It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is wrong with people.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Killeonidas
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein
This site has changed it has gone the way of rense.com
In the bush years people railed against his brand of American enterprise.
Then when obama took power some saw him for what he was another neoliberal peddling the same old same old. Still anything was better than the Cheney doctrine. And while Obama was cleaning up messes and pandering to the right wing, out came from the woodwork all of the closet racist fascist that hated Obama for being black. They will use code words like "Muslim" and Kenya etc. But most don't have the stones to admit they hate having a black president. Even in the past a balance of opinions would create at least some form of debate even civil. But Now here we are in this election cycle and every other thread is demonizing immigrants, blacks, anti-PC pro-gun instead of pro-human life.
Newsflash: there is no such thing as reverse racism or racism on both sides. Dominant culture in this country has been white male patriarchy. The same forces that enslaved blacks inflicted genocide on the native American, exploits Mexicans, interned Japanese and only about 100 years ago gave women a chance to vote.
Oh the good old days when we used at least try to rise above the heated racial devision and fight TPTB.

Pretty much, as long as we're against each other TPTB will continue.

originally posted by: mazzroth
When do BLM get time to protest ? what with all their jobs or busy getting resume's done. I suggest that they have way too much down time to sit around and ramp each other up over issues a person who works 9-5 and struggles to put food on the table for their family ever has.

On the weekends and when they are not working, just the same as non BLM people going on vacation or going to do recreational activities. Seen the same said about Occupy protestors. Can't lump everyone into a non working crowd.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Naturally I disagree about Obama I was MILITARY so to me ,TRAITOR.
AS to me actually being a bigot I would have to be pretty selective as my ex is Korean,,,and she knew Ti Kwon Do from grade school……I my self am a bastard so racial heritage is non existent..but the country ,the flag and ONLY the REPUBLIC,are something I am DEADLY serious about.
Gays , Get married have fun and leave the churches that don't like you ALONE stop pushing, what ever they choose for their collective in religion is THEIR business,not yours or mine to question.A disproportionate push back will be MORE ugly than it already will be.fine Trans people who stay out of toilets with CHILDREN are fine with me .
A little decorum would save the left movement.
It seems TOTALLY beyond them to loose debates without personal slams.
HATING a black president …NOPE that is great having a muslim sympathizing clown trying to micromanage a war for generals ,should be executed..Johnson SCREWED up that way. Bush is an Oligarch possibly THE oligarch what did you expect?
As to guns well YOU loose .
AS tia reply to: Killeonidas

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls

No comparison they say, because apparently a farmer wanting to illegally allow his animals to graze on government land is much more of an important issue than institutionalized racism.

What is wrong with this world?

Actually, it wasn't "illegal." The ranchers were protesting the BLM snuffing their 100-year old "right" to graze that land, from back when, even before the state gave the land to the feds. Some of that land had been leased to those families on a perpetually renewing lease, since the time that barbed-wire fence was installed. The state gave the land to the federal government, with the provisio that it allow grazing.

BLM decreed that the previous century of land rights (and more importantly, access to water wells) means nothing if the BLM "changes it's mind", and there is no appeal process.

Anyway.

What are the demands of BLM?
-That no more black people ever get arrested?
-That cops never make a mistake that involves black people? What level is unnacceptable?
-That cops quit carrying guns?

What quantifiable demands do they bring? Because what doesn't get measured doesn't matter.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Black Lives Matter has shouted down people/politicians who have said, "All lives matter." What's up with that? I would think that the point of any "bridging the races together" alleged movement would be seeking exactly that... a world where we are all equal in our opportunities and in the eyes of the law.

Thank you for bringing up this point! After the Dallas shooting, I posted "all lives matter" and only later the next day did I read how that was inappropriate and insulting!!! And if you look at current headlines on MSM still tonight you will see headlines of people saying use of the words ALL LIVES MATTER is offensive!! Never in my life have I seen such a thing - when you care about all people and try to stand up for/with them...they say you are insulting them!? I can understand where BLM is coming from in their efforts to stand up for equality of blacks....but I believe that if everyone would stand together and say "all lives matter" and pass laws to uphold that belief...EVERYONE would be a little safer.

