It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How old is the earth?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Going by fossil evidence, at least half a billion years old, but that's multi cellular life but the planet is much older than that.

Our planet was created by gravity and it's best friend physics some 4.3 billion years ago, it didn't just blink into existence like something you would see in I dream of Jeannie, it took hundreds of millions of years for it to become a lump of molten rock let alone the time it took for life to evolve to something that produces silly supernatural sitcoms.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Here's that book, upload almost there......
Dead Men's Secrets
Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You can believe whatever you want to believe
There is a simple lack of evidence that has everyone confused

My guess would just cause an argument from fundamentalists

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Do you mean how old is the Earth in perceived time, or how old is the simulation we think of as Earth which is running on GleebSÑaro╡'s PlayStation XLIV ?

Perceived time, probably, as my old 7th-grade science book says, around 4.5 Billion Years old.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sounds reasonable......a reply to: Snarl

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
You can believe whatever you want to believe
There is a simple lack of evidence that has everyone confused

My guess would just cause an argument from fundamentalists

I am confused by your comment, do you mean evidence for, or against?

Despite everyone beating up Von Daniken as being just a hotel owner & book hustler, he has some very valid points, he got me interested in OOPARTS when i was 12-14 or so. I saw the logic in it, and the realisation that 'respected' scientists would throw out the idea without even considering it, how inconsiderate of them
Archaeologists like that Egyptian guy, who always gets nervous when Hancock shows up, should be right to be afraid for their jobs; they are ignoring the facts and refusing to see the obvious.
Sad, very sad that such ego's should be given positions of power over others, because the 'establishment' considers them 'experts'.*.......

ETA: * The same goes for David Icke.....
edit on 12-7-2016 by playswithmachines because: clarity

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The world is as old as the culture i am visiting..

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The Earth is so old, that if it were a person, it would probably smell really bad and use a cane.

And watch Matlock.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Every time i play a videogame and watch a movie, i believe the world is 4,5 bya.. As soon as a go home and lock the door, ill say;" I have no f#¤ idea"

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Spoken like a true millennial

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: playswithmachines

Ill ask you this instead, do you know for sure the earth is 4,5bya or do you believe the earth is 4,5 bya?

I know for a fact, that i dont know..

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I read someone said the moon is older than the earth, how?
Some evidence makes people think it's older, some younger, it's subjective

Ooparts are valid, there are many and varied, does that prove old or not, some people deny everything that is not main stream science, the new main stream media for the trendy

Science is more subjective now more than ever, it's a conspiracy I tell you

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

When you buzz through the cosmos on a wave of divine knowledge you become one with the cosmos and the truth becomes one with you..
It aint that hard to tell b#s¤ when you understand the principles, but i love any story that goes with it..

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Its quite impressive that when someone ask you to show why you believe the earth is 4,5 bya.. The common answer is;" well science says so " I asked "you" to show me why "you" believe the world is 4,5 bya.. Not what you read, or someone told you..

If i ask someone who is a devoted christian;" how old is the earth? " He will say "Well between 6kya to 10kya"
And if i ask him;" Why do you believe th earth is between 6kya - 10kya ? " The most common answer is cause the Bible said so..

The point is, if you can fill an imagination with stories as dogma.. It will hopefully make you a better person, if the story fails on that remark.. Then it failed its purpose in the first place..

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Science is more subjective now more than ever, it's a conspiracy I tell you

YES! Damn the scientists!

Now, let's all go play on our 4k gaming computers while I eat foods that survive pests due to agricultural advancements after taking our medication derived from the study of biology as we continue to reject science! woooooo

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Give me a few minutes, I left the answer in my poop bucket which is in my tent that I forgot in my van which is parked in a bunker.

link   
a reply to: Ghost147

And dont forget your pokemon!!

link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Are you saying that eating ham and cheese hotpockets whilst on my 15th hour of killing Capital Wasteland raiders is bad for my health ??

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Are you saying that eating ham and cheese hotpockets whilst on my 15th hour of killing Capital Wasteland raiders is bad for my health ??

Live healthy, die anyway.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Live healthy, die anyway.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive in an attractive and well preserved body... but rather to skid in sideways… whisky in one hand and cigar in the other… body thoroughly used up… totally worn out… and screaming : “ WOOHOO what a ride !! ”

Words to live by.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join