It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA shuts down ISS feed as 'mysterious UFO enters Earth's atmosphere

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

China’s first space station could be in freefall and hurtling back towards earth
You know that all satellites are in freefall, right?

The potential for large-scale disaster is unlikely with the space station likely to meet the same fate as formerly lost satellites – burning up on its way back to Earth before crashing down as smaller molten metal pieces rather than a large destructive piece.
This part is correct.
edit on 7/13/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
Don't know if this is what is headed our way but i did hear a Chineese Space Station is falling towards earth!

Is that the station with no shielding around it's nuclear core? I bet the Chinese saved just enough fuel for a couple of nozzle burns, to make it re-enter right over the United States.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No Phage I didn't. So I corrected my sentence structure to say " the station is out of control hurtling back towards Earth.....

Now how can you say this will not have an impact on us? In other words can you be 100% sure this object will not land in a heavy populated area? If so how do you know?

Thanks

Pax

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

In other words can you be 100% sure this object will not land in a heavy populated area?
Nope. But there a hell of a lot more unpopulated area than there is otherwise. And, I can't be sure a large rock won't fall on me in the next 3 hours either.

When in worry
Or in doubt,
Run in circles,
Scream and shout.
edit on 7/13/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

What makes NASA an alphabet agency?

The spelling?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

When in worry Or in doubt, Run in circles, Scream and shout.

clothed or naked?

Does the shouting have to be understandable language or can it be

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
Even 'hoax guys' get real information too. Then we just dismiss it as "its just the hoax guy". Annoying as it is, because I hate giving those people views. I can't confirm a UFO, but it does appear the feed was down. That's all I got looking into it.

It was visible on multiple orbits, and the feed did not go down on those orbits. Maybe there was some orbit where the feed did go down, but I'm not going to search through every orbit of July 9th to find it. Suffice it to say, if he actually looked through the HDEV videos on July 9th he would have known that they weren't trying to hide it by cutting the feed; it appeared predictably on each orbit just after orbital sunset. It would have been trivially easy to hide it by cutting the feed each time, but they didn't.

It's Venus, that's all it is.
h.dropcanvas.com...
Venus set to the right of the sun along the horizon just over a minute after sunset on July 9th as seen from the orbit of ISS (I loaded the real orbital elements of ISS from July 9th into Orbiter). That's the same location and timing of the "object" setting in Streetcap's video when you look at the original source:
www.ustream.tv...
It's visible at about 23 minutes in and then one orbit later at about 1 hour 55 minutes in, just after sunset each time.

Streetcap1 makes money and gets tons of media attention by deliberately posting hoax videos and misleading information like this. Whether he's capable of identifying the object or not, he clearly pays close enough attention to the HDEV feed that a reasonable person would have realized no one was "cutting the feed to hide this object" since it appears predictably on each orbit.
edit on 13-7-2016 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Given Clark McClelland claims there has been an alien in the shuttle cargo bay, there should be better shots available if they hang out around the our space craft.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: UnBreakable
If we assume this object is not a hoax, why is it that NASA frequently cuts the feed once they get something that seems unusual? Even if it was a falling satellite, what's the harm is showing it?

Why do you assume that Venus had anything to do with the loss of the video signal? There were many orbits where it was visible and there was no "cut" or video signal loss. I just posted two such orbits where Venus was visible and set that day and there was no cut. HDEV video signal loss is extremely common, it happens generally multiple times a day. If there was a cut on another orbit that day and it was deliberate to hide this "object" (which is Venus), then whey didn't they do that for that period of each orbit? The same thing is visible in an extremely predictable fashion about every hour and a half just after each orbital sunset.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the link to NASA tv!
It was up when I checked, but it looks like recoreded tv until 10am then it starts live again...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Would it make me feel any better if it fell on me as small pieces of molten metal or large destructive pieces?
edit on 13-7-2016 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Junkheap

but then you would become a grim reaper. that is what happened to ellen muth's character georgia lass on the show, "dead like me". she was hit by a flaming toilet seat from the MIR space station.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And, I can't be sure a large rock won't fall on me in the next 3 hours either.

Masswise, there's a a humongously lots and lots more stuff falling on our heads from airplanes and from meteorites than from satellites, in every size category. The only serious local small-area hazard from satellites is dangerous substances, such as hydrazine in that US spysat, or nuclear materials in a whole flock of Russian satellites falling down [and a few US ones too]. There's no indications there's anything toxic on the Chinese lab, which is predicted to reenter in about a year. Yeah, 'late 2017'. Sorry your freak-out was a false alarm.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

I'm not too worried about anything falling directly on my head but what is the likelihood of us being able to see the show?
I'm not sure of the size of the thing but will it frazzle and pop all quietly up there out of sight or will it be a bit of a spectacle?

Rookie question but it would be interesting to me.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

I'm not too worried about anything falling directly on my head but what is the likelihood of us being able to see the show?
I'm not sure of the size of the thing but will it frazzle and pop all quietly up there out of sight or will it be a bit of a spectacle?

Rookie question but it would be interesting to me.

Cheers.

Not a rookie question at all -- amateur observers around the world go on alert in the final hours of a big satellite's demise in hopes of experiencing exactly what you describe.

And famously through the decades, really spectacular fireball swarms from disintegrating spacecraft have triggered some of the most famous 'UFO mother ship" sightings on record: www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Thanks.
I saw a thread where you included that as an explanation.
I also saw a UFO documentary which had a clip of the exact same effect and spotted it straight away.
I just cannot, for the life of me, remember which documentary it was. I like to put little note in mind about identified falling objects mistaken for ayleeons.
Anyway, I'll dust off the old deck chair and keep my eyes on the news.
Cheers again.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

Here's a video summary:

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I used to watch nasa tv and saw some interesting lights but they never cut the feed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join