It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BLM Begins "Campaign Zero"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Very interesting set of demands and I was able to get on board completely until...

5. Have the racial makeup of police departments reflect the communities they serve. This one is simple enough to ask for, harder to carry out in practice. BLM want the police force to be racially representative of the areas they protect. If a community is 50% Black, 30% Hispanic, and 20% White, they want to see a police force that reflects those demographics. Hypothetically, for every two White officers they’d hire, they’d also hire five Black officers and three Hispanic officers.

More racism coming from the so-called "anti-racist" group. You can't demand the police departments to hire based on race. If you want more blacks working at your local police department, then you need to convince black people to be interested in that career. They can't have more non-white police if there aren't any more non-white recruits to hire.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Pretty fair list for the most part(racial balance hiring as discussed already may present an issue). Everyone should be on board with this. The more support the better.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Not a bad list of demands. Too bad this will never be read by the majority of #blacklivesmatter hashtag users. The police will never have an external group regulating them, unless it is the federal government.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

though I'm sure we'll be told why this is anti-white propaganda soon enough....

Well it seems like most of everyone agree's that their "plan" is reasonable...bet you didn't see that coming huh?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I support most of this list of demands. Their 2nd point hasn't worked as of yet.I agree with the rest though.Accountability and transparency are key to any police reforms.Which is why PD's and Police Unions have always been against things like this.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BLee8127

I really didn't! hah

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

5. Have the racial makeup of police departments reflect the communities they serve. This one is simple enough to ask for, harder to carry out in practice. BLM want the police force to be racially representative of the areas they protect. If a community is 50% Black, 30% Hispanic, and 20% White, they want to see a police force that reflects those demographics. Hypothetically, for every two White officers they’d hire, they’d also hire five Black officers and three Hispanic officers.

That sounds pretty close to the 3/5 clause.

For every two WHITES.

Gotta be 5 blacks

3 Hispanics!.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Isnt it odd, and really regressive to demand to have your own parallel police force, based on race?

Sounds like Islam trying to set up parallel justice systems in European countries.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Thus far there isn't anything unreasonable in the list.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hiring by race means nothing....

www.buzzfeed.com...

A Michigan prosecutor will not charge a police officer accused of fabricating evidence in a case that led to the false conviction of a teenager for a quadruple-murder. The Michigan State Police (MSP) reinvestigated the murder conviction of Davontae Sanford after new evidence emerged exonerating the Detroit man of the 2007 killings. The MSP were seeking a perjury charge against former Detroit Deputy Chief James Tolbert who interrogated the then-teenager in the case and gave key testimony that led to Sanford’s conviction

Blacks cops in the Freddie G case also.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I agree with ZERO points. All of that has unintended consequences.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join