It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thou shalt not steal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

6 In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as they saw fit.
Judges 17:6

This is basically what you are arguing. You want it to be right, so you are working to explain it through moral relativism calling it Natural Law.

Do you know what else operates under Natural Law? Nature does. Do you want to open the doors to that? I hear it's great. It also has rape (both singular and gang), incest, cannibalism, murder, pedophilia and infanticide and of them are both normal and natural. Now I suppose we could allow ourselves to be reduced to an animalistic state of being, but part of being human is holding ourselves to a higher standard which includes morals.

So we are back to "Thou shalt not steal."

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you are saying now that quote; It also has rape (both singular and gang), incest, cannibalism, murder, pedophilia and infanticide and of them are both normal and natural.. Doesnt exist within the compound of society? well it does and probably to an extent that you would not believe..

I put in a post earlier;

I want..
I need..

Natural law is basic.. Natural law was in my post for the state.. Intention was for the human.. You twist and turn to fill your game..

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Ill link it, makes future reference easier instead of placing your own opinions..

Natural law is a philosophy that certain rights or values are inherent by virtue of human nature and universally cognizable through human reason. Historically, natural law refers to the use of reason to analyze both social and personal human nature to deduce binding rules of moral behavior. The law of nature, being determined by nature, is universal

Wikipedia - Natural Law

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as they saw fit.

Actually they had warlords similar to that of modern day Afghanistan, you could call it Kings.. Just that they fought for resources, a King uses the message of the Bible for reference..
Apples and Oranges,,

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
How's about you go carve that statement into Hillarys forehead. Maybe then she'll "get it".

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Define stealing. Is talking someone into buying something they do not really need stealing, or is it conning? Doing so so you gain commission seems to mean you are sort of stealing for someone else and getting a commission on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join