It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Speaks at Dallas Memorial....About Black Injustice by Police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

GW's speech was 1000 times better than Obamas.

Been so long I forgot what a president looks like that wasn't a race baiter.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Bush II is a good ole boy m8

he's dancing off the adrenalin, there's fottage of him doing this in office

i'd spare a blunt for that guy

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

WTF I didn't see that. He had to be hammered. I think the lizards underneath the human costumes just don't get somber.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Way better speech. The cop on the right looked slightly less likely to strangle someone.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Understood this too late but it was good

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I heard he was drinking or partying or whatever and no one could really figure out what Bush was up to. I'll have to watch it when I have the time.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
So pointing out racial bias is being divisive?

So...we're just supposed to ignore the elephant in the room and hope it goes away? Put out heads in the sand like we've been doing, pretend like there's no problem?

I'm white and even I can see there's a real problem. Failure to acknowledge it is a far bigger crime.

Look, if he wants to do that, he should do it from another venue.

Do you go to Uncle Larry's funeral and give a eulogy about how he was an awful womanizing drunk? Everyone may know it, but that is not the time or place to talk about it, especially not if Aunt Matilda really loved him and is feeling crappy enough already.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Look, if he wants to do that, he should do it from another venue.

Venue is perfect

publicity about plans is too underplayed because they've all read sun tzu

but what do I know, I take my art of war from genesis 12 and go "I bless who blesses you and curse who curses you" personally

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

"We flood communities w/ so many guns, that it's easier for a teen to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer."

That's a LIE.

Have to be over 18 in most states, and most states it's already that's ILLEGAL.

Obama at Dallas memorial: It’s easier for teenagers to buy a Glock than a book

And the Dallas shooter didn't use a glock now did they.

Ya know the REASON for the DALLAS speech.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

That's a LIE.

neo is latin for noob yes?

because the man is a professional politician, couldn't shoot a squirrel to save his monsanto check

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It's so incredibly obvious that people are in denial about racism in America, and will do anything to ignore it and deny that it exists. No one wants to be a bad person, and everyone has to pick a side. So any time someone tries to have a frank, honest and open dialogue about race in America it turns into "RACE BAITER!" finger-pointing.

It's immature, ignorant, and almost racist in and of itself. By denying that something doesn't exist you simply allow it to continue to grow. By denying its existence it makes it easier to use and live with.

If we hadn't swept race relations under rug after the civil rights movements of the 1960's, we wouldn't be where we are now, having these problems. But no...America went back to sleep and pretended like we fixed everything after Martin Luther King Jr. did his thing. That should have been the beginning, not the end of the civil rights movement.

Race-baiting is deliberately using false statements about race to influence the actions of a particular group of people. That's the texbook definition of the world.

The term is now bastarized by radical right-wing blogs and talking heads, and its become a rallying cry for the anti-Obama team. Hell, I'd be surprised if 50% of the people slinging the term around understand the true definition and understand how the phrase is supposed to be applied in proper context.

It's a buzz word to slam people like Obama when there's nothing else available and the uncomfortable discussion of race comes up. It ought to be a code word for "heads in the sand!"

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

President Obama referred to himself 45 times over the course of the speech he delivered Tuesday at the memorial service for the five police

Obama Mentions Himself 45 Times During Memorial Speech For Dallas Officers

Clearly someone has an over inflated sense of self worth.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
"Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions...This has strained our bonds of understanding and common purpose " - president Bush, 12July2016.

- I wished he spoke with this much vigor and intelligence and poignancy when he was our leader.

but man, what a speech by that old man.

- Obama needs to fade into obscurity for a few months, hes is just keeping alive, a spark which [most of] the nation wants extinguished. let people capable deal with race relations. never have i seen a caused 'not helped' so much until his speech.
edit on 12-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Meanwhile, BET (Black Entertainment Television...don't ask why I'm watching it) is constantly showing PSA ads called ......... #DontKill.

Like, really???? The law of THOU SHALL NOT KILL, isn't clear enough, let alone the fact that murder IS illegal????? PSA announcements to dissuade murder????? WTF?!?!?? And...only on BET....from what I can tell.

Heyzuse Christo!

Then they drone on with gangster rap....uhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Bitchez n bling, bitchez n bling, cars I dont own, bitchez n bling.

I no longer want to live on this planet anymore.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

There is no "elephant in the room".

You must have missed the new Harvard study that proves "the epidemic of racist cops murdering black people" is a complete myth.

Even a black tenured Harvard Professor who began this study with confrimation bias admits he was wrong about his assumptions and surprised by his findings.

A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police

But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.

It is the most surprising result of my career,” said Roland G. Fryer Jr., the author of the study and a professor of economics at Harvard. The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 12-7-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

If we hadn't swept race relations under rug after the civil rights movements of the 1960's, we wouldn't be where we are now, having these problems.

Ever notice how it was called civil rights movement instead of black CRM and at that time the gunmen who shot white rebels weren't called BLM..
And then like now like when they had to build the police stations they put the "blacks" on the front line.

They say Obama is half African one generation removed
if so, he's only half concerned about all this "race" talk

if you want to call it race (which makes one a bona fide racist) remember how people differ in more important ways than colour, like height, abilities, affluence, leadership, & c.

Because your concept of it is just sadly in conflict with science

link   

So pointing out racial bias is being divisive?

So...we're just supposed to ignore the elephant in the room and hope it goes away? Put out heads in the sand like we've been doing, pretend like there's no problem?

The elephant in the room is the glaring statistics that folks like you and your media pretend don't exist.

I'm white and even I can see there's a real problem. Failure to acknowledge it is a far bigger crime.

What does this even mean? You're white so it's ok to label people racist because of their skin color? We're all supposed to buy in to your paranoid delusion because "white people"?

link   

Should we talk about how racist you are at your funeral instead of remembering the good things about you?

I mean, you want an open and honest conversation about race ...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I heard he was drinking or partying or whatever and no one could really figure out what Bush was up to. I'll have to watch it when I have the time.

Obama was making jokes. I heard it live on the radio.

It's so incredibly obvious that people are in denial about racism in America, and will do anything to ignore it and deny that it exists. No one wants to be a bad person, and everyone has to pick a side. So any time someone tries to have a frank, honest and open dialogue about race in America it turns into "RACE BAITER!" finger-pointing.

One thing you've never considered is that you're the racist and you're supporting the racists. Not even possible, right?

edit on 12-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How about MJ's funeralµ?

oops, terrorist bomb blew him to bits

oops bush doesn't want to go all JFK and says corpse is his family

terrorists still blew apart a US veteran, again

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join