It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Activists: 7 Teenagers Who are Truly Making A Difference in the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
WE ARE ANONYMOUS

By Vandita
9 July 2016

Warning . . . other pages and videos seem to open automatically at the below link. I hate that but I'm not aware of doing anything to trigger it. They are seemingly about somewhat random topics possibly linked to on the anonymous page
anonhq.com...

. . .
Zuriel Oduwole
She is the youngest person of African descent to find a place in “100 Most Influential People in Africa” list. She is the youngest person to screen a self-produced movie commercially (she has already made five documentaries). She is the world’s youngest person to be featured in Forbes Magazine.
Born in California to a Nigerian father and a Mauritian mother, 14-year-old Oduwole is a filmmaker who is showing a positive side of Africa – like dancing, music, and great culture – and not just the things that are on the news – like war, famine, and disease. An education activist, Oduwole is creating a better world through education. She has travelled to 11 countries through her side project “Dream Up, Speak Up, Stand Up” and talked to about 24,000 children about the importance of education, particularly girls’ education.
. . .
Hania Guiagoussou [water saver ap etc.]
. . .
Ziad Ahmed

How do you fight misconceptions and prejudice people have about Islam? Ask Ziad, a 17-year-old Bangladeshi-American student who founded Redefy, a website to combat racism, discrimination and harmful stereotypes by encouraging teens to share their stories, defy bias, embrace acceptance, exercise tolerance, and create an active community. . . .
. . .
Musaz Nawaz, Daanyaal Ali And Chirag Shah

Three young students are helping combat soaring rates of sexually transmitted infections (STI’s). London’s Isaac Newton Academy’s Muaz (13), Daanyaal (14), and Chirag (14) have developed a condom that glows when it detects STI’s. S.T.EYE, the condom, uses a built-in layer of molecules that glow when they come into contact with bacteria and viruses associated with the most common STI’s. . . .
. . .
Patricia Manubay
[school supplies gift boxes]
. . .

I interrupt your regularly scheduled mass murder to bring you this message from some teens who mystifyingly still seem to have their heads screwed on well and wonderfully set straight toward doing good for the world.
It sounds, to me, like the projects are all making a significant difference.
This article might merely encourage you.
Maybe it will inspire a teen in your home to do something great.
Maybe it will bring a smile and some comfort that 100% of the entire world is NOT yet going to hell in a hand basket.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Wait, I thought all young people are worthless, freeloading, self centered brats that constantly whine about things not being 'fair'.

Sorry to sound combative.... But I'm so effing sick of the constant attacks on younger folk. Younger people are contributing, in both positive and negative ways to society like every generation before them.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Sorry,

I'm not handling combative too well at the moment.

I do think there are features of this era that are not all that common in historical eras but I don't have a handy list of them.

Certainly there are a lot of commonalities, too--positive and negative, as you note.

Thanks for your kind reply.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Things are definitely unique in our current era. Those of us who grew up in the 90's went from practically the same tech as our parents during childhood. Then, all of a sudden things exploded and technology took off at what seems to be the speed of light.

Luckily or maybe unluckily, the younger you were, the better off you were to adapt to these "advancements."

Also, don't think I was expressing any hostility towards you with my reply. Your op just made me think of how misconstrued the newer generations are.

There's so much going on. Technologically, politically, philosophically etc..
If you have an inquisitive mind, it's a very strange time to grow up/come of age in. It's basically "information overload... does not compute... Initiating self destruct sequence in 3..2.."

Things are whacko. Life is whacko; especially now.

I send much hope and positive thoughts to us all! We know we need it...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

I did NOT feel tweaked AT ALL by your post. Was just letting you know I might not be up to par on such scores. There's a very fiercely rabid pack of wolves that like to pretend I have no right to express myself hereon much at all. And yesterday was a particularly bad day with them. That's what I was referring to. They even ignored the mods repeatedly yesterday . . . more than usual.

Yeah, this era is different in a list of ways.

But then, why would I expect the grand 'finale' of God using satan as an object lesson to be less dramatic. I just hate seeing soooo much suffering . . . so much cluelessness . . . soooo much successful oligarchy brainwashing and tyranny.

Some youth are beginning to get it. They may end up one of the most . . . responsible and conservative groups of youth in recent decades. . . . maybe not the majority of them but a good percentage of them.

Too many of them are too successfully brainwashed by the cradle to grave full court press propaganda.

I think that's one reason this article thrilled me so.

Here's several teens ignoring common teen priorities and slicing through a lot of crap and doing a lot of good.

I love that.

GOOD ON THEM ALL.

Thanks for your kind replies.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Juicyfruit

top topics

join