It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Stavridis, Retired Admiral, Is Being Vetted as Hillary Clinton’s Running Mate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It looks like Hillary Clinton is trying to steal Trump's idea to select a military VP.

Hillary Clinton’s campaign is vetting James G. Stavridis, a retired four-star Navy admiral who served as the 16th supreme allied commander at NATO, as a possible running mate, according to a person with knowledge of the vetting process.

Some close to Mrs. Clinton, the former secretary of state, say she was always likely to have someone with military experience on her vice-presidential shortlist, and Mr. Stavridis, currently the dean of the Fletcher School at Tufts University, fits the description.

I'm not sure what to say about this, except ... copycat?

What do they mean that she always was going to have someone with military experience?
I think it is more likely that she is doing this because Trump has a general on his list of prospectives.

But, this looks like Hillary's kind of military choice:

In 2012, Mr. Stavridis was investigated for having improperly used a military aircraft to fly with his wife to an exclusive party in Burgundy, France with winemakers.

James Stavridis, Retired Admiral, Is Being Vetted as Hillary Clinton’s Running Mate

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

VP potentials fill out mountains of paperwork for the campaign, months in advance to apply for the job. It eventually gets whittled down to a few, at which point the nominee looks it over. I doubt the rumors of Trump maybe selecting a military officer have anything to do with Hillary also considering to do so.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well this fits right in with the trend of Japan trying to militarize, NATO generals trying to drag us into war with Russia, German and French ambassadors calling for increased military spending and proposing an EU army . . . .

Ugh . . .

Hacked Emails Reveal NATO General Plotting Against Obama on Russia Policy

In a series of messages in 2014, Breedlove sought meetings with former Secretary of State Colin Powell, asking for advice on how to pressure the Obama administration to take a more aggressive posture toward Russia.

Japan's Path to Militarization

Japanese voters on Sunday gave Prime Minister Shinzo Abe the majority needed to rewrite the country’s pacifist Constitution for the first time since the end of World War II.

Preliminary counts indicated Abe’s Liberal Democrats and his allies won a two-thirds majority in Japan’s upper house of parliament, giving the government the power to rewrite Article 9 of the Constitution, which renounces war. The U.S. imposed the clause after World War II, and Abe has previously said he wishes to do away with it. The U.S. supports that position.

Of course this is with CFR Hitley on her way to the US presidency after being closely tied to Robert Kagan, the father of Project for a New American Century.

Members of the Council on Foreign Relations

Robert Kagan: Republican, Neocon, PNAC co-founder endorses Clinton

Exclusive: Prominent GOP Neoconservative to Fundraise for Hillary Clinton

She even hired his wife to work for the US State Department in the Ukraine . . .

Lets all get ready for another war folks.

-FBB
edit on 12-7-2016 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The Hillary Campaign is in copy-cat mode.

Copy from Sanders...= votes.

Copy anything from Trump that looks like a vote.

And talk in general not in detail.

Downhill campaigning.

Oh, and don't forget to lie often.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Hillary Campaign is in copy-cat mode.

Copy from Sanders...= votes.

Copy anything from Trump that looks like a vote.

And talk in general not in detail.

Downhill campaigning.

Oh, and don't forget to lie often.

She has been doing it her whole life. Nothing she does is unique or original and the reason why she always finds herself making big mistakes. Things change. Adopting old battle plans that worked often leads to failure. Just like her copying Carly Fiorina's book title. Hillary's last book bombed and adopting Obama's policies which most were ugly failures.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Again this is standard operating procedure. Candidates always vet somebody from the other party, to look like they are bi partisan, a military officer, to show they are pro military and somebody at the far right GOP and far left DNC to show they are taking those parts of the party seriously. And of course leak it. It is part of politics. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person here who has ever followed an election cycle before.
edit on 12-7-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
HEY …when did Breedlove channel LeMAY?
I think once the Ukraine situation settles down,we will back off a bit, WE don't command the UN or NATO ,THEY might want to fight, so its BACKWARDS decade I guess. We once got into a little jungle fight on the France's behalf.
China is pushing ownership into international shipping lanes with their island THAT won't fly, so we might fight them and the Norks. Russia will LOVE that.
After the mess in the middle east who can say?
So many refugees and problems amongst them ,we aren't EUROPE.
People will get hurt here until the Jihadists are outed an removed,that is inevitable. ALL I can do is try to remain calm.

a reply to: FriedBabelBroccoli

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I guess Obama did not get the memo.
In 2008, his VP shortlist seemed to have consisted of all Democratic policitians:
source

Delaware Senator Joe Biden[6]
Indiana Senator Evan Bayh[6]
Virginia Governor Tim Kaine[7]
Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius[7]
New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson[6]
Rhode Island Senator Jack Reed[7]
Connecticut Senator Chris Dodd[8]

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: MrSpad

I guess Obama did not get the memo.
In 2008, his VP shortlist seemed to have consisted of all Democratic policitians:
source

Delaware Senator Joe Biden[6]
Indiana Senator Evan Bayh[6]
Virginia Governor Tim Kaine[7]
Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius[7]
New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson[6]
Rhode Island Senator Jack Reed[7]
Connecticut Senator Chris Dodd[8]

They do not have to be on your short list. They just have to be considered so you can leak it. Do you think all these rumors now will show up on Trumps or Clinton's short list? Obama used Sen. Chuck Hagel as his GOP and Gen. Wesley Clark as his military. As I said has nobody watched an election before?
edit on 13-7-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Again this is standard operating procedure. Candidates always vet somebody from the other party, to look like they are bi partisan, a military officer, to show they are pro military and somebody at the far right GOP and far left DNC to show they are taking those parts of the party seriously. And of course leak it. It is part of politics. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person here who has ever followed an election cycle before.

Dead on the money.

Total red herrings folks.The play has changed names and has different actors, but they are still using the same script.

My money is still on Hillary going for a Hispanic VP choice.

join