I hope I don't come off as rude here, but I have good friends who are black. One woman friend in particular....over the years I have stood up to people when they called her racist things behind her back. One day she was ranting to me on the phone about what African americans have gone through due to racism and meant to say something to the effect of "they owe me..." but in her rising emotion she said the word "You owe me" instead, and I said hey! wait a minute...what do I owe you?

Black people are NOT the only ones to be discriminated against. And no, I have never owned a slave. As far as I can go back, no one in my family did either...so I am not to blame. Please don't blame us all for the actions of others. And please stop separating people into color!! I am willing to stand up for any person regardless of color and it is really heart-breaking to be called racist.
edit on 13-7-2016 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Its because this site is right leaning for some unfathomable reason...

You would think a site about conspiracies, aliens, environmental danger, science etc. would be fairly liberal.

You would think a site centered around exposing the hidden agendas of the rich conservative pigs would be left.

You would think a site such as this would better represent the people...

But nah.. sonething is oddnwith this place.. for a conspiracy forum

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

It's because progressivism has morphed into an unholy monstrosity of irrationality, intolerance and idiocy that poisons everything it touches. It's because leftist ideology has become a vehicle for cultural Marxism, a system of belief based on victimhood where middle aged heterosexual "cisgender"(god I hate that word) white males are invariably painted as the source of all evil. An untenable position rife with inaccuracies, biases and double standards.

Third wave feminism, black lives matter and the whole social justice warrior movement of political correctness is nothing but a sustained assault on liberty, a movement filled to the brim with superficially educated useful idiots that now want to censor free speech. I don't think there's ever been a political movement this polarising. They have essentially killed Western civilisation.. it is now a rotting corpse. Its only worth to be used as fertiliser for a new world.

They have effectively divided us.. the lines have been drawn. These people are hopelessly brainwashed, they don't want to talk about facts, they don't want to talk about globalists and their network of think tanks, banks and corporations.. they're too busy talking about non existent microaggressions. They have started a culture war and it will have to be seen through.. to think that they would leave the victimhood fantasies they're so invested in now by the millions is a dream. This growing divide can hardly be reconciled. The situation will continue to deteriorate. In many ways the globalists have already won.

We'll see where this leads us..

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Its because this site is right leaning for some unfathomable reason... 

You would think a site about conspiracies, aliens, environmental danger, science etc. would be fairly liberal. 

I would say it stems from the fact that the right wants less control. Which, believe it or not, used to be considered liberal.

Classical liberalism is a political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law and emphasizes economic freedom.[1][2]

Modern liberalism wants more control.

You would think a site centered around exposing the hidden agendas of the rich conservative pigs would be left. 

What makes you come to that conclusion? The left, in general, thinks the government should be called in to take care of everything.

Why would a bunch of conspiracy theorists think that TPTB should be given more power?

You would think a site such as this would better represent the people... 

But nah.. sonething is oddnwith this place.. for a conspiracy forum

This site is definitely not a fair representation of the general population, but why do you think that is?

Btw if you think it's right wing now, you would've hated it a few years ago

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

No comparison they say, because apparently a farmer wanting to illegally allow his animals to graze on government land is much more of an important issue than institutionalized racism.

How can their be 'institutionalized' racism?

'Blacks' have been voting for one party since the days of MLK.

What BLM is clearly telling the entire country is THAT party has utterly FAILED them.

When them well armed white folks held cops at bay over land, they had an overwhelming support base on here.

Them white people didn't go around screaming RACIST did they ?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There is no institutionalized racism outside of the open support for BLM which is an organization who is on record calling for violence against white people, cops and supporting racial policies. The guys you're talking about weren't involved in anything like that.
edit on 13-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Your post is ridiculous. I don't recall the AZ farmers chanting about killing cops or tipping over cars and burning down businesses (businesses that sell them their groceries even). I don't recall the farmers shooting anyone, assaulting anyone, shutting down any election candidate events, etc. I could go on and on.

