It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Speaks at Dallas Memorial....About Black Injustice by Police

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

So WHAT part of this.

With a long history of aggravated assault,domestic violence, and sex offender ? And a history of resisting arrest.

And this:

Been pulled over 50 times then one day the police decided to shoot him because he was 'black'.

Was confusing ?

Nice ad hom by the by.

The part where you suggest it's not okay to lose your "snip" over

"Been pulled over 50 times then one day the police decided to shoot him because he was 'black'."

Exactly where is the justification for this man being shot? Because he needed a new muffler? Because he needed to renew his license? I want to know which one of those was the one that made it ok for him to be shot.

OR, OR, just maybe, are you trying to further an agenda, that you're trying to dig up dirt on these people, even though they were murdered for offenses which do not carry the death penalty or even weren't offenses at all, to discredit an entire notion of police injustice towards minorities.
edit on 13-7-2016 by WhateverYouSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
He should have left the black lies matter crap out of it.

And when he said it's easier for a kid to buy a glock than a book I almost spit out my drink haha. Using these deaths to push an agenda as usual.
edit on 13-7-2016 by jasminnne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

So WHAT part of this.

With a long history of aggravated assault,domestic violence, and sex offender ? And a history of resisting arrest.

And this:

Been pulled over 50 times then one day the police decided to shoot him because he was 'black'.

Was confusing ?

Nice ad hom by the by.

"Been pulled over 50 times then one day the police decided to shoot him because he was 'black'."

Exactly where is the justification for this man being shot? Because he needed a new muffler? Because he needed to renew his license? I want to know which one of those was the one that made it ok for him to be shot.

OR, OR, just maybe, are you trying to further an agenda, that you're trying to dig up dirt on these people, even though they were murdered for offenses which do not carry the death penalty or even weren't offenses at all, to discredit an entire notion of police injustice towards minorities.

That might be one of the most ignorant things I've heard all year. And when I say ignorant, I'm not attempting to put you down. Far from it.

I mean the literal definition.

Proof.

1) There is no way you can possibly know as 100% fact that he shot him because he was black.

2) Yet you claim it.

IGNORANT.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

I saw this and my jaw dropped it's unbelievable. A President should be trying to unite the country. Instead he said everyone was racist police orhanizations and governments. I have always considered myself a Democrat I believe thr Govt has a responsibility to better thr lives of its citizens. Very unpopular view around here I know. But sometimes people need help and a caring society should offer that help.

But now I see the president at a memorial service for dead officers who were out there in thr first place to protect protestors and he actually said all police forces are racist. At this point I'm afraid I need a new party maybe the efforts of Bernie will pay off because in reality I don't think he likes thr democratic party either. As he said on his Web site thr movement isn't over he's going to create new organizations (hopefully a new party as well).

But back to Obama he is fermenting hate nit trying to calm thr amarican people and this was not the time or the place for politics. My heart goes out to the families of the officers killed. And I noticed something as I was looking in to this why didn't the press cover the motorcade for thr slain officers today I had a friend who said he joined it and it was amazing the number if cars involved. Where was this coverage I think the country needed to see the support the community showed for them.

Sorry for ranting and rambling I'm just beyond pissed off with the events as they transpired. Back to your regularly achedulled program.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
So pointing out racial bias is being divisive?

So...we're just supposed to ignore the elephant in the room and hope it goes away? Put out heads in the sand like we've been doing, pretend like there's no problem?

I'm white and even I can see there's a real problem. Failure to acknowledge it is a far bigger crime.

This is a memorial for 5 people that are dead. I think if someone goes to a memorial and says nice things about the person and then proceeds to talk about how some of his friends/family/coworkers were also criminals and right bastards .... most would view that as being in poor taste. This was not the time or place. He could have said some nice things and then a few days later he could have brought up the problems that most of us acknowledge exist.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

But now I see the president at a memorial service for dead officers who were out there in thr first place to protect protestors and he actually said all police forces are racist.

No, he did NOT say that. Not even close.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

But now I see the president at a memorial service for dead officers who were out there in thr first place to protect protestors and he actually said all police forces are racist.

