It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India and Russia to sign Multi billion Dollar Defense Deals in 2016

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Source

Below is the translation

-12 S-400 system (Batallions) under Make in India
( Which essentially means the entire Western border with Pakistan will have S-400 cover)

-2 Akula II submarines - First lease and then purchase once lease expires

-4 new Tu 22M3 long ranged bombers under black project

-80 new Mi17V5 helicopters

-6 new IL 76 aircraft for purchasing Phalcon AWACS from Israel and integration

-200 Ka226T for which a factory is being setup

-1000+ new T90 tanks with upgrades to be Made in India
(That's a total of 2700 T-90 Tanks)

-Up-gradation and modernization of Mig-29 aircraft for $ 0.9 Billion

-Further plans for JV work of Brahmos.
(Most likely Brahmos-2 possibly with scram-jet Engine)

-India and Russia to invest further $4 billion in the fifth-generation fighter jet development work
(Plans are to induct 127 T-50 PAK-FA which would cost around $25 Billion)

edit on 12-7-2016 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

The war machine keeps on turning...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The ally base known as BRICS is shoring up its defenses. Who can blame them? The Yanks, I mean British, I mean NATO are coming...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21I think that the world is starting to think other things. Do you want to recind your post title? Forget dollars. They WILL be talking billion ruble deal or billion rupee deal. I seriously don't think they will be using dollars for the deal.
The time for the world to worry is when they dump the dollar to buy oil.

edit on 12-7-2016 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Sweatshop

edit on 12-7-2016 by THEMYKIL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
India have been trading with Russia for many Years ( 1950's ) They plan to have $30 Billion in Bi Lateral Trade by 2025..

en.wikipedia.org...

Anything to do with WW3 ? No I don't think so..

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Now BRICS got the guns.. I'm all for a balance of power.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
India and Russia on Thursday agreed to put the government’s flagship “Make in India” programme at the centrestage of their strategic relationship, as New Delhi and Moscow decided to build nuclear reactor components and military helicopters in India.
Apart from helicopters, the agreement is expected to result in the construction of 12 atomic plants with the involvement of Indian firms.

Russia is the first country to have agreed to take the initiative under the “Make in India” umbrella in two key strategic sectors — nuclear and defence. Sources said that while this move is perceived as a vote of confidence in India’s economy, it also puts a lid — at least, for the time being — on concerns in New Delhi about Moscow’s growing proximity to Islamabad.

After bilateral talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said, “The Inter-Governmental Agreement on the manufacture of Kamov-226 helicopters in India is the first project for a major defence platform under the Make-in-India mission. It is, rightly, with our most important defence partner.”

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
The ally base known as BRICS is shoring up its defenses. Who can blame them? The Yanks, I mean British, I mean NATO are coming...

Haven't you heard? BRICS is dead. Brazil is in free fall, they may not be able to pull off the Olympics. Russia's economy has been tanking for years. Even if sanctions are removed, oil and gas prices have put their economy into recession. India has been marching towards a theocratic totalitarian state which will make dealing with Russia and China increasingly difficult. China has just been scolded by an international court for its illegal aggression at sea, and is likely to be hit with sanctions if they don't change course.

In recognition of Brazil's failure, they have been booted out of the trading community (it was never a military alliance, as China, India, and Russia are all traditional enemies) and BRICS has been re-branded "the Silk Road Nations." (This allows Russia to sneak in a few of its Central Asian satellites to give it more pull.)

eurasiacenter.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Haven't you heard? BRICS is dead.

The US EU NATO empire is the one dying.

Like every other empire in history.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The US EU NATO empire is the one dying.

Are you saying that BRICS is supposed to be an empire? They can't even unpeg their currencies from the dollar successfully!

Like every other empire in history.

Like the Soviet Union?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
You do know that India is arming up to face China. A member of BRICS. Not that BRICS really exists anymore.

As for the OP this appears to be the Arms deal from last year. They also signed a 3 billion dollar with Israel, a 9 billion dollar deal with France, a 13 billion deal with the UK and of course a series of arms deals with the US including Apaches, Artillery and joint aircraft carrier development making India the US second biggest arms customer.

As India takes a harder line along side the US and Japan against China, India has to be able to take on China and Pakistan.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

You do know that India is arming up to face China.

You do know NATO is encroaching into Eastern Europe?

The real threat to the entire hemispheres.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You do know those countries are asking to join NATO because they're afraid Russia's recent actions? And let's not forget that up until Crimea Russia was a friend and ally of NATO. Why wasn't NATO's actions in eastern Europe considered encroachment then?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I wonder how Pakistan feels about this. With the latest skirmish in Kashmir and all.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
where is the outrage of peace loving Putin fanboys now ? Oh i forgot, its only NATO and the western world who are buying weapons, mother Russia only wants peace. They're buying weapons only for self defense.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You do know that India is arming up to face China.

You do know NATO is encroaching into Eastern Europe?

The real threat to the entire hemispheres.

No it is not. NATO''s expansion east was done with Russia a part of NATO's PfP and on the Russia-NATO council and in fact Russia has take part in NATO exercises in Poland and the Baltic Sea. NATO expansion was done hand in hand with Russia. You do not get to rewrite history just because it does not fit your narrative.

And this is about India and China. With Russia to weak to back India against China, India has turned to the US and Japan. Oh, that evil US forcing India into joint exercise and building carriers with them.
edit on 13-7-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You do know those countries are asking to join NATO because they're afraid Russia's recent actions?

Awww, you can't fool me, I know what NATO is up to.

But anyway, have a referendum of, by and for the people of NATO occupied countries. Ask them (the people) whether they like being occupied with US troops and Armor missiles, whatever.

Hasn't happened, never gonna happen. Its not a choice.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

No it is not. NATO''s expansion east was done with Russia a part of NATO's PfP and on the Russia-NATO council and in fact Russia has take part in NATO exercises in Poland and the Baltic Sea.

NATO and Russia are one together, huh?

I'm, not even going to address that.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Always love that bit of Russian propaganda...and it seems you do to.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join