It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How old is the earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
How old is the earth and how old is the human race. And please don't quote what u read in a grade 7 science text book. What's the real answer?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
How old is the earth and how old is the human race. And please don't quote what u read in a grade 7 science text book. What's the real answer?

The earth was created 237.48 snarks ago.

But the lame stream media and public "education" system will never admit to the truth.
edit on 12-7-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

How accurate do you want people to be?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Depends

34% of the earth is from space parts slamming into earth

67% of the Earth is 475,678,634,334 years old

78% of percentages are made up on the spot....

link   

The answer is clearly whatever number that matches your belief, so tell us!

link   
I'm 40, so I can confirm that it is at least 40 years old.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
According to a book that I wrote that I use as my religious text, the earth is about 600 years old.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Some will tell you that Earth (and humans) are 6,000 yrs old.

Mainstream science will say we (humans) have been here for around 200,000 years. I think we've been here for much longer (based on certain archaeologic finds), but could easily be wrong.

Mainstream science says Earth is 4 and a half billion years old. I have absolutely no clue.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Are we supposed to rely on memory, or our "feeling" about how old the earth is? Because my memories about past schooling are getting fuzzier by the day........

Human race in caveman or humanoid form, a million or two years?
No idea, but we've been around a long time....

The earth, 5 billion or so years?
Universe? Somewhere between 14 and 36 billion years, give or take a few million.....

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The Earth fell off the turnip truck yesterday. And we were born last night.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Even the Urantia Book puts the formation of Earth's nucleus at around 4.5 billion. The least I could do is dig into my bag of tricks and offer you an alternative to what mainstream science tells us.

Origin of Monmatia — The Urantia Solar System

edit on 12-7-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

And please don't quote what u read in a grade 7 science text book.What's the real answer?

Go on then , what is the real answer.
4.5 billion years is what the books say.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Earth: 4.54 billion years ago
Anatomically modern Homo sapiens: 200,000 to 100,000 years ago

This isn't simply based off of "Grade 7 science books", but you can actually confirm this yourself through the evidence we have. Of course, these numbers are subject to change minutely due to an ever increasing level of accuracy of scientific equipment, experiments and further observations.

These numbers are also cross confirmed using a number of methods and a number of evidence that all points to these dates.

Of course, there is no exact day that anatomically modern homo sapiens came to be what we are, or a specific moment in time when the earth had fully formed. These phenomena are fluid both in their existence as well as in their formation. They form gradually through a number of processes, and exist in a constant state of change. This, again is all cross-confirmed through a plethora of evidence, observations (both subjective and objective), as well as from many different experiments and tools, conducted by many thousands of different people who all reach the same conclusions.

Once again, you could very well do your own experiments and come to your own conclusions. That's the great thing about science. Anyone can do it. Not just a select few.
edit on 12/7/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

That's the great thing about science. Anyone can do it. Not just a select few.

I'm not so sure about that...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
That Urantia book is cool ain't it... Be cool if it was true. Kind'a reminds me of the Book of Mormon and their gods.

My guess is that you will get many answers and very likely no two the same.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If you use the measure of transport of various minerals from the land to the oceans via rivers, you get wildly differing guesses, some very long, some very short. If you are a uniformitarian, you rest in comfort with your very old dating, but if you are a catastrophist like me, you scratch your head and wonder. If you're a Christian like me, you can make some guesses from adding years in Genesis, but the Earth looks older than six or seven thousand years. And then there are ancient king lists indicating many thousands of years for civilization. There are just no bronze plaques to commemorate the event, with the date thereof.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Seen this type of thread 1000 times or more, but here goes;
The Earth is (it would seem) 4.5 billion years old.
The moon is (apparently) much older, but that could be due to the 'great bombardment' we read about in the memo's.

I definitely recommend reading "Dead men's secrets" by Johnathan Grey, it shows compelling evidence for such things as a nuclear war being fought 30,000 years ago Hence the 'great bombardment' of the moon, which is & always was a great tactical base if you have disagreements with those down below.
Hence China's interest, although they are a bit late, it's like the Klondike up there right now, LOL

Anyway, the age of Terra is kind of unimportant, how old is Homo Sapiens?
That dear freinds, is the real question........
edit on 12-7-2016 by playswithmachines because: Typo's

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The components of the Earth are as old as the rest of the universe. Duh You can't get something from nothing.

I find it hilarious that 'science' would say anything different.

4.6B years my monkey frikkin' butt. LOL

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The Earth is 4.5 billion years old, but it only looks 3 billion years old. It does Pilates.

Humans are 200,000 years old. And some days, when it rains, I feel every damned year.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join