It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck is wrong with people.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
After trying to ignore all these threads demonizing BLM and anyone who supports them, I have to say that it makes sick.

When them well armed white folks held cops at bay over land, they had an overwhelming support base on here. When black people bring up legit concerns about racism and police, they are vilified and ignored.

No comparison they say, because apparently a farmer wanting to illegally allow his animals to graze on government land is much more of an important issue than institutionalized racism.

What is wrong with this world?
edit on 12-7-2016 by shredderofsouls because: OOPS

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
After trying to ignore all these threads demonizing BLM and anyone who supports them, I have to say that it makes sick.

When them well armed white folks held cops at bay over land, they had an overwhelming support base on here. When black people bring up legit concerns about racism and police, they are vilified and ignored.

There is no comparison to your statement.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
May as well compare Bunkerville to Ferguson.

Perhaps there's a difference.

Like casualties and riots.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Because BLM is a domestic terrorist organization.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Maybe the problem is that you are on the wrong website.

This is a website dedicated to conspiracy theory and alt news.

Supporting the Bundy coocs for taking on the government and believing BLM is a front for something more sinister are the same side of the same coin.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

There is no comparison to your statement.

Second.

While I thought that "them well armed white folks" were misguided because they were essentially using public land for their own purposes, there was a specific dispute that they were trying to resolve (in a way that I disagreed with).

That being said.... Black Lives Matter is what exactly?

Black Lives Matter has shouted down people/politicians who have said, "All lives matter." What's up with that? I would think that the point of any "bridging the races together" alleged movement would be seeking exactly that... a world where we are all equal in our opportunities and in the eyes of the law.

Also, and I know that this is brought up SO OFTEN that many want to brush it off as nothing more than a cliché... but seriously... if the goal (or one of the goals) is the preservation of black lives... shouldn't they be having SOME SORT of protests in Chicago? It wouldn't have to take away from their time making their "assertions" that thousands of cops wake up each morning hoping to shoot a young black man. Does Black Lives Matter care about young black men or not?

link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

From what I gather this side of the pond BLM are aggresive and ignorant. Not trying to crap on someone's door step it's just what I notice.

Too eager to get violent, Martin Luther King would be turning in his grave...

link   
That's because hen a white person is mishandled by police it is their fault. That carries over to BLM it is always the perps fault. Speaking of BLM, the other BLM: BLM vs the Bundy's and the Oregon Standoff, means the police were only in the wrong when they shot LaVoy. Interesting huh?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

i see this post is very emotional.

but you need to analyze more than thread here on ATS to see why there is such a divide and more often now outright ignorant and racial bias.

be glad this place hopefully will not get to the point of reddit or yahoo or fox news comment sections.

this is the times we are in. pointing fingers will only exacerbate the situation. its better to not be emotionally attached and look at every pertinent and salient information available before making statements, otherwise its a circular argument.

ETA:

i already see you got some very typical responses, while i was trying to be more subtle. so this is more insight and should better answer your question
edit on 12-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

"What is wrong with this world?"

Answer-->People

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

exactly, they are hypocrites, they won`t go to chicago because it`s too dangerous they are rightly afraid that if they go to chicago they might become a victim of black on black crime.they know it`s much safer to protest in lower crime cities with lots of police around to protect them,and that`s why i don`t take BLM seriously.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I wish, instead of all of the self interest movements, for example, #blacklivesmatter or #bluelivesmatter, we could remember that we are all people, all mortal, and for many, struggling mightily. Life is hard.

How about #yourlifematters...to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

Black lives matter or the bureau of land management? Lol

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The world is completely different than this overly conservative site.
You're better off banging your head into a concrete block until you pass out.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Yes, lets ignore the racism spouted by BLM because only racism towards blacks is real.....WTF?

Did you even read your OP or do you simply think racism can only be projected by

them white folks
?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1

Because BLM is a domestic terrorist organization.

Who did the BLM kill?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The institutional racism BLM complains about is largely made up.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Police are in fact more hesitant to shoot black suspects. This goes against everything BLM stands for.

Their whole raison d'être have been invalidated.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
When do BLM get time to protest ? what with all their jobs or busy getting resume's done. I suggest that they have way too much down time to sit around and ramp each other up over issues a person who works 9-5 and struggles to put food on the table for their family ever has.

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein
This site has changed it has gone the way of rense.com
In the bush years people railed against his brand of American enterprise.
Then when obama took power some saw him for what he was another neoliberal peddling the same old same old. Still anything was better than the Cheney doctrine. And while Obama was cleaning up messes and pandering to the right wing, out came from the woodwork all of the closet racist fascist that hated Obama for being black. They will use code words like "Muslim" and Kenya etc. But most don't have the stones to admit they hate having a black president. Even in the past a balance of opinions would create at least some form of debate even civil. But Now here we are in this election cycle and every other thread is demonizing immigrants, blacks, anti-PC pro-gun instead of pro-human life.
Newsflash: there is no such thing as reverse racism or racism on both sides. Dominant culture in this country has been white male patriarchy. The same forces that enslaved blacks inflicted genocide on the native American, exploits Mexicans, interned Japanese and only about 100 years ago gave women a chance to vote.
Oh the good old days when we used at least try to rise above the heated racial devision and fight TPTB.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
As a vet I won't fight for a guys ranch and I couldn't care LESS about skin ,its the PERSON under it I need to know.
THAT is why I look into eyes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join