It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beast in Nevada?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

It looks like the Beast (RQ-170 Wraith), but is it? It was recorded in Nevada.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

testing and or training would be my main thoughts, couldn't tell if it was armed but i'd imagine it still has human override and those poor humans need some stick time to make sure when needed they don't f---- up more than the computer.

Sure Zaph will know more even down to the names of the snakes on the ground etc and thus i know i'm probably totally wrong and doth bow down to his knowledge

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Great post! Whatever it is, it surely is a 'beast'!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's an RQ-170 coming back to Creech. The 30th RS, which is part of the 432nd Wing, has operated them since 2005. They're based out of TTR, but operate out of Creech as well. Probably working an exercise overnight, and got caught coming home later than he was supposed to for some reason.

Could have been coming home from overseas too.
edit on 7/12/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

We're going by Creech twice next week. We'll stop to knock on the door to see it anyone's home.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
It's an RQ-170 coming back to Creech. The 30th RS, which is part of the 432nd Wing, has operated them since 2005. They're based out of TTR, but operate out of Creech as well. Probably working an exercise overnight, and got caught coming home later than he was supposed to for some reason.

Could have been coming home from overseas too.

Im sure its classified but any public info on the endurance of this platform? Can they IFR?

Overseas, would imagine pretty slow and not huge internal fuel but perhaps it can just tootle along using its shape for lift rather than more thrust? Still overseas from contintal US for this little thing is pretty impressive don't you think?

I thought only Global Hawks could do that kind of thing (and the B's).

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

I think they might C-5 them into region like the Reapers and Preditors. I don't think the -170's have IFR (officially anyway), I could be wrong though.
edit on 13-7-2016 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I would guess that because there is no pilot they would never fly by VFR. Lmao

I am willing to be corrected but essentially they follow Gps points with manned back up for tricky stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Depends on where they were going and why. Usually they'll be carried, but there are a few instances where it isn't available, or it's a relatively short deployment, etc. That engine is incredibly efficient and it has better numbers than people think.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
With a service ceiling of 50,000 feet (supposedly) and with a low signature it would be easy just to punch in a couple of waypoints and just press "Go" with nary a worry about being seen.

new topics

top topics

join