It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando Shooter: Psychotic Break vs "Activation"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
After the Orlando tragedy, we were overloaded with information about the killer (and his family), and much of it was unexpected -- if not shocking; and much seemed inconsistent, if not outright contradictory. But I felt from the start that something made him snap... or perhaps triggered him in some way. Was that as simple as a psychotic break due to mental/emotional instability? Was it provoked by a specific incident? Or was he somehow "activated" by others? By some group or another, foreign or domestic or even govt black ops??? This is my simple attempt to consider the various information made public, by both private and public parties, to reconcile what I can, and otherwise try to make some sense of it.

Islamic Jihadist

His interest and involvement with radical jihadists is well established:

He cheered the 9/11 attacks (then a high school student) -- Source
A member of his mosque reported him to the FBI for possible "radicalization" -- Source
He reportedly attended (?) an online terrorist training school -- Source
He claimed he was acting in the name of ISIS -- Source
ISIS claimed he was acting in their name -- Source
He had been investigated by FBI for radical Islamic connections -- Source
Govt sources claimed he pledged allegiance to ISIS -- Source
Two trips to Saudi Arabia -- Source

I think it's safe to say he was in fact a radical Islamic jihadist -- it may or may not have been his only motivation, but it was definitely a major motivation.

Homosexual Activity

Almost immediately after the rampage, people came forward with claims that he was gay (although I think bisexual would be the proper term, given his two marriages and other reports of stalking women.)

High school classmates -- Source
College friend -- Source

(Note: Other reports say that he was "anti-gay.")

Witnesses -- Source
Known from gay apps -- Source
Ex-Wife -- Source
Ex-Lover (allegedly) -- Source
(Note: The FBI says they have found "no evidence" he is gay... I guess they need a sex tape)

I think it's safe to say that he was bisexual at the least. Perhaps he married and fathered children out of a sense of duty to his culture or faith, but was actually homosexual. I guess we'll never know for sure. He was the only one who really knew for sure. But in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it's all that significant, though it would explain a couple things. Even if this were done for revenge (as his alleged ex-lover claims), it's still his violent and vengeful nature that thought a bloody massacre was a good idea; and if he had jihad in his heart and on his calendar anyway, he may have simply used the opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. But whatever happened, he did not do this because he was gay.

Psychotic Break

Was he just a freaking crazy psychosociopath? He apparently has a long history of anti-social behavior and mental/emotional issues:

Unstable home -- Source
Difficult relationship with his father -- Source
Teachers -- Source
Classmates -- Source
Stalked women -- Source
Ex-Wife -- Source
Co-Worker -- Source

His ex-wife claimed the he was "bipolar," but I haven't been able to pin down whether that was a legitimate confirmed diagnosis, and if he was taking a prescribed medication. The ex-wife also claimed he was taking steroids at one time, as corroborated by a former coworker at GNC.

We do know that he was researching psychotropic/psychiatric medications in the weeks before his rampage -- Source -- shaved his head, and otherwise indicated some mental/emotional distress. Was he perhaps having an adverse reaction -- including homicidal ideation -- to prescribed medication? To self-medication? Or was he trying to find a medication to treat the psychotic symptoms he felt crushing him?

An alleged ex-lover claims it was an act of revenge; that the killer feared he had contracted HIV from a Pulse patron, and this horrendous crime was his revenge. Was that what made him snap? Was that potential (inevitable?) shame and dishonor to himself and his family and his faith too much for him to bear? Was jihad his evil effort at redemption?

(Continued in next post...)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
(Continued...)

Activation
Everyone have their tinfoil hats firmly in place? Good. We might need them for this final part

In the interest of full disclosure, let me clearly state that my default position is to always blame the feds first unless and until the facts prove otherwise. So there is my confirmation bias. And it holds true in this instance; although radical Islamic factions are in close second... So how exactly were the Feds possibly involved here?

We know that he was a "known quantity" and on their "radar" -- Source

We know that the FBI had received/investigated at least three reports about him -- one from a fellow member of his mosque, and one from a former co-worker, and one from a gun shop (although they could not identify him, and he avoided the stores surveillance cameras).

We know that the FBI had assigned "handlers,", and tried to entrap him in terrorist activities.

We know that he was trained and employed by the government contractor security agency G4S -- Source -- with its own notorious reputation -- Source (ATS thread/discussion)

We also know that his father is reported to have ties to the CIA and the State Department, and perhaps other government connections. There are also reports that the father was involved with radical Islamic terrorist groups -- Source

And we have the reported claims of James Wesley Howell, the man arrested in Santa Monica who was purportedly planning to attack the Gay Pride event in L.A., of coordinated involvement by the CIA -- Source

The FBI and/or federal agents/agencies certainly had the means and opportunity, the question is if they had the motive... and if so, what is it?

