It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: Sheep-herding Americans to the Left

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I've never been able to wrap my brain around Donald Trump as a political player. It's never made sense to me that he was a viable candidate, ever. He's a hyperbole-spewing fraud. A bombastic blow-hard. A caricature. That's not to say that he doesn't have some refreshing qualities that might appeal to the working class base, as silly as that sounds, they like his schtick. He comes off as the obnoxious but likable drunk uncle that everyone enjoys for a limited time at Holidays.

I used to assign all sorts of theories to his candidacy but, really, it's not just up to him but also the Establishment. And I don't just mean the GOP establishment but the actual Establishment, Globalists. So, why would the power players allow a Trump candidacy? He's too divisive to help the GOP garner more demographics, which they desperately need to be a viable political party going forward. He's also ginning up resentment against the elite power structures like Wall St., governmental bureaucrats and entrenched politicos, the MSM and the Plutocracy. He's alienating foreign allies with threats of immigration and trade reform. So, what's the benefit of a Donald Trump candidacy to the puppet masters if he is threatening all of their established honeypots?

The answer occurred to me today while watching Bernie endorse Hillary. The reason for Donald is to drive the conventional wisdom in the U.S. toward the Left, just like Bernie did in his own way.

Hillary is so wholly unlikable and her trust numbers so low, she would never get elected running against a reasonable candidate from the Right. But put Trump on TV 24/7 saying the most ridiculous and regressive things and moderates and independents alike will run to her. Hell, some conservatives will run to her as well. Same thing with all of Bernie's supporters. They HATE her but they hate Trump's racism, bigotry and sexism even more.

And, after 8 contentious years of an Obama Administration, many Americans have "Change" fatigue. Even if they voted for him, many think the amount of change is too much, too soon. Americans traditionally don't vote in a de facto third term for the party holding the White House, so many were looking to get off the change train and go Right to slow things down.

But that's not where Globalists want us. They want us to stay Left and, therefore, Donald Trump. Because the prospect of a Trump Presidency is so abhorrent and appalling, many would rather vote for someone they hate than deal with the political, social and economic fallout that The Donald would bring. Because the Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't know. Trump has been presented to us by the Global Elite as the Right-handed Boogeyman we all need to fear so we can turn Left in good conscience, despite our legitimate reservations about Hillary or too much Change.

A Trump candidacy really does simply boil down to the old mainstay - that the Dems and the GOP are just two sides of the same coin. The factions are merely used to incrementally push the country in the direction that the Globalists want. Somehow I forgot that bit of cold, harsh reality in a political season of surreal sound bites and magical thinking.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

Sometimes voting for the less 'left wing' candidate is the best option we have. I don't know too many people that like Trump, but the alternative is Hilary.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I was saying from the very beginning that Trump was only running as a spoiler.

Like Ross Perot did way back when....

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Trump started his campaign as a joke or a bet, then it blew up, but his ego is too big for him to admit the original reason for it so he is trying to take it seriously now.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You're 110% correct Metallicus! It boils down to taking a chance on the Devil you don't know, rather than locking yourself in to the Devil you know all too well.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Donald Trump is a deal maker. That's what he knows.

As far as trade and immigration are concerned you can't negotiate those things with other nations without being willing to walk away from the deal altogether.

Compromise isn't always a good thing. There's a reason that word has a double meaning. A synonym to cooperation as well as a synonym for vulnerability.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Got a source for this WILD claim?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bennyzilla

Got a source for this WILD claim?

Former super-PAC strategist: Trump didn't want to be president

That source is from The Hill too, so don't try to tell me it is some Liberal rag.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I hope everyone understands neither one will have an impact on their life. There are still two other branches of government they have to contend with and like all Presidential candidates, almost nothing they promise ever materializes!

The wall though is already mandated by Congress so I don't understand the reasoning why it can't be built. It's already approved!!!!! Just need a President to follow through instead of a President who says they won't enforce laws on the books or things already approved by Congress. I don't think people understand that over 500 miles of wall / fence is already built. You can go to the border and look at it. It's a real thing. Not some fantasy.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Trump started his campaign as a joke or a bet, then it blew up, but his ego is too big for him to admit the original reason for it so he is trying to take it seriously now.

I agree with you...

Its crazy to see him this far along..

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

Sorry to disagree with your 'realization', BUT.

Just what has the 'right' rhetoric gotten us? How about 'free trade'? There's a fundamental right belief....which has done more damage to this nation than ANY enemy ever has.

