It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW! Larry Elder Deals a Death Blow to BLM

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is amazing and I agree with everything he talks about. This guy is skilled in debate I swear he's on a debate forum somewhere honing in his skills.

He says the biggest problem in the black community is black men not fathering their children. He also says that black people have it easier getting into college because of affirmative action. He says because of that they actually have an easier pathway into the middle class.

He says the problem is the media is indoctrinating the youth and telling them they are victims and it's beaten into their head by the liberal media. Wow. I almost feel like this should be in the mud pit but there's just to much info in the short interview.

Here's some info on Larry Elder..

Wiki Larry Elder

Larry Elder was born in Los Angeles and grew up in the city's Pico-Union and South Central areas, Elder attended Washington Preparatory High School and later graduated from Crenshaw High School and earned his B.A.. in political science in 1974 from Brown University. He then earned his J.D. from University of Michigan Law School in 1977.[9] After graduation, he worked with a law firm in Cleveland, Ohio, where he practiced litigation. In 1980, he founded Laurence A. Elder and Associates, recruiting attorneys.

An intelligent, successful man who makes no excuses for himself and worked hard to change his life.

Much respect for this man and I agree with everything he says.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If what he says is true, does it mean he got some sort of a free ride into Brown and U of M law school and that his path to the middle class was handed to him?

+39 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
saw him a while back.

its too bad honest and pragmatic and logical speakers are not the ones whom are are the forefront of race relations.
instead we have morons activists who are more pre-occupied with updating their facebook status and generating re-tweets, or inciting riots and violence.

+38 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I have no idea and I know for certain you didn't listen to his interview.

I am 100% positive there was no affirmative action when he want to law school.

He did it on his own.

+24 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
If what he says is true, does it mean he got some sort of a free ride into Brown and U of M law school and that his path to the middle class was handed to him?

in 74 and 77?

no. you cant make that comparison to 2016.

no ad homs...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Question. If 75% of the murders in Chicago go unsolved, then how does he know that 70% of the murders are black on black?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I have no idea and I know for certain you didn't listen to his interview.

I am 100% positive there was no affirmative action when he want to law school.

He did it on his own.

I saw the video previously, along with 215,000 other people. I would not call this 'dealing a death blow'.

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Can you individually point out something you disagree with??

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Question. If 75% of the murders in Chicago go unsolved, then how does he know that 70% of the murders are black on black?

Good question.

Could it be location specific??

I don't know.

+49 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Why do you always attempt to hijack threads and immediately try to steer them off topic?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
He cites a study...

www.washingtontimes.com...

I think this was the most pertinent part.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: Bone75

Good question.

Could it be location specific??

I don't know.

Also, if that 70% figure is based on solved cases, then I wonder just how high the black on black murder rate really is?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

It would obviously be based on cases where the suspect is known. I see no other interpretation.

Also, if that 70% figure is based on solved cases, then I wonder just how high the black on black murder rate really is?

It would probably be about the same, give or take 3%.. I base this on the science of statistics and the variability of polls. If the sample group is big enough it should reflect the wider population with a difference of a few percent at most.
edit on 12-7-2016 by TheLaughingGod because: Added another reply.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Thomas Sowell brings up that when you institute social justice policies that are intended to lift some up, they always do so at the expense of others and it cannot be helped. He also argues that an unintended side effect of such policies is that they will also lift up those who do not need to be lifted and potentially at the expense of those who would otherwise fulfill all the criteria you ascribe to the group you are lifting except the express one being selected for.

In other words, in today's world the kid who complained about the racist incident at Mizzou and went on his hunger strike who came from a family worth multiple millions of dollars in wealth can claim special status because of ethnicity alone and might claim benefits intended to lift up poor blacks that he certainly doesn't need. The policy helping him in this case aids him at the expense both of poor blacks who missed out and at the expense of equally poor whites who are usually viewed as somehow privileged over a kid whose family has millions in wealth and therefore couldn't even be considered for those resources in the first place.

He further mentions that while it is sometimes necessary to institute a few of those programs, they almost always are of limited use and and limited value and should always be evaluated in all facets of their effect very, very carefully before you put them into motion to be sure that the cure isn't worse than the disease.
edit on 12-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

2013 FBI Murder Statistics

Apparently murderers are racist and prefer to kill within their own race.

edit on 05731America/ChicagoTue, 12 Jul 2016 19:05:39 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

WOW! Larry Elder Deals a Death Blow to BLM

where exactly is the death blow?
does it mean white cops can shoot minorities again with impunity?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Nice get, onequestion.

I'm going to go look for this guy's radio show

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
How does removing welfare stop black fathers from abandoning their kids????

The Fathers aren't taking off because of welfare. They take off because they don't want to be responsible for a kid. Getting rid of welfare won't change that.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mrgone
Nice get, onequestion.

I'm going to go look for this guy's radio show

I am now a fan.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Why do you always attempt to hijack threads and immediately try to steer them off topic?

I assume you are just being nice not to get your post removed. Let's just say certain fishing tackle stores seem to run out of fishing line when certain individuals visit their establishment.

Larry Elder is on point. Of all the people I had to hire, fire, work with the blacks that worked hard and put in an effort got rewarded just like the Russians, Vietnamese, Mexicans, whites and every other race. The rest quit or got fired. Every employer I worked for treated blacks the same as everyone else. The black people had every opportunity everyone else did. I guess it is just to easy to make $300 a day peddling drugs than getting paid at a regular job. I don't know. One of my friends/co-worker is black, he worked hard and moved up the ladder just as quick as everyone else.
edit on 12-7-2016 by Orionx2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join