You can't possibly be so dumb as to not be able to tell the difference between the two, and I'm going to assume you're smarter than that, which means you're a troll, part of BLM, or an extreme lefty trying to vilify anyone on the right by comparing a localized non-violent event to a widespread, nationwide (international now) epidemic of racist black people thinking they can burn stuff, break stuff, kill people, and break the law because somehow they're above it, but by all means that same law-making government had better give them money and other stuff or else...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Double post. Oops.

edit on 13-7-2016 by stolencar18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Institutionalized racism.

Citation needed.

Sick of people throwing this term around nilly-willy.

Did you learn that from MSNBC or was it a retweet?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Actually this guy gives a good explanation that might be better well received. He goes through issue by issue debunking it all for you.

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

When them well armed white folks held cops at bay over land, they had an overwhelming support base on here. When black people bring up legit concerns about racism and police, they are vilified and ignored.

Same reason the NRA takes the same stance. The word "black".

If it talks like a racist, and walks like a racist...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

From what I gather this side of the pond BLM are aggresive and ignorant. Not trying to crap on someone's door step it's just what I notice.

From the same side of the pond as you, I wonder why so many Americans are in denial about how deeply messed up their society is.

I'm London born and bred. I've worked with some of the nastiest young people around. If one of them got shot by a policeman, the first thing the Met would do is suspend the copper - on full pay - and an independent investigation starts automatically. No matter how bang to rights, no matter how big a scumbag. It's due process. Human rights and the Magna Carta and all that.

Why doesn't it happen in the States?

If it happened to your kids, or your nephews, or your neighbours, and nobody did anything, you'd be mightly f*cked off too. But that's the problem. Like Northern Ireland in the 70s, it happens somewhere else to someone else, "an acceptable level of violence," as Ted Heath said.

Add the idea that second amendment doesn't apply to some people and you might as well bring back Jim Crow.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
There is no institutionalized racism outside of the open support for BLM which is an organization who is on record calling for violence against white people, cops and supporting racial policies. The guys you're talking about weren't involved in anything like that.

Which shows you have no idea what instutionalised racism is. The clue is in the word "institutionalised".

In one sentence: if any policy, public or corporate, has a disproportionate effect, intentional or unintentional, on one ethnic group, and no mechanism exists to review and address it, there is instutionalised racism.

So, the Huey P Newton Gun Club is institutionally racist. The Black Panthers are institutionally racist. A police department that kills a disproportionate number of unarmed black men is institionally racist.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

What's wrong with people? Where do you want me to start? How about the absolute lack of honor, integrity, honesty or ethics of any kind? If you want to know why the world is the way it is, you will have to look at what happened to these qualities in our society... and why they are so rarely seen in this day and age.

And then there's greed. I remember when greed, was in fact, not good. It runs rampant now. No apologies needed for it either.. it is the norm now.

I think another huge problem is an apathy towards learning. Never before in our history have a relative few been so intelligent, while an ever growing majority become stupider with every passing year. For the most part people can't be arsed to improve themselves, and the idea of actually reading a book would be foreign to most.

People suck. Mostly.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

I think another huge problem is an apathy towards learning. Never before in our history have a relative few been so intelligent, while an ever growing majority become stupider with every passing year.

I'm glad someone said it.

We have a stupidity problem in this country.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

From the same side of the pond as you, I wonder why so many Americans are in denial about how deeply messed up their society is.

I'm London born and bred. I've worked with some of the nastiest young people around. If one of them got shot by a policeman, the first thing the Met would do is suspend the copper - on full pay - and an independent investigation starts automatically. No matter how bang to rights, no matter how big a scumbag. It's due process. Human rights and the Magna Carta and all that.

Why doesn't it happen in the States?

=

That's exactly how it happens in the states. Every single time. The fact is, the independent review boards (frequently including the Federal Department of Justice) keep finding that the police acted in good faith, and believed they were firing in self defense.

The rioting and demonstrations are all about the fact that the review boards keep concluding that the young men who get killed by the police (black and white) are almost always assaulting the police when "--it gets real", in the parlance of our times.

edit on 14/7/2016 by redempsh because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join