As far as 'to the left' goes, one could word it that way or....recognize that when this nation was at it's best it was centrist.

Neither extreme right or extreme left. Owing neither end of the political spectrum ANYTHING...yet cherry picking the appropriate solution in a pragmatic fashion...hopefully.

The right has given us as many jerks as the left has. (I assume you were on Cruz's staff?).....

edit on 12-7-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Ask and you shall receive.

To be fair though, I think it's equally possible that this was some bitter woman who's Super Pac got closed down. I sure think being "fired" would rev up my feelings of 'He's only in it for him"

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla
I will admit that it is a bit of "he said, she said" so take it for what you will. It isn't definitive, but I feel it is a much better explanation for his candidacy considering his rhetoric and actions as opposed to the Democrat plant conspiracy theory.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is by issue with the Clintons (before the server and CF)

1995 they suspended the GI Bill to balance the budget. Guess who tried to use that GI Bill they earned; ME, along with a lot of other Veterans. I was told come back next fiscal year. So, I serve my time for 4 years, put money into the GI Bill (had to pay in $1200 back then) and when I go to use it I get hoodwinked.

Then to slap me in the face, she tried to get the USMC to make her an honorary Marines with a 2 week boot camp. Thank God the USMC told her hell no. It was in the Marine Corps paper at the time. USMC told her we don't do that, only one way to become a Marine. In summary, she they took my GI Bill I earned, then she tried to cheapen the Marine title I earned. Screw both of them.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Agreed, I'll believe he's just a joke out of control before I think he's some Democratic Super Spy.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

I don't think he's a Democratic Super Spy. I think he probably takes himself somewhat seriously, though, like someone mentioned above, he likely got more than even he bargained for. No, I think that Globalist interests saw that he could be used as a tool to finally turn the page on some issues European nations have mostly put to bed. Guns, trade, immigration, LGBT.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

No, I consider myself to be a stubborn, practical moderate. I agree, the center is what works best. Bush was too far Right, Obama is too far Left.

My point here is that Trump is the one thing that makes Hillary a viable candidate for many. I just don't think this has happened by accident but I also don't think it was an inside job from the traditional Left. I think Global interests have manufactured this to force Americans Left when they otherwise weren't inclined to go there. Trump is simply the dupe they used to do it.

One observation which I think underscores that premise is that prior to becoming the presumptive nominee, Trump got tons of media coverage. Once he got the spot, his coverage had dropped like a rock. Globalists control the media.
edit on 12-7-2016 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
a reply to: nwtrucker

No, I consider myself to be a stubborn, practical moderate. I agree, the center is what works best. Bush was too far Right, Obama is too far Left.

My point here is that Trump is the one thing that makes Hillary a viable candidate for many. I just don't think this has happened by accident. I don't think it was an inside job from the Left. I think Global interests have manufactured this to force Americans Left when they otherwise weren't inclined to go there. Trump is simply the dupe they used to do it.

One observation which I think underscores that premise is that prior to becoming the presumptive nominee, Trump got tons of media coverage. Once he got the spot, his coverage had dropped like a rock. Globalists control the media.

Makes Hillary a viable candidate for many?? Really? Have you forgotten who nominated Trump? Do you really think Cruz and the rest had any chance against Hillary? I don't.

The media 'laughed' at Trump...initially, no way he would carry the nomination...blah, blah, blah, now they know better. Now they fear him.

Maybe your right and I'm wrong. Then again, maybe not. Just as plausible as your interpretation.

No matter who wins, it's gonna be nasty reactions. You know what? SOBEIT. I'm betting Trump isn't bought when Hillary obviously is. It is a chance I will take.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

Still with the running as a joke/Perot type distraction angle?

He's not running as a joke, never was. The guy has a lot of businesses and no time to spend on such an elaborate joke, nor would he choose to dump millions of dollars into this "joke". Are you even thinking clearly??

Anyone that really knows the Donald knows that he is a serious person and his history of dissatisfaction with politics is well known.

No, it's not a joke, never was. The man is serious.

Go Go Gary Johnson!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
He doesn't need coverage right now. She is taking a beating these last few weeks. From double digit poll lead to within the margin of error this week. How much did he spend to achieve that?

Trump knows what he's doing. As Bush said, he is a master of the media and fires for effect. The DNC knows he is a far more capable opponent than Romney. Underestimating him has been par for the course. Everyone that has done it so far has had to admit they were dead wrong.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join