It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Speaks at Dallas Memorial....About Black Injustice by Police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ah, POTUS, you never cease to amaze me with your blatant agenda.

Here Obama is speaking at the Dallas Memorial for the 5 slain police officers and he turns it into a SJW speech for black treatment by police.

He has divided this country by race and he knows it. At least he didn't pull out the "That could be my son" bit.

And really, I'm a bit surprised he even showed up. I'm sure he wouldn't have if he couldn't turn the deaths of the policemen into a political agenda.

Ghost
edit on 12-7-2016 by ghostrager because: Title correction

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Yes oui קן

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Tactless and in incredibly poor taste. I don't care if you love BLM this was disgusting.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Once he is out of the presidency he will be offered the honorary chairman place in BLM.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The officer to the far right looks entirely unimpressed, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I disagree.

I listened to the entire speech and heard a fair and sincere call for improvement on all sides. I am no great fan of this administration, but I think it is about damn time we stop fighting with ourselves.

There are faults and failures on all sides. We must stop tearing at each other's throats for stupid reasons - black, white, brown, tan, yellow, tall, short, bald, hairy, male, female, whatever gender identity, how and with whom adults have sex, conservative, liberal, tree hugging hunters, pistol packing peacekeepers, Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Muslim, those who worship bunny rabbits ---- AMERICAN!

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

C'mon brothers and sisters, get over it and pull together, the world has enough conflict. Don't you think there are other hostile nations that look at what we are doing and revel in it!?
If we find common purpose, there is hope for our country.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I know it. Could you imagine having the guts to get up in front of the family members and police force who just lost these officers and give a speech that demonizes police.

I'm sure every officer there was asking themselves "Of all people, why the hell are we letting THIS guy talk?"

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Didn't you just love the fact that Obama brought up a career criminal.

With a long history of aggravated assault,domestic violence, and sex offender ?

And a history of resisting arrest.

heavy.com... ting-blane-salamoni-howie-lake-shot-charges-video-youtube-facebook-watch/

And the OTHER guy ?

Been pulled over 50 times then one day the police decided to shoot him because he was 'black'.

heavy.com... ghts-minnesota-police-shooting-facebook-live-video-watch-lavish-reynolds-diamond/

This is what people are losing their collective SNIP over.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaYote

Or, you are someone mourning your lost loved one whom you knew to be a fair person without a racist bone in his body and you just got to watch the President get up and his memorial and lecture about how he got what he deserved because cops are racist and treat blacks badly.

Maybe, just maybe, that was not the time or place for that particular speech or any speech about the rift between law enforcement and the black community?

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

He had the making of a good speech then tailed off into the cops are bad... standing in front of a group of officers who were not being investigated for wrong doing but had 5 of their number murdered ....

I am embarrassed to say he is the president of the united states... he had me up until that point I was nodding with him...

Wow... just stunned...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

a fair person without a racist bone in his body and you just got to watch the President get up and his memorial and lecture about how he got what he deserved because cops are racist and treat blacks badly.

not what the man said apparently

also, probability people who control crowds for a living and have murderers' thieves' & liars' backs to be dirtbags is about not nothing, especially these days apparently.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So pointing out racial bias is being divisive?

So...we're just supposed to ignore the elephant in the room and hope it goes away? Put out heads in the sand like we've been doing, pretend like there's no problem?

I'm white and even I can see there's a real problem. Failure to acknowledge it is a far bigger crime.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

This is what is irritating me the most. Half the time the people BLM rallies around are clearly sacks of crap. The one guy had an enormous and troubling rap sheet and was carrying a gun illegally while fighting with cops. Why were the cops there? Because someone called them about a guy brandishing a firearm.

I think jury is still out on the other dude, but I certainly won't be surprised to hear he was in fact the guy that robbed the store. There's a video of him getting high with his fiancee with a little kid in the back and driving. My bet is that he was too stoned when he got pulled over and pulled that gun instead of his wallet.

I'm fine with taking about police reform. I'm not OK with blaming whitey when a black guy targets white police officers at their freaking memorial service. This should have been about them, not about how we should all feel guilty.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
i saw a magazine today where they suggest MJ to be a copycat of CJD, which he's not.

The latter documentedly did his homework on the corpses histories.

The former may have.

My point is that they also shared impatience or disbelief in the very real possibility that some day the CiC will do something about them hogs, raping our churches & burning our women.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Now is the time to speak up, I did not hear anything that sounded like Whitey got what he deserved.

President Bush chose to be there as well,and he also calls for unity.

We can choose a better path. Policemen and women need better support to do their jobs. Communities need to wake up and police themselves.

Now is the time.

Before the rift gets wider, before our city streets fall to riots. I am exhausted by this constant call to chaos and destruction.

Peace.

edit on 12-7-2016 by SeaYote because: fine tune comment

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

At a memorial service where a guy killed the people because they were cops/white? Yes, it's incredibly divisive.

That would be like me going to a memorial for a black person and telling black people to clean up their neighborhoods.

Time and a place for conversations like this.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

There's nothing wrong with him talking about these issues....if it was at ANY place other than the memorial service of the worst attack on police in over a decade.

I can't think of a more inappropriate time or place for him to push his agenda. IMO, Failure to respect a memorial service is the far bigger crime.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

More tactlessness and poor taste, in my view.

George Bush made a farce out of the memorial service. No one told him it was a somber occasion. Am I too off topic??

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

He has divided this country by race and he knows it. At least he didn't pull out the "That could be my son" bit.

not actually, the only ones that believe that are more upset with a black president and at a loss that a woman is about to run the country.
republicans.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Obama was chewing gum.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join