It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philando Castile: The Wrong Gun

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I'm having a hard time seeing the gun in almost every picture I've seen. I think there was one where I could sort of see one.

Also, I wasn't trying to be nasty you seem like a good sport so I'm more inclined to be candid and joke around, but I'm sorry if I insulted you with that post that got removed.

Another also, you really should do a thread about your time at the shoot. Sounds so fun! I'm not sure if I would be sketched out or not going to something like that. I once got super sketched out at a gun show. Just a weird vibe but it may have just been one nutter that ruined it.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
look to where the shoulder belt goes, between his arms and it's pulled tight. the lap belt wouldn't be saggin down laying that low on his leg if it was under his shirt.

edit on 12-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I might do one, if I have time... not tonight though, really tired.

a reply to: hounddoghowlie
Hmm... remember though, he was allegedly reaching behind to pull out his wallet for the officer.

To do that you kind of have to lean forward, which would pull the lap belt, giving it more slack once he fell back in the seat.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
still if the shoudler belt and the lap belt are connected at the same point and his weight pullin down and to the left is going to pull the lap belt the same way not just sit there saggin.

it obvious the belt is further up under his shirt. look again at the angles.

edit on 12-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA" well actually i forgot that that is a mirrored picture, so it would be down and to the right, towards the buckle.
edit on 13-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: not only that the black is not even the same color of the belt, the belt is almost the same color as his pants.
edit on 13-7-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The gun by the car looks like a Smith&Wesson M&P. It has the distinctive grip design when you zoom in on it and of course the square glock style slide for which Smith was sued and now pays royalties to glock for.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20982473]hounddoghowlie[/post

could it be the strap of her purse?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
still if the shoudler belt and the lap belt are connected at the same point and his weight pullin down and to the left is going to pull the lap belt the same way not just sit there saggin.

it obvious the belt is further up under his shirt. look again at the angles.

ETA" well actually i forgot that that is a mirrored picture, so it would be down and to the right, towards the buckle.
ETA: not only that the black is not even the same color of the belt, the belt is almost the same color as his pants.

Hmm. It does look darker. I thought perhaps lightning might account for that, but considering it... maybe not.

I still think it doesn't look like the recovered gun, maybe his wallet?

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
The gun by the car looks like a Smith&Wesson M&P. It has the distinctive grip design when you zoom in on it and of course the square glock style slide for which Smith was sued and now pays royalties to glock for.

Yeah, I could see that. The side of the grip isn't contiguous, even if the style is pretty similar. I don't recall seeing a Glock with a grip like that, with the clear line separating the sides.

a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks
I don't think it's a purse strap... seems too far away.
edit on 17Wed, 13 Jul 2016 17:07:51 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Greven
a reply to: Snarl
Sure, people can have more than one gun.

My primary point is that the "gun in lap" claim is wrong. A gun was recovered at the scene; I haven't seen where more than one was recovered.

The dark blob alleged to be a gun looks absolutely nothing like the gun on the asphalt; but the argument alleging it is a gun points to the surveillance video - which is clearly different than the recovered gun.

Castile was ridin' dirty. He made a dumb mistake that cost him his life. Why can't we all just own up to the fact his girlfriend stated in her unrehearsed video?

He told the officer he had a gun ... and then started reaching ... for something.

Why? Why do you tell a guy pointing a gun in your face ... that you have a firearm ... and then start reaching for *sh!t*?

According to the officer's lawyer, he wasn't pointing a gun at Castile:

But attorney Thomas Kelly tells the Star Tribune newspaper that Officer Jeronimo Yanez thought 32-year-old Castile looked like someone police had been seeking in a recent robbery.
Kelly told The Associated Press that Yanez was reacting to seeing that gun when he drew his own weapon.

This rather reinforces the idea that they did not conduct this stop as a felony stop.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
How many people that are stopped from a routine traffic stop plan to shoot a cop, and tell the cop they are carrying a gun legally?? Next to ZERO.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
An update; I've been so busy lately with house and holidays and work that I missed NY Times story last month:

Officer Yanez would later tell investigators that he feared for his life and that he believed Mr. Castile was trying to grab a gun. But Mr. Choi, the prosecutor, suggested a different narrative. He said that Mr. Castile had gone beyond what the law required in alerting Officer Yanez to his gun, and that he had never drawn the weapon. Paramedics eventually found the weapon, a .40-caliber semiautomatic handgun, in the pocket of his shorts as they were positioning him on a backboard. There was no round in the chamber.

I would say this resolves the issue about what was in his lap, given that the only gun found was still in his pocket.

Another failure of the blurry-image internet detectives. At this point I'm pretty sure my original idea about the 'thing in his lap' being a seat belt was correct - or wrong, and it was a wallet.
edit on 13Thu, 29 Dec 2016 13:10:08 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Thanks for updating us on the gun. That is interesting.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

well hes dead, and that cops getting off on technicalities...
and the family will get a couple of mils.
stay tuned for the next episode....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join