It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Cleaning Methods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hello Friends,
How many of us ensure safer cleaning methods(by safer I meant environementally friendly). I wish to share an interesting blog I found at the rbc cleaning on how to master green cleaning www.rbcclean.com... . We need to be more responsible in discerning the certified and reliable cleaning products and accessories. I guess it is our mutual responsibility to ensure that we restore /preserve our pristine earth in all its glory.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: carolpalmer

I used to buy things like "green toilet bowl cleaner" but now that's really rare. I buy vinegar (dilute with water for a glass and surface cleaner), baking soda (abrasive, like ajax or comet, also deodorizer), and the cheapest vodka I can find (disinfectant). That covers all my housecleaning. I now make my own laundry soap (Castile soap, borax, and washing soda, read up on all the materials if you want to try it). I still buy dish soap and bleach (haven't found a safe whitening agent yet). But i'm still looking! Everything except the vodka is ridiculously cheaper than other cleaning products, green or not. Also I use old cloth dinner napkins instead of paper towels to wash windows (they are reusable) and use actual hand towels instead of paper towels for everything else. Oh, homemade dishwashing soap was an epic fail for me, but my dishwasher sucks anyway, YMMV. Good luck!!!
edit on 13-7-2016 by anotheramethyst because: spelling and typing

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
i love learning about new methods to clean. i recently found out about white vinegar (i know im so late) but you can clean up anything sometimes i get lazy and dont hang up my towels so they get musty in the hamper but pouring the vinegar over the towels takes the smell right out! its awesome! thanks nature lol

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carolpalmer

I use vineger for most things. Leaves a better shine on wood floors, is cheaper and doesnt kill things like humans.

a reply to: dreamlotus1111

yup, lol

also, GIN is really a cleaning product, I am convinced.

For bars, it gets that nasty old beer smell right out of wood.

Vodka works too, as someone mentioned, but it doesnt get the sticky out like gin does

edit on 8 15 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join