this means a cheap gun that you can dump after you've used it and not have it traced back to you, if you need to have a gun at all. expediency is the name of the game. there may be CIA / alphabet soup agency types running around trying to sneak belt-buckle knives into another country, I don't know. I do know, however, that it's pretty much pointless. I've had guns offered to me in countries which are ruled by despotic and fascist governments simply because I looked like a rich bewildered tourist who might like some adrenaline on his trip. I've no doubt that the agents of whatever governments are perfectly capable of arming themselves once they get to a place. at the very least, they can have somebody at an embassy leave a 'package' for them somewhere. even if smuggling across national borders must be done, I must point out such personal examples as a burmese man walking across the river that serves as the thai/burmese border in taichilek/ma sae, and then carrying a small refrigerator that he bought back across the border- both times illegally- 100 yards from a guard post. this was in broad daylight. nobody stopped him. the refrigerator was not searched. perhaps he had to bribe the soldiers of one country or the other, i don't know. but he got across.

with this in mind, unless an undercover operation is specifically planned to take place in an area where a) an agent will be required to be armed and b) will be thoroughly searched ('thoroughly' is used loosely here, as airports/etc are not nearly so secure as everybody hopes), I don't really see any need for an exotic untraceable weapon such as is being discussed here. the three examples that come to mind (from the glock article) are all widely publicized. we all hear about it on the news if a courthouse gets shot up. or if somebody is found dead in an airport.

I'm not going to say that there aren't things you should worry about your government doing, wherever you live- but this is probably one of the more ridiculous things that you might consider. I wouldn't waste any time thinking about it.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Completely agree with last poster. I highly doubt the CIA is going to have any trouble getting weapons into any situation. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if they had a weapon like this collecting dust somewhere.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Does anyone really think that the CIA, NSA, FBI or other are going to outright show everyone their special "toys"????

Your better off with a wet dream.

Cheers!!!!

top topics

join