It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Black Panther Party says to carry arms in Cleveland if legal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Krakatoa
a reply to: neo96

I am not "trolling" you or anyone. Merely in an interactive discussion here. Your statement that a group of people that have different political and social views should have their 2nd amendment rights stripped without due process, while conversely having a tagline about rebellion against tyranny is a duty seems very hypocritical.

Doesn't it?

WHERE did I say that ?

QUOTE it.

Isn't it here?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Doesn't that statement indicate that you are against a "racist" organization having a different perception form you, and therefore, should be prevented from exercising their rights? But then, I could have misunderstood. If so apologies are due from me.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Holy SNIP.

This is WHAT was said.

And someone turned it in to THIS.

a reply to: neo96 I am not "trolling" you or anyone. Merely in an interactive discussion here. Your statement that a group of people that have different political and social views should have their 2nd amendment rights stripped without due process, while conversely having a tagline about rebellion against tyranny is a duty seems very hypocritical. Doesn't it?

I don't think I have ever seen a more gross misrepresentation of a post.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Holy SNIP.

This is WHAT was said.

And someone turned it in to THIS.

a reply to: neo96 I am not "trolling" you or anyone. Merely in an interactive discussion here. Your statement that a group of people that have different political and social views should have their 2nd amendment rights stripped without due process, while conversely having a tagline about rebellion against tyranny is a duty seems very hypocritical. Doesn't it?

I don't think I have ever seen a more gross misrepresentation of a post.

So, I was wrong and misunderstood you. It happens, Sorry.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

You don't have to wonder:

Oh really?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Now kiss.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Now kiss.

You first.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

edit on 12-7-2016 by Liquesence because: nvmnd ot

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I guess the "big deal" is lost upon me... If they are carrying legal, who cares? Clearly the 2A crowd here doesn't care, so who does, and WHY?

I'm sure the hand wringers will cite the potential for incitement, but deep down, that really isn't it...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
If they aren't actively threatening to shoot anyone let them carry arms.

What is the point of open carry protesting? It makes absolutely no sense at all. Yeah we have a second amendment, like we all don't know that, we don't need some jackass walking down the street with a rifle to remind us of that.

we will exercise our second amendment rights because there are other groups threatening to be there that are threatening to do harm to us,"

Sounds like there getting ready for a fight to me. People need to grow the hell up.
edit on 13-7-2016 by BLee8127 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BLee8127

What is the point of open carry protesting? It makes absolutely no sense at all. Yeah we have a second amendment, like we all don't know that, we don't need some jackass walking down the street with a rifle to remind us of that.

Open carry is a legal practice in the majority of states in the country.

They have the right to be armed and to openly display those arms.

No one is going to start shooting just because the Black Panthers showed up with guns.

At the Dallas rally there were several black men with AR15s(some of them remarkably nice rifles)and not a single one of them got involved in the gun fight, which was a good call on their part.

Let's not sit around and pretend the Panthers are any worse than some of the armed "militias" out there with David Duke as their idol of worship. None of these people are there to start crap. They are there to make a statement and to do so armed. I don't agree with their politics nor do I support the racist crap they spew, but every American has a right to arms as well as carry those arms.

I HATE the outrage over this kind of stuff because it just tells me that people who are otherwise not bothered by open carry seem to be put off by the black man doing it for his own reasons.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock
Where is that in the 2nd? You are making up stuff to suit your bias, me thinks.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

You mean "wav'in dem guns around" don't you. They need to go home. Their statement of being there in numbers armed is provocative and an extension of their desire for race war.

You spout stuff like this and still cannot see why folks think your are terminally bigoted? Oh my....

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

My riches aren't for this world.. My Father does art in Heaven so this is just "gravy"...

namaste

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Well then have some gravy too. See you there.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
I've wondered about this scenario for a while now.
Americans are ok with Joshua carrying an AR-15
at the local mall in in Boise Idaho but will that
same trust transfer to to a mall in Chicago or Houston
when carried by a minority ?

It shouldn't be a problem but it will.
Especially if we allow fictitious
Joshua to be a member of a
heritage group or militia.

Thanks for that. Its only too obvious.

White man with a gun, hey wassup? Black man with a gun, call out the guard!

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

This is the culture I'm trying to change.

I want black people, women, gays and transgendered folks, and anyone else at risk in this nation to exercise their right to arms.

I want a black man with a gun to be seen as normal as it is to see a white man with a gun.

There is bias.

But this isn't the fault of the second amendment. It's the fault of 140 years of racist policies and stereotypes that resulted in a black man being treated differently than a white man with a gun.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Thats nice.

I may agree with you, but good luck.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Oh really?

Hi. Did you notice the difference between the two?

A whole lot of guys open carrying vs one guy open carrying?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
They have every right to have their firearms

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

This is the culture I'm trying to change.

I want black people, women, gays and transgendered folks, and anyone else at risk in this nation to exercise their right to arms.

I want a black man with a gun to be seen as normal as it is to see a white man with a gun.

There is bias.

But this isn't the fault of the second amendment. It's the fault of 140 years of racist policies and stereotypes that resulted in a black man being treated differently than a white man with a gun.

^^ This.

Some of us realize, and others just can't see the larger issue, or especially, the historicity of why. Until the problem is truly recognized, there will not be a just solution. The problem will perpetuate, especially with people who fail to realize the complexities of their own biases, because a lot of those biases are unconsciously rooted and projected onto others.

edit on 13-7-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join