It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Speaks at Dallas Memorial....About Black Injustice by Police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapriti
a reply to: ghostrager

His constant self-references are far more disturbing than the tin ear he has about what is appropriate to say in such a venue.

Nearly as disturbing was the dancing/movements of the previous U.S. President Bush and his strikingly inappropriate smiling. I suspect he was either extremely over-medicated or is suffering from some form of organic mental impairment.

Classic Gee Dubya. Whoever thought it was a good idea to put this guy in that setting is likely seriously regretting their decision.

Why was he even there? I thought he was from Kennebunkport, ME? Likely just celebrating death and destruction as per usual.

That said, it's moments like this that make me really miss the guy. He truly was a unique, entertaining POTUS. /Sarc

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: TheBulk

a reply to: neo96

I heard he was drinking or partying or whatever and no one could really figure out what Bush was up to. I'll have to watch it when I have the time.

Obama was making jokes. I heard it live on the radio.

It's so incredibly obvious that people are in denial about racism in America, and will do anything to ignore it and deny that it exists. No one wants to be a bad person, and everyone has to pick a side. So any time someone tries to have a frank, honest and open dialogue about race in America it turns into "RACE BAITER!" finger-pointing.

One thing you've never considered is that you're the racist and you're supporting the racists. Not even possible, right?

And maybe YOU'RE the racist for calling ME racist!

And we can go around in circles for days and days like this.

Weren't you the one wanting an honest discussion on race though?

Can't have that at this rate because we're all too busy calling racism at the drop of a hat, and yet in order to have an honest discussion on race ... well, we're going to have to talk about some hard truths without doing that aren't we? You want it, but it seems you can't handle it. If you could, you wouldn't be so quick to jump on others with the handle.

Or is that what you really want is to stand on your platform of perceived moral superiority and lecture everyone else on how racist they are as YOU see it? That's generally what a so-called honest conversation on race boils down to - I talk about how awful you've been and you shut up, listen and 100% agree with me or else you must be even more racist than I thought you were ...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"race" was first publicized to be a scientific construct -wrongly- by this piece right here: evidence in in the full title

aaronkim.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
New rule of thumb. Don't let politicians speak at memorials. It's not about agendas, it's about laying a person to rest.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I guess I didn't hear the same Obama speech y'all did. The speech I heard spoke of the sacrifice police make every day, the risks they take. He spoke of how the Dallas PD was supportive and accommodating of the peaceful BLM protest. He spoke tenderly of each of the 5 slain police officers, their individual stories of how and why they became police officers, their families - children, the women they loved/married/brought home to meet mom and dad. He spoke of how one of the officers shielded a woman and her 12-year old son from the shooter.

I heard nothing but kind and supportive words for the Dallas PD and the slain police officers in Dallas. I never heard him say that those police officers were racists, or that they deserved what they got.

Here is the whole speech for those interested in full disclosure. I thought it was a beautiful speech.

edit on 13-7-2016 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

That's fine.

We need to be talking about cultural behaviors.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
ve omnibus aromatibus gloria erant

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
source: hildegaard von bingen

relevant because the president honors the presence of clergy before that of other public servants

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm told official lyrics as per wikipedia are now

"Nam in te floruit
pulcher flos qui odorem dedit
omnibus aromatibus que arida erant."

Although I tend to trust the good singers who live in places that keep latin manuscripts

Both versions are fine I suppose

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Okay, now you're stretching it a bit. I'm a die hard conservative, and I disagree with Obama on virtually everything, but he was very minimal in his references to black injustice. I thought his speech was quite respectful and well spoken, and I hate the guy (check my post history for proof of me being an evil righty if you don't believe me). He complimented the Dallas police for being leaders in solving the police brutality problem, and spoke quite a bit about how the vast majority of police were great people and a few bad apples need to be addressed. I even heard him comment that people need to stop judging all police on the actions of few (he said it better than that).

Yes, he'll go on later about what you've said and even worse, but I was watching the Dallas memorial specifically to see if he'd use it as a gun control speech or what you said, and he didn't. I thought what he said this time was fair.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

He had the making of a good speech then tailed off into the cops are bad..

He did?
Or are you lying?

Oh yes. You're lying. He praised the DPD extensively, and applauded them, and went on to say how the vast majority of police nationwide are the same.

Guys like you give the right a bad name. Don't lie.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

Memorials are not necessarily somber events, and many are actually celebrations of life, or intended to be a positive look back (and forward). Bush, like him or not, led everyone in holding hands and showing unity. Others around the room and stage are smiling.

And if you want to accuse him of ruining a somber event, lets be fair..
- the DPD chief opened with some jokes and laughter about how he used to pick up girls by memorizing song lyrics.
- Obama opened with a joke about the DPD chief and Michelle Obama
- the black woman who sang the first song (didn't catch her name) wasn't exactly weeping at the stage
- several cops sitting behind the politicians are seen smiling, laughing, etc
- Michelle and Bush are seen whispering to each other and smiling back and forth several times, with Michelle even putting her hands on Bush's hands warmly.
- the entire audience laughed at several jokes throughout.

So...be fair in your statements. It's people like you who only tell one side of any story that really make politics muddy. I'm a conservative Trump supporter, and even I believe Obama was fair in this event, Bush gave a serious, heartfelt speech, and Michelle looked warm and caring.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Kaylaluv, I heard what you heard.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stolencar18

I agree with you Stolencar18. On the heels of the week that jts passed, the President of the United States cut short an international trip to be there. Like the guy or not, he did the right thing.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Didn't you just love the fact that Obama brought up a career criminal.

With a long history of aggravated assault,domestic violence, and sex offender ?

And a history of resisting arrest.

heavy.com... ting-blane-salamoni-howie-lake-shot-charges-video-youtube-facebook-watch/

And the OTHER guy ?

Been pulled over 50 times then one day the police decided to shoot him because he was 'black'.

heavy.com... ghts-minnesota-police-shooting-facebook-live-video-watch-lavish-reynolds-diamond/

This is what people are losing their collective SNIP over.

And so here you come, with a link to a bunch of offenses like speeding tickets, needing insurance or a renewed license, or needing a muffler (many of which were dismissed) and think that because of that his life is somehow less worthy.

You're a real winner.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

originally posted by: neo96 Didn't you just love the fact that Obama brought up a career criminal. With a long history of aggravated assault,domestic violence, and sex offender ? And a history of resisting arrest.

... who just happens to be dynastic like the previous pair and the let's re count florida feller

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

So WHAT part of this.

With a long history of aggravated assault,domestic violence, and sex offender ? And a history of resisting arrest.

And this:

Been pulled over 50 times then one day the police decided to shoot him because he was 'black'.

Was confusing ?

Nice ad hom by the by.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
stealing mail is why we made email: to turn thieves into minor pricks and read our own correspondence anyway

& c. because

quality of content is diminishing and it's not just me

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
but some police departments make it a point to steal paper mail too and say that they have veto over internet

which they don't constitutionally

they'll steal anything

civil forfeiture of life happens too

often to blacks but also at birdwatching rallies if the feds have a ghost drone camera or some such

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
What a disgusting excuse of a human being

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join