It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: secretboss

Americans came from Europe. Why are there still Europeans?

If you really want answers to your questions; go here
www.talkorigins.org...
edit on 7/14/16 by NotTooHappy because: fix link

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't even know why there's even any debate about this anymore. Geneticists have already come out and said that there are a number of our genes that have NO ANCESTOR that has ever 'dwelt' on this planet. So where did these genes come from? Not from evolution, according to the geneticists, since there is no ancestor who had these genes.

So people that have been brainwashed about evolution need to do some research. Does evolution exist? Of course it does, but it does NOT explain the differences between humans and monkeys. Heck, it doesn't explain Rh negative factor.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nomoredemsorreps

[citations needed]
second

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

That was a lot of assumptions.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of these videos...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I thought I'd seen some beyond dumb stuff from the anti-intellectual anti-science crowd but that peanut butter video is the most stupid thing I've seen in years.

The first response to the OP nails it: why doesn't this "debate" happen in countries with decent science education?

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: anton74

I must add the Scientists are getting close, what will the argument be if they create life?

The answer would be: Science used Gods stuff to create life.

Science will never be able to create humans from scratch. Nor will they be able to create a insect, bird or a cow for that matter.

Science will never be able to create as much as a seed from scratch that would grow and multiply.

If science could form life from scratch from the dirt one the ground outside a lab in open nature, without the use of any addded Technology i would be impressed.

But since life is a intelligent design i dont think we will ever be that intelligent.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
originally posted by: spy66

But since life is a intelligent design i dont think we will ever be that intelligent.

Just over a hundred years ago, we couldn't fly. 60 years later, we landed on the moon.

I think you are under estimating what feats humans are capable of.

Link you may be interested in.

edit on 14-7-2016 by darkmaninperth because: (Formatting)

edit on 14-7-2016 by darkmaninperth because: Added link

edit on 14-7-2016 by darkmaninperth because: House keeping.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I must add the Scientists are getting close, what will the argument be if they create life?

What a cop out!

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkmaninperth

Just over a hundred years ago, we couldn't fly. 60 years later, we landed on the moon.

I think you are under estimating what feats humans are capable of.

Link you may be interested in.

Right, like they are comparible......scientifically....

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

What a cop out!

It wouldnt be more true than that. Science cant produce intelligent life.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: secretboss

Evolution is true. Fact.

When they say we come from Monkeys this does not mean directly but we have ancestors with Monkeys. The term is often misunderstood as thought they died and we live. Just like types of birds, they coexist.

End of discussion.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

What a cop out!

No, this is nothing more than you attempting to rationalize your religious faith.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

What a cop out!

No, this is nothing more than you attempting to rationalize your religious faith.

Really!!

Ok. lets just stick to what sceince allways state in these matters. It will take billions of years for them to create life.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

What a cop out!

Really!!

Ok. lets just stick to what sceince allways state in these matters. It will take billions of years for them to create life.

Science does not say that it will take humans billions of years to create life in the slightest.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Chances are, humans will create a sentient AI within the next 50 years.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
So you're saying Caucasians are evolved homo sapiens? I strongly disagree... and suggest that Various colored skin pigments were always present in the gene pool

What is an evolved homo sapien? We are all homo sapiens, some are just better adapted for differing environments. You can't say one species is more evolved than another. Evolution is constant.

Do you have evidence for that trait always being in the gene pool? Surely it couldn't have always been in the gene pool if there wasn't light skin for all those millions of years before hominids even evolved. The trait had to originate somewhere, and we have already seen genetic mutations that change the code and lead to new traits or differences in an organism. If you are just going to dismiss that and claim it was magically put there, then you need evidence.

Adaptation is NOT evolution.

Bahahahahaha. Right. Word definitions don't change just because you lie about it on a forum.

edit on 7 14 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Science will never be able to create humans from scratch. Nor will they be able to create a insect, bird or a cow for that matter.

That is quite a hefty assumption there. Do you really think it is impossible for human understanding of genetics to improve enough so that we can program or create DNA code? If so, why?

Science will never be able to create as much as a seed from scratch that would grow and multiply.

Seeds are not created from scratch.

You forget the word "YET" at the end. You have no idea that it can't happen. Science continues to improve itself, so we might be able to do that one day. We can already clone DNA, and gene therapy is already being used in cancer treatments, that repairs genetic code in cancerous cells. I don't understand why folks are so stubborn that they think because science can't do something now, that it never will be able to. That's ludicrous.
edit on 7 14 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

"Adaptation is NOT evolution."

Bahahahahaha. Right. Word definitions don't change just because you lie about it on a forum.

Which is exactly what we were trying to tell you on the other forum. it is called genetic code because it was intelligently designed by a Programmer.

You can't say one species is more evolved than another. Evolution is constant.

But you just said the tribe that went north through the caucuses evolved. When they exposed lighter skin traits, these people that migrated through the caucus mountains were called caucasians - they did not evolve, they are still "homo sapiens".

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Which is exactly what we were trying to tell you on the other forum. it is called genetic code because it was intelligently designed by a Programmer.

Wrong. It is called code because it works LIKE a code. It is not computer code by any stretch of the imagination, but that's the creationist narrative at this point so keep pretending that your lies make sense.

But you just said the tribe that went north through the caucuses evolved. When they exposed lighter skin traits, these people that migrated through the caucus mountains were called caucasians - they did not evolve, they are still "homo sapiens".

Keep trolling. You don't even know what evolve means, so there's no point even discussing this with you. After all these years you still refuse to acknowledge anything in regards to evolution or science, you just make stuff up. Evolution is not just speciation.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join