It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Heavens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Judaism, Christianity and Islam all advocate the idea of "Seven Heavens" that are one on top of the other. There are also 7 layers of atmosphere, one on top of the other:
1. Troposphere
2. Stratosphere
3. Mesosphere
4. Thermosphere
5. Exosphere
6. Ionosphere
7. Magnetosphere

I found numerous sites on the net throught searching that have also brought this up. What if when mentioning "Heaven", this is what was meant? Thoughts? Comments?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
Judaism, Christianity and Islam all advocate the idea of "Seven Heavens" that are one on top of the other.

I think buddhism is meant to have seven heavens as well. I do not believe in them and I'm not even sure which buddhism has this but I just thought it was relevent as it has a different relgious origin. I wonder if there is a underlying connection?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I believe it is the Book of Enoch that tells the story of being taken up through the different layers of heaven.

It is great reading. One of the levels holds the fallen angels in chains.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
There are also seven main spiritual energy centers or "chakras" in the body. A number of mystical groups believe that there are seven levels of consciousness. Additionally, on the SolistMysticism.com site there are seven Dominant Aura Colors outside of a Godhead which represent degrees of spiritual development or lack thereof.

Like the number three, which many interpret as the three facets of being --Mind, Body and Spirit -- the number seven is a universal number that is used in many ways.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There are 3 heavens :First heaven;Where birds,planes,and UFOs fly .Second heaven;Home of the sun,stars,and moons. Third heaven;Home of GOD

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
IF the 3rd heaven is beyond the sun, stars and moon and is the home of God could that be Niburu?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The Apocryphal book of Enoch describes a total of Thirteen Heavens, while we are told at some point in the New Testament that the Apostle Paul was taken up to the Third Heaven and returned to Earth by God.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Some people believe there are seven beings created in the image of God. They think there are only 7 intelligent speicies in the entire universe.

So lets see on earth we have

@ The human beings
@ The elephant
@ The Dolphin
@ The parrot (has intelligence of a two year old human child)

So that must leave three other ET speicies LOL
In the whole big wide seven heavened universe...I don't think so

I wounder if it could mean other planets as a possiblity?
I think with Einstines string theory, there are 11 parallel universes so that rules out the seven thing!

I don't know the answer

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I read a book called Science in Quran, it analyses scientific references in Qur'an regarding creation of universe, earth, life on earth etc, etc.
Among other things the Seven Heavens thing is adressed.
In one of the verses in Qur'an, God says that he created seven universes and an equal number of earths in them. The closest layer of heaven was filled with stars. (Verses 41:12 and 65:12). That suggests that "heavens" are not layers of atmosphere but something else, possibly parallel universes with "earths", planets with life, in them. (Verse 23:17)

The book also states that the arabic word for "seven" can also mean many, an undetermined number. Something like the english word "dozen".

The relevant Qur'an quotes are listed bellow.
I often use the translation of Dr. Rashad Khalifa, because it is the newest, modern one. I also quoted other translations for comparison, they pretty much say the same thing.

Khalifa translation :
(41:12) Thus, He completed the seven universes in two days, and set up the laws for every universe. And we adorned the lowest universe with lamps, and placed guards around it. Such is the design of the Almighty, the Omniscient.

Other translations of the same verse :
PICKTHAL: Then He ordained them seven heavens in two Days and inspired in each heaven its mandate; and We decked the nether heaven with lamps, and rendered it inviolable. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Knower.

SHAKIR: So He ordained them seven heavens in two periods, and revealed in every heaven its affair; and We adorned the lower heaven with brilliant stars and (made it) to guard; that is the decree of the Mighty, the Knowing.

Khalifa translation :
(65:12) GOD created seven universes and the same number of earths. The commands flow among them. This is to let you know that GOD is Omnipotent, and that GOD is fully aware of all things.

Other translations of the same verse :
YUSUFALI: Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His Command: that ye may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah comprehends, all things in (His) Knowledge.

PICKTHAL: Allah it is who hath created seven heavens, and of the earth the like thereof. The commandment cometh down among them slowly, that ye may know that Allah is Able to do all things, and that Allah surroundeth all things in knowledge.

SHAKIR: Allah is He Who created seven heavens, and of the earth the like of them; the decree continues to descend among them, that you may know that Allah has power over all things and that Allah indeed encompasses all things in (His) knowledge.

Khalifa Translation :
(23:17) We created above you seven universes in layers, and we are never unaware of a single creature in them.

Other translations :
YUSUFALI: And We have made, above you, seven tracts; and We are never unmindful of (our) Creation.
PICKTHAL: And We have created above you seven paths, and We are never unmindful of creation.
SHAKIR: And certainly We made above you seven heavens; and never are We heedless of creation.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Just confirming that the bible says three heavens.

The idea of seven heavens originates in the pagan Babylon sungod/moongod cults.

www.crystalinks.com...

the ziggurat was built as a bridge between heaven and earth. The Sumerian temple was a cosmic axis, a vertical bond between heaven and Earth and the Earth and the underworld and a horizontal bond between the lands. It is built on seven levels, it represents seven heavens and planes of existence,...

and

answers.com also confirms that and puts dates on it

ziggurat (zĭg'ʊrăt) , form of temple common to the Sumerians, Babylonians and Assyrians. The earliest examples date from the end of the 3d millenium B.C.,

here is the google search.
www.google.com... abylon+%22seven+heavens%22&btnG=Search

I dont know of any source the predates 3000 BC concerning 7 heavens.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The Superstring theory talks about 3 spacial dimensions ....plus 6 more plus time.
I mean really thats 3+7. I dont know much about string theory so a little enlightenment will be appreciated.
These other 6+ spacial dimensions( atleast 10 total) are wrapped up and curled up in space. The equations require at least 10 total dimentions to explain the nature of particles, maybe unify forces etc. As far as travelling to these dimension go...we probably cant comprehend that unless we have like a supercool otherdimensional guide.
Could the idea of heaven mystically connect to these dimensions?

posted on May, 29 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_s_i_s

Could the idea of heaven mystically connect to these dimensions?

You mean like.... change the words but leave the meaning and you have the same subject? Just under a different heading. (science - religion - madman)

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cherish
IF the 3rd heaven is beyond the sun, stars and moon and is the home of God could that be Niburu?
ROFL!!! Good one, Cherish!

top topics

join