It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refugees.. Syria.. Afghanistan..Exodus..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just been watching a 3 day BBC production the last one is tomorrow, it is called Exodus it follows refugees fleeing from Syria and Afghanistan and is well worth watching if you can on BBC iplayer ? I will link episode 1 below.

www.bbc.co.uk...

It is such a heart wrenching fly on the wall story .. What a sad situation some peoples find themselves in and we would struggle in the same ways if it was us.
A youtube snippet is below hopefully in time the three episodes will be available in full for all to watch..

edit on 12 7 2016 by skywatcher44 because: ?

Episode 2 Snippet Just posted ..

edit on 12 7 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added You Tube

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

It is such a heart wrenching fly on the wall story ..

can't help but feel for these guys

"some are evil"

yep, and others aren't

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

It would be nice to figure out who the "good guys" BEFORE they get into non-islamic countries.

Yup, easy to pick up on mostly young males in the groups we hear so much about. I didn't see any of them going out of their way to help anyone at all, especially those with children.

I get SO mad at myself for having basically two mindsets. One, totally in favor of helping them out. Two, forget It...is it REALLY smart to put even ONE American life in jeopardy for people who hate you? I'm told that not ALL hate us...so, good, great, tell me how we distinguish between the two BEFORE they're on our soil, like the couple in California, Florida et al. Really great people, huh? Love us to DEATH....

Just let them in and hope for the best? If we could see them speaking out AGAINST the bad ones, turning them in instead of turning a blind eye to them or even shielding them from the law, then I KNOW I would have no problems. But, of course, there's the problem of the lies they're told to spin because that's ACCEPTABLE!

And then there's the huge burden they place on our welfare system, and the blatant favoritism shown where they fly past STOP and keep on going! That is such a slap in the face to our own people who've been waiting and waiting their turn. Seriously, is that "fair" or "right" in ANY sense? I don't see where it would hurt for them to wait THEIR TURN, just like everyone else, because they're going to face that somewhere along the line and maybe take issue with the road not ALWAYS being paved in their favor.

I truly feel sorry for the kids though, and wouldn't even mind takeing one in if possible and knew how to arrange for that. I have all the time needed to devote to one (retired), or possibly more. I enjoyed raising my kids up and teaching them about this world I love so very much, and in so doing I can also look back to mistakes I made, accept them, pick the ball up from there and run like crazy with it! What fun I would have!

edit on 12-7-2016 by Rubicon3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

So some migrants need a job because they're restless?

I hear something about roosting something and Iraq

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

As messy and dump-like the places they live in over there seem to be, you'd think it would do everybody good to have those chomping at the bit (chompers AND chompees!) to have something to do that would actually improve the situation. Anything to make the soul searing wait not quite so awful and keep the interaction between "them-n-us" (all the different factions, nationalities, etc) not be quite so mind numbing. I realize there's not much to work with, but I'd think ANYTHING would be an improvement over NOTHING!

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin

edit on Jul 13th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join