It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B-2's head for UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
A pair of specially constructed B-2A Spirit hangars at RAF Fairford were completed in December which will allow forward-deployed operations for the force. Hopefully it wont be too long before we start seeing them stationed over here

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Roll on RIAT 2005, maybe it will land this time and stay the weekend?

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Its landed before (I think the UK is the only nonUS controlled place that the B-2 has ever landed at) at Fairford IIRC. Dont expect to see it on display tho.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well it does its 10,000 mile round trip from the US to fairford (riat) each year, maybe it will do a repeat of the 1999 show where it done a full display

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice
Its landed before (I think the UK is the only nonUS controlled place that the B-2 has ever landed at) at Fairford IIRC. Dont expect to see it on display tho.

Nah we've had 'em on the ground in Canada..

Also had a B1-B drop in unexpected for landing last year at the airshow up here.. and the roar when that bird left the ground.. oh my.. I was in heaven

Osiris

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
HELL, they even did an Airshow with a B-2 at our tiny little Helicopter/light aircraft Airfield!

I still wonder where they were stationed...this was back in 1995 I believe...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
HELL, they even did an Airshow with a B-2 at our tiny little Helicopter/light aircraft Airfield!

I still wonder where they were stationed...this was back in 1995 I believe...

All B-2's have always been stationed at Whiteman AFB, MO. Diego Garcia had some hagars built a year or so ago for forward basing, and now a couple of hangers in England have been built.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It is a shame that at RIAT all they did was fly over us once then head off back tot he states.

Also is Fairford the only place in the UK that the B-52s can land at (for security reasons or whatever) and do the B1s use Fairford as a forward operating base?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infidellic
It is a shame that at RIAT all they did was fly over us once then head off back tot he states.

Also is Fairford the only place in the UK that the B-52s can land at (for security reasons or whatever) and do the B1s use Fairford as a forward operating base?

You have to wonder if they 'public relations' value of flying the B-2 on around trip TWICE during the RIAT (Saturday and Sunday) is worth the actual fiscal cost of doing it.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Thats always the question, but the Rah Rah value of seeing the planes in the air pump up even the most cynical. They also chalk it up for advertising and recruiting.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
They also chalk it up for advertising and recruiting.

Recruiting ... IN THE UK?!

new topics

top topics

join