I guess you missed this part.

But America, we know that bias remains. We know it, whether you are black, or white, or Hispanic, or Asian, or native American, or of Middle Eastern descent, we have all seen this bigotry in our own lives at some point. We’ve heard it at times in our own homes. If we’re honest, perhaps we’ve heard prejudice in our own heads and felt it in our own hearts. We know that. And while some suffer far more under racism’s burden, some feel to a far greater extent discrimination’s stain. Although most of us do our best to guard against it and teach our children better, none of us is entirely innocent. No institution is entirely immune, and that includes our police departments. We know this.

And this.

And so when African-Americans from all walks of life, from different communities across the country, voice a growing despair over what they perceive to be unequal treatment, when study after study shows that whites and people of color experience the criminal justice system differently. So that if you’re black, you’re more likely to be pulled over or searched or arrested; more likely to get longer sentences; more likely to get the death penalty for the same crime.

Or this.

So that maybe the police officer sees his own son in that teenager with a hoodie, who’s kind of goofing off but not dangerous.

The beginning of his speech was quite good but then he shifted focus. That part of his speech should have been given at a different time and place. I'm not saying the subject of racism should be ignored. There are problems that need to be addressed. They shouldn't have been addressed at a memorial.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

I strongly suggest listen again at first I was glad it was a good speech than well he started saying everyone is racist and we'll I guess we can't help it according to him.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Hi kaylaluv.
It appears you and I and a couple other people are living in an alternate reality and saw a different Obama speech than the others. I distinctly recall Obama praising the DPD..
In light of this alternate universe theory, I recommend we move our posts to a new forum more relevant to alternate realities. Over here in this one they like to make crap up.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Well...you're lying. Period.
I can't believe I'm defending Obama...But I am. I already said this once, but I'm a die hard righty Trump supporter, and even I think Obama was fair in his speech. I wish people like you would stfu and quit lying about this crap because (for once) he didn't call everyone racist. Why are you making crap up? Why??? Are you so desperate to hate on the guy that you need to tarnish a memorial service for heroes? There's SO much other crap he screws up and politicizes and other speeches to hate him for, and you pick one where he's actually decent? I'll repeat myself from another thread again - it's people like you that give the right a bad name.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

None of that is saying that everyone is a racist, and certainly not saying that ALL cops are racist - and FOR SURE, he never in any way said that the cops killed in Dallas were racist.

I see nothing wrong with him saying these things at a memorial for 5 people killed by someone with prejudicial thoughts towards white cops. Totally appropriate.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

So WHAT part of this.

And this:

Was confusing ?

Nice ad hom by the by.

That might be one of the most ignorant things I've heard all year. And when I say ignorant, I'm not attempting to put you down. Far from it.

I mean the literal definition.

Proof.

1) There is no way you can possibly know as 100% fact that he shot him because he was black.

2) Yet you claim it.

IGNORANT.

That's funny you call me ignorant when I made no such claim.

There are a large number of black men and white men who are unjustly killed by police. The black men outnumber the white men when adjusted for population.

The closest I came to saying something was racially motivated was when he was suggesting it's not ok to be angry because the guy had a bunch of speeding tickets when he was killed. What is the motivation for that? I want to hear.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

"When adjusted for population" means "when we adjust the numbers in a way that we like". There's 27 other ways you could adjust numbers to make things look a certain way. The FACT is more whites are killed by cops than blacks. Feel free to adjust that any way you like.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

Let's state a hypothetical to illustrate the point.

If there are 100 police killings, and black people are 15% of the population but 30% of the deaths then you are over 2x more likely to be killed as a black man. That's not magic with numbers, it's truth, per capita analysis is some pretty elementary school level stuff.

If you want me to acknowledge that white men have been unfairly represented in the media in regards to police killings I'll absolutely agree, the narrative has spun from 2x more likely (or whatever it happens to be), to all.

But all this is a digression from my point, that everyone seems to be unable to answer. What is the motivation of suggesting that it's wrong to be angry about an innocent man being killed by police because he had traffic infractions? I think I know the motivation, and it becomes clearer every time someone makes a post like yours that dodges the point.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join