It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Space Station Out Of Control! Free Falling Back To Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Wonder if this is why NASA CUT THEIR LIVE FEED to the ISS a little while ago. Hmmmmmm? "Secretly hurtling back to Earth" And the article states just that

China’s first space station might be in freefall in space and on its way to crashing back down to Earth. The Tiangong-1 satellite was launched in 2011, and should have come back down to Earth in the ocean in a controlled crash. But watchers have said that it now appears to have gone into freewill, with China losing control of it, and so it could crash down onto the Earth any time. Like other lost satellites, it’s likely that the freefalling station would burn up on its way back into Earth and come back down as molten metal rather than with a big crash. But people have warned that it could still be a “real bad day” if the rocket fell back down to Earth, “but odds are it will land in the ocean or in an unpopulated area”.

the independent

I think we need to start looking around for more evidence! Any astronomers around? Is there anyway to stop this?

Thanks Pax

edit on 7/13/2016 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Is there anyway to stop this?

No.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So how serious is this Phage? I don't worry about the things I cannot control but I would like to know is they can regain control or direct this to an underpopulated area.

I do realize the article stated that the object will probably burn up before it gets too close but am curious as to why NASA had to cut their feed.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Oh sorry. Your source says it's in freewill. I have no idea what can be done about that. Once a satellite has a mind of its own all bets are off.

If it's out of fuel, that it. It will reenter when it does. Which is subject to a number of variables.

What do you mean "NASA had to cut their feed?"

edit on 7/13/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

The Tiangong-1 is essentially a school bus in orbit.

18,000 lbs. And 36 feet long, 11 foot diameter.

Regaining control of the satellite id imagine deoends on how severely out of control the satellite is, including its proximity in time to impact or orbital decay.

It probably will burn mostly up, id imagine nothing bigger than a 5 ft piece of metal may crash somewhere. Wouldnt want to be under it thats certain.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Thank you for pointing that out to me I didn't clarify ...NASA shut down the feed to the ISS...and here is what space.com says about issue with Chinese space station...

space.com

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Oh sorry. Your source says it's in freewill. I have no idea what can be done about that. Once a satellite has a mind of its own all bets are off.

Haven't kept up with USAF's SASSA program, then, eh? I sorta thought the 'self-aware satellite' RFQ was a joke, but no, it's going strong. Maybe the Chinese didn't copy it well.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

NASA shut down the feed to the ISS
What? NASA is not talking to the ISS? Why not?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
NASA shut down the feed to the ISS

They did? What is your evidence for that claim.... did you look for yourself?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Thanks for your response. Check out the link here which explains in a little more detail..
space.com

Pax

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I was hoping you could tell me....I don't know.

source

Pax

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Oh. No. Really? Are you serious? You believe that crap?
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Here ya go....it's almost 4am so i am pretty tired and no i didnt.

source

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Phage, not the ufo stuff but the feed went down.. Could that incident and the China station be connected?

Pax

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The "feed" did not go down.
www.ustream.tv...

Looking at Egypt at the moment.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

Here ya go....it's almost 4am so i am pretty tired and no i didnt.

So you prefer to believe a online joke newspaper, instead of doing a simple check yourself....

Here you can read about it.
eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

The four cameras of the HDEV experiment are oriented in different directions and with different views relative to the ISS travel direction. They are in positioned, 1 looking forward, 1 looking nearly straight down, and 2 looking back. This provides several different viewing angles to the viewer. The cameras are programmed to cycle from one camera to the next, and only one camera can work at a time. As they cycle, each camera must turn off and the next camera turn on before the HD video starts, taking about 8 to 10 seconds to change. Through this cycling, comparable data can be collected on each camera; while also providing, as a bonus, different Earth viewing perspectives.

edit on 13-7-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   

NASA did not end the live stream.
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Hmmmmm? I don't know then i posted that video above but gonna look for more evidence.....Thank you for help on explaining

the situation with China I am just not well informed in this area of science...I appreciate your knowledge.

Pax

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Ok here is what i have learned about the event with NASA temporarily cutting off the live feed with ISS... The event occurred on July 9 2016 when a gray object appeared close to the ISS ...some are questioning could it be the T 1....

Pax

daily mail

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join