It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept Can’t Find Evidence Hillary Was Trained To Handle Classified Documents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
People at high levels never get training. They might have a briefing among a hundred other briefings but, no training. They do not even have clearances in traditional sense as in they have background investigation etc. The position just comes with access to almost anything. And they never sign for anything, some documents need to be signed by anybody who sees them while others only when the take possession of them. When I took over my job just after the Gulf War I had to hunt down Top Secret SCI type documents that were missing and nobody had signed for them. Found them all over in places they should not have been, we are talking top leadership at State, Defenses, Joint Chiefs, CIA, NSA. Some were just in an aids desk, some were in a random safe not cleared for them, some were in people's homes in privates safes and some were in the trunk of car belonging to somebody, everybody here would know, who had retired and was writing a book at the time. if you people think Clinton was doing something unusual I can guarantee you that you could search the homes of the top people in the government of any administration you will find all kinds of classified stuff that should not be there. Someday I am writing a book.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Yes, please start a new thread on this topic.
This needs some research!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
People at high levels never get training. They might have a briefing among a hundred other briefings but, no training.

Hmmm...That seems to contradict the link in the OP:

In the Freedom of Information lawsuit brought by The Daily Caller News Foundation, the department to date has failed to deliver any documents showing that Clinton ever enrolled and passed mandatory State Department courses that instructed officials in the proper handling of classified material.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Training eh?

I'm supposed to believe this woman is smart enough to solve all of America's problems at the same time possessing the common sense of a tow hitch?

Greatest salesman to ever live, by a country mile.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
as Secretary of State I think it`s kind of HER responsibility to make sure that she received training in how to handle classified material,apparently she never even took the initiative to apply for that training. I think also it was HER responsibility to make sure that all her employees received the same training.

edit on 12-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I found it!

Special Edition 2017 President Hillary Clinton Presidential Daily Briefing and Intelligence Security Manual! ~

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So they are essentially saying that they allowed someone to hold one of the highest positions in the most powerful government on the planet without knowing how to handle sensitive information of which handling of sensitive information would be part of their DAILY job?

Well in a court of law as Shillary well knows, ignorance of the law is NOT a defense.

This is just preposterous!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

People at high levels never get training

Maybe because their degrees were bought rather than earned. I've stood on the roof of a car with a pole saw but I knew what I was doing because I was taught. You can't buy experience.

edit on 12-7-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It sounds like she either felt she was "above" the training and intentionally refused it, or neglected to do what was required, or perhaps tried and failed. None of which is surprising.

I would think that someone who is qualified to be appointed as Secretary of State should already have enough experience to be fluently educated in subjects such as national security, including proper handling of secure information.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Shes got to know the nature of a document or information by now. Any reasonable person wouldn't vote for her based on this flap alone......because she is just plain ol stupid or a gd lier engaged in a sort of espionage.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: MrSpad
People at high levels never get training. They might have a briefing among a hundred other briefings but, no training.

Hmmm...That seems to contradict the link in the OP:

In the Freedom of Information lawsuit brought by The Daily Caller News Foundation, the department to date has failed to deliver any documents showing that Clinton ever enrolled and passed mandatory State Department courses that instructed officials in the proper handling of classified material.

Yeah if think the SecDef, or SecState, Director CIA, or NSA are doing mandatory training your fooling yourself. An aide might fill out the paper or maybe not it depends on how well the SSO wants to maintain it paper work. Nobody is doing any training. That is just the way it has always been.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Those people who have achieved years of experience to achieve those positions are certainly already experts. They are the ones who often set the requirements on training, and could train others.

The situation is entirely different with Hillary. There were people under her at the State Department who obviously knew more than she knows.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
from the article:

Similarly, there was no evidence Huma Abedin, her deputy chief of staff, had taken and passed any security training during her four years at the Department of State.

All State Department officials normally receive annual reviews and certification as part of their training for the proper handling of all levels of classified materials, including top secret information.

Ultra Efficient the SD is.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hillary sure seemed to understand the proper handling of classified and confidential information when she made remarks to the press about the release of the Wikileaks documents. Link

Some highlights:

“The United States strongly condemns the illegal disclosure of classified information. It puts people’s lives in danger, threatens our national security, and undermines our efforts to work with other countries to solve shared problems.”

“I will not comment on or confirm what are alleged to be stolen State Department cables. But I can say that the United States deeply regrets the disclosure of any information that was intended to be confidential, including private discussions between counterparts or our diplomats’ personal assessments and observations.”

“I have directed that specific actions be taken at the State Department, in addition to new security safeguards at the Department of Defense and elsewhere to protect State Department information so that this kind of breach cannot and does not ever happen again.”

“People of good faith understand the need for sensitive diplomatic communications, both to protect the national interest and the global common interest. Every country, including the United States, must be able to have candid conversations about the people and nations with whom they deal. And every country, including the United States, must be able to have honest, private dialogue with other countries about issues of common concern. I know that diplomats around the world share this view – but this is not unique to diplomacy. In almost every profession – whether it’s law or journalism, finance or medicine or academia or running a small business – people rely on confidential communications to do their jobs. We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it. And so despite some of the rhetoric we’ve heard these past few days, confidential communications do not run counter to the public interest. They are fundamental to our ability to serve the public interest.”

I think she is just playing dumb. Of course she knows how to handled classified information.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I wasn't trained on the complex tax code so I can't pay taxes.

Problem solved.

Purchasing power restored.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Those people who have achieved years of experience to achieve those positions are certainly already experts. They are the ones who often set the requirements on training, and could train others.

The situation is entirely different with Hillary. There were people under her at the State Department who obviously knew more than she knows.

That's true of any bureaucracy, the mid level people are the key people who keep everything running. Those on the bottom don't know anything, and those at the top aren't usually overly competent.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Hillary sure seemed to understand the proper handling of classified and confidential information when she made remarks to the press about the release of the Wikileaks documents. Link

Some highlights:

“I have directed that specific actions be taken at the State Department, in addition to new security safeguards at the Department of Defense and elsewhere to protect State Department information so that this kind of breach cannot and does not ever happen again.”

Read the one above carefully. When commenting on the Wikileaks scandal, she said she directed specific action to be taken by the State Department and Department of Defense and elsewhere to safeguard State Department information and she was using a private email server -- that was KEPT SECRET -- to handle classified information.

If that doesn't show intent and her understanding of the handling of classified information...I don't know what does.

edit on 12-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I'd buy a copy...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Mandatory for lower level people maybe...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Link?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join