My best guess is that it was a combination of factors, and that if -- and that's still a big "if" -- he was "activated," whether by feds or radical Islamists -- that it did not play out as planned and/or directed.

I believe it's more likely that he was assigned to attack Disney World during their scheduled Gay Pride events the next month (July), and that the killer accepted the assignment, but changed the target to the nightclub for personal reasons. Like revenge.

It was the perfect storm.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

edit on 1172016 by Snarl because: Gun jumping

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

fantastic job on this thread, citing all of these sources and writing your own editorials in there. S & F, now I need to work through a bunch of this to see the big picture you are talking about

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Snarl, OP is talking about Omar Mateen (Orlando Pulse Massacre), not Micah Xavier Johnson from the Dallas police shootings. You bring up great points about the Dallas shootings, but this thread is about the previous events in the Orlando Night Club weeks earlier

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Oops ... my bad.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
I don't think it was either.

Let me ask some questions.
1. Did anyone identify the shooter as he was doing his thing?
2. Why were there reports of multiple shooters?
3. Do you find it convenient that he was blown up?

4. WHY did he write on the wall "RB" in his own blood...and WHAT does it mean?

EDT: Sorry...I forgot it's just about Mateen (Orlando).
edit on 11-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

fantastic job on this thread, citing all of these sources and writing your own editorials in there. S & F, now I need to work through a bunch of this to see the big picture you are talking about

Thanks, Fam. It was a little mind-boggling to say the least! I'm sure I left something important out... but hopefully someone will notice and fill the gap.

I hope you share your thoughts when you're done reading. I want to hear!
edit on 11-7-2016 by Boadicea because: Spelling/punctuation

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

No worries! There has been so much going on it is tough to keep track these days, anyone could've made that mistake

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Perhaps subliminal messages on TV and media are triggering people ?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Understandable mistake

But excellent questions about the Dallas massacre...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Perhaps subliminal messages on TV and media are triggering people ?

Are you trying to give them ideas???

Only joking... I know they thought that up themselves a long time ago!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

There were similar post-event questions concerning the Orlando event as well. Maybe I'm spending too much time on ATS. LOL

You did a great job laying out detail in your OP. Still looking through the links.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I vote neither.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

There were similar post-event questions concerning the Orlando event as well. Maybe I'm spending too much time on ATS. LOL

Just between you and me and the lamp post (haha!)... it took me a minute to remember too!

You did a great job laying out detail in your OP. Still looking through the links.

Thanks! I had to think long and hard about how to present all this without confusing me and everyone else -- not to mention more than a couple stops-and-starts -- so I really appreciate that. I'm glad I didn't just muddle it all up.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

We do know that he was researching psychotropic/psychiatric medications in the weeks before his rampage -- Source -- shaved his head, and otherwise indicated some mental/emotional distress. Was he perhaps having an adverse reaction -- including homicidal ideation -- to prescribed medication? To self-medication? Or was he trying to find a medication to treat the psychotic symptoms he felt crushing him?

Another thought... did he suspect someone else was "medicating" him and was trying to identify the substance?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Ugh I have to go to work.. Will take me too long to go through all of that.
Having recently experienced something like a psychotic break I know how someone can "activate" you..
In general paranoia that comes along and then you(the handler) are trusted and then a pressure point set up where you(patsy) feel like you have to act or you will die... something along those lines.

It would only work well on someone who is not as peaceful as me.

just wanted to leave that here before I get to reading.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I vote neither.
He knew exactly what he was doing.

Really? Even after this:

The acquaintance, a resident at the PGA Village in Port St. Lucie, Florida, where Mateen worked as a gate security guard, said he noticed signs of deteriorating behavior a few weeks before the massacre.

He had passed the gate for three years, meeting Mateen several times a week and exchanging friendly small talk. About three weeks before the attack, he noticed Mateen seemed agitated and asked him if he was all right.

Mateen said he was worn out from staying up all night to research psychiatric medication, although he did not say he was taking specific drugs.

“He’d been real worried about whether or not he’d slipped into psychosis," the acquaintance said. “He wasn’t as friendly. He was obsessed with researching medication online.”

Orlando killer Omar Mateen drastically changed his appearance, researched anti-psychotic drugs before shooting

Not even a little wiggle room???

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Sanity is a subjective term.

Everyone has a take on it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

Having recently experienced something like a psychotic break I know how someone can "activate" you..
In general paranoia that comes along and then you(the handler) are trusted and then a pressure point set up where you(patsy) feel like you have to act or you will die... something along those lines.

It would only work well on someone who is not as peaceful as me.

Thank you for taking the time to share that. Very interesting and good to know.

I can see how this would apply to this killer. Given his seeming double-life (maybe more like "multi-life") I can see much that could go wrong and how he could easily be paranoid, and with his already aggressive and violent nature, how easily that could be twisted and manipulated and used against him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join