It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decatur Illinois - Police Shoot African American Last Night, Rumors of Protests For Tonight

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

As for my BB guns and pellet guns... They wore out and are long gone.

Hey! How do you like my new grips from Ebay that arrived today?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Very, very sweet. My teen boys would be drooling

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Damned shame the dumb#ss cops keep wading into obvious trouble like that. You're quite right; as long as the Law enforcement community keeps up this crap, no place is safe. If I were you, I'd be madder than hell with whoever the police chief is.

The link from USA Today in OP.

An Illinois police officer shot an African-American man in the chest Monday while responding to a call that a man had a handgun, authorities in Decatur said. Interim Decatur Police Chief James Getz said the man, who was armed with a gun and knife, was in serious condition with a gunshot wound to the chest.

Yeah, it's a damn shame the cops were responding to a call from a citizen concerned about a man with a gun! Would you have preferred they decline the call, rather than "wading into obvious trouble like that"? The excuses and lack of reason around here have nosedived as of late.
edit on 7 11 2016 by retiredTxn because: Link in wrong place.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
There is no mention of the gun being a BB gun in the article. Not sure where OP got that from.

it was a bb gun

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Where does it say this? It wasn't in the original link OP posted.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Why is it always newsworthy when a white cop shoots a black guy, but it's never newsworthy when a white guy is killed by either color cop? It's really strange seeing as how they more white people are shot and killed by cops than black people.

Because that scenario doesn't feed the media agenda.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Where does it say this? It wasn't in the original link OP posted.

It was just on the central Illinois nightly news, not that the officer new that, I don't know, but if we have riots in central Illinois, I will be shocked,

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I think they are more concerned about protecting themselves now

Humans tend to get that way when they have a politically protected group of boisterous assholes making threats at them followed by a handful of social retards acting out those threats.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I just read on another source that it was a bb gun. Funny how USA Today left that part out.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I think they are more concerned about protecting themselves now

Humans tend to get that way when they have a politically protected group of boisterous assholes making threats at them followed by a handful of social retards acting out those threats.

I think we can agree on that.

By the way... You said Assholes.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Getting pretty tired of these troublemakers constantly protesting police defending themselves from armed and dangerous criminals.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

The thing is, the whole BB gun argument is just a distraction. If it was realistic looking, and he was threatening people with it in a realistic way, then the police responding to the call must assume it was real. What else are they supposed to do? Even my kids understand not to take their co2 pistols for a walk down the street and certainly to never wave it around or aim it at someone. They know never to drive with a co2 pistol in the glovebox or on the seat next to them - airsoft gear goes in the trunk on the way to the games. They understand what could happen if it is mistaken for the real thing or they are acting stupidly with it.

Certain people will try to use the "but it was just a toy" excuse to claim police brutality, like it was just some neon colored bubble squirtgun. These toys are detailed replicas of the real thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Totally agree. If I were waving my realistic CO2 bb gun around, I would expect people to be worried lol.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I have heard and spoken with so many different people today, I will try to chase down the origins of that information, as best I can, and will post later if I can do a better job.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

True that, Kawrider9. Central Illinois is a bad place for this to happen. The population mix is a setup for problems, if it gets out of hand. Let us hope that it does not get out of hand, in either direction.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Okay, here is the BB gun source article. Notice, this is a release from our own police.

Link:

www.sj-r.com...

www.sj-r.com...[/url]

link   

Sorry ... double post because my local internet is lagging.

Usually it does not lag ... but I think a lot of people are using it right now.
edit on 11-7-2016 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

link   
So coming home in my car from work tonight, we were diverted away from the center of Decatur.

It took me longer to get home.

No way am I going back down there to see what happens ... they do not divert traffic here just for fun. Wtf.
edit on 11-7-2016 by Fowlerstoad because: typos

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

So the good news is he was just wounded and hopefully he will recover. Your update says a couple of times that the BB gun was very realistic looking, and that he had a large knife strapped to his wrist. You said you heard he was behaving erratically and threatening people, right?

I'd say well done to the officer for showing restraint by firing once and disarming him. Well done.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
When can we start tallying up the deaths of people that happened because the police were too afraid to shoot a black man?

Sounds harsh, and it is. But that's where we're heading.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join