It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pathfinder - Genetics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
So you've had something of an existential crisis? Or simply had a bash a meditating (whatever THAT means). What next? Well, dive into the murky depths of new age BS, seems like the only viable option right? They're the only ones who will talk about anything openly. THEN what, what is what, why are the practices so different? Which one is for you? Take your pick? Mix it up, little bit of everything? Dedicate to what your mate is into, because they're vegan or something? ... ?!?!?!

Some people say things like 'it doesn't matter which path you choose, so long as you stick to it'. For me, nothing could be further from the truth. For me, reserch and deep introspection on my family history and geneology has been the single most fruitful spiritual practice ever. That, and the ability to shift your conciousness to your heart. Without these two cornerstones, you are likely to flounder around in a world of ego-spiritualism which is, essentially, the dark side. You may experience ego-death, and think the monster stays dead. It doesn't, and when you think it is dead, that is when it has taken control.

For the record, I'm cringing at my preachy tone here and I'm well aware that clinging to ANY conclusion in this field is futile at best. Just some recent realisations on time I have wasted, when my brothers and sisters have been right there, under my nose, all along.

If I were to write a 3 step guide, spirituality for dummies shall we say... (no offence, I'm writing this mostly for catharsis and clarity of thought)

1 - Contact your higher self, learn to navigate the distinctions in your internal monologue. Most legit paths have this as lesson one, if your teacher demands loyalty over personal soveriegnty then the are a charlaton, ego. They can S**t off.

2 - Know your family history, there may be some suprises! I know some who's path is pure, others have many paths converging in themselves. Try to engage in dialogue with your higher self about who you really are. BREAK THE RULES, use any tool that works to find a mental state where this dialogue is possible.

3 - HEART. Shifting your awareness to locations other than your brain is paramount. The brain is full of your own and other peoples thoughts. Avoid confusion by 'thinking' from the heart. The first tingles of this will feel like a subtle intuition, train this and you will be able to listen to a clear signal from your true self, through your heart. It can guide you through the ANYTHING. Oh and btw, that all consuming rage you feel, that's good, that is your fuel, let it guide you through the darkness with flames of passionate creativity.

I suppose some knowledge of chakras and astral travel may come in handy, but without these 3 steps, you will be part of the problem rather than the solution.

Yikes, hit me!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Some can never know their family history. And really, are you trying to sell DNA memory here for enlightenment?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: March of the Fire Ants

My family sucks, and I don't give a fig about my lineage. Why would this even be important for any spiritual endeavor? Yes, we must deal with the sins of our fathers, but it otherwise has little bearing on what we choose thereafter.

The spiritual aspirant is one who rejects their family, their friends, and their community to follow the calling, the fire that burns within.

It is the budding spiritual aspirant who desires to teach others of their newfound enlightenment; though they are unprepared to teach, having just been exposed to the lesson themselves. It is the sage who has achieved wisdom when he/she no longer desires to teach, but to rest in the contentment of their mastery.

Seeds in the garden, pearls before swine...understand?

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I do understand what you are saying. I was very much posting this for myself but thinking it could be a nice discussion for others to join.. And by family history, I don't mean what your parents are into, I mean what traditions are in your blood from long ago. Anyway, just thinking aloud, ignore me.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: March of the Fire Ants
I do understand what you are saying. I was very much posting this for myself but thinking it could be a nice discussion for others to join.. And by family history, I don't mean what your parents are into, I mean what traditions are in your blood from long ago. Anyway, just thinking aloud, ignore me.

I think ego does not equate to monster, however learning how to understand your particular ego's eccentricities and learning how to govern them (triggers), by whichever means at your disposal, can only further your awareness. Also, heart, mind, intuition and spirit can all coalesce into your true self, nothing need be removed.

So, if your path forward is to immerse yourself in family vibes, then I hope it works for you.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well certainly seeing it as a monster is unhelpful but that is very much how it can come across at times. Hmm well I'm having conflicting thoughts about seperating or combining different aspects of the self, I suppose one might need to seperate them to identify them and then merge them together conciously as one... Learning not to over analyse things would probably be more beneficial for me lol! Thank you.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Well, I do understand. It was only thru DNA and genealogy that I was able to learn who my unknown father's family was.

As I searched I wondered if this was where/why my spiritual self is so different. Along the way I discovered a 3rd ggrandparent with the given names Emanuel Swedenborg. This in an era of deep fundamental Christianity they knew who he was and apparently believed his more spiritual message enough to name a child. Can only imagine how this set within the community. I do know he was murdered along with several relatives...did the lack of falling in line with others inspire the deaths?

I believe my search for truth purpose and spiritual meaning comes from this stock..

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

double post
edit on 12-7-2016 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Nice post; written straight from the heart. Clearly, you do not need any outside help or guide.

In my view , you are on the right track. It is nice to hear from someone who has self-initiated. Yes, you should add bits and pieces from outside sources but at least the core is solid.

Interestingly, you are close to many initiation systems.

top topics

join