It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A work or die mentality doesn't work. Why we deserve a basic income.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
a reply to: syrinx high priest

So your mentality is still, " take it from someone else so that I can have it.". Get a job

I think someone has a compensation issue, lol

I have been working since 1981. Literally nothing I posted takes anything away from anyone. I will not stop arguing with a fool

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

So no answer but to call me a fool for not wanting to provide you with a free income and life.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

So no answer but to call me a fool for not wanting to provide you with a free income and life.

I've seen some UBI's plans that are $500 a month and basically replace welfare programs yet can provide the benefit to all citzens through greater efficiency and other savings. What are you going on about ?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I'll tell you what you keep trying to push the give me everything for free so that you can escape the clutches of your mother's basement and I'll keep working and we will see who reaches their goals first.
edit on Wed20167V201608931 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I'll tell you what you keep trying to push the give me everything for free so that you can escape the clutches of your mother's basement and I'll keep working and will see who teaches their goals first.

I own a home and I am putting my daughter through college right now. My son is so smart and such a good athlete he will have a full ride scholarship.

Can we stop the silly insults now ?

lets start with the basics.

What is Universal Basic Income mean to you specifically ?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

You must see this. Working is good for us. Knowing that we are independent and taking care of ourselves feels good. Knowing that you are contributing to society feels good.

The whole point of this thread is there isn't enough work for everyone. It's not the issue of being lazy or unmotivated, there just isn't enough jobs that pay enough to support a family and it's only going to get worse.

So your fine with just letting people starve? And you would be cool with this idea if it was your child or grandchild. And don't tell me you put a work ethic in them - plenty of people work who still can't afford food and housing.

Besides from what I have seen in the last 10 years, this poor economy is turning people into immoral people. I have never seen such cruel and backstabbing behavior. No one seems happy and content at work.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Freeloaders, that is what it means to me

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

No, I mean how much will the benefit be, and who will get it and how will it be paid for ?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

I'll tell you what you keep trying to push the give me everything for free so that you can escape the clutches of your mother's basement and I'll keep working and will see who teaches their goals first.

I own a home and I am putting my daughter through college right now. My son is so smart and such a good athlete he will have a full ride scholarship.

Can we stop the silly insults now ?

lets start with the basics.

What is Universal Basic Income mean to you specifically ?

Notice how insulting the "poor should starve" crowd is? When people don't have FACTS to back up what they say, they insult.

There's nothing to prove poor are lazy, in fact there is study after study to prove just the opposite.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I've seen some UBI's plans that are $500 a month and basically replace welfare programs yet can provide the benefit to all citzens through greater efficiency and other savings. What are you going on about ?

What are you proposing? If you mean a government plan that is only supplied by the government, I shudder to think what kind of medical care would be provided for that amount of money.

Usage based plans only work for the young and healthy. Older people or people with serious medical issues need more than that.

If you are talking about Obamacare - it is against the law to refuse your employer plan to sign up for Obamacare. That's how the insurance companies pay for Obamacare. My employer plan rates have increased drastically since Obamacare was implemented. See how that works? Who do you think is really paying for all the people getting cheap insurance? It is all of us working people who are paying for it.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

You must see this. Working is good for us. Knowing that we are independent and taking care of ourselves feels good. Knowing that you are contributing to society feels good.

The whole point of this thread is there isn't enough work for everyone. It's not the issue of being lazy or unmotivated, there just isn't enough jobs that pay enough to support a family and it's only going to get worse.

So your fine with just letting people starve? And you would be cool with this idea if it was your child or grandchild. And don't tell me you put a work ethic in them - plenty of people work who still can't afford food and housing.

Besides from what I have seen in the last 10 years, this poor economy is turning people into immoral people. I have never seen such cruel and backstabbing behavior. No one seems happy and content at work.

Don't worry.
Trump will fix this problem.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2

Notice how insulting the "poor should starve" crowd is? When people don't have FACTS to back up what they say, they insult.

There's nothing to prove poor are lazy, in fact there is study after study to prove just the opposite.

The poor usually work their knuckles to the bone. I think a real concern for UBI is inflation, but that can be controlled to some extent. It's amazing some people think UBI is like $50,000 a year, lol

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

What are you proposing? If you mean a government plan that is only supplied by the government, I shudder to think what kind of medical care would be provided for that amount of money.

Usage based plans only work for the young and healthy. Older people or people with serious medical issues need more than that.

If you are talking about Obamacare - it is against the law to refuse your employer plan to sign up for Obamacare. That's how the insurance companies pay for Obamacare. My employer plan rates have increased drastically since Obamacare was implemented. See how that works? Who do you think is really paying for all the people getting cheap insurance? It is all of us working people who are paying for it.

UBI is Universal Basic Income, not insurance.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Where do you think this money would come from? The government?

It would come from the taxes of working people.

We do have a responsibility as a society to contribute to care for the disabled, elderly, etc.
But there is no reason we should have our hard earned money taken away to support other people who can work for a living.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I bet you never used roads, fire department, ER outside your plan, went to a pubic school, or hired anyone from a public school.

Why do you find the military and police so moral but not social programs for the poor? Is it based on your interpretation of some religion? If it is can I ask if what it is?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Ah ok, I was reading fast and did not switch gears from the above re. medical insurance and thought you meant Usage Based Insurance.

The same discussion applies though. It would be just like Obamacare. The working people would be supporting the lazy people.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Zero there should be zero income for those not willing to work for it, get a job and in 14 days I predict money will come your way.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Where do you think this money would come from? The government?

It would come from the taxes of working people.

We do have a responsibility as a society to contribute to care for the disabled, elderly, etc.
But there is no reason we should have our hard earned money taken away to support other people who can work for a living.

Nobody is quitting a job for $500 a month. It can be paid for without raising taxes.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Zero there should be zero income for those not willing to work for it, get a job and in 14 days I predict money will come your way.

So you are going to send your $500 back ?

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Ah ok, I was reading fast and did not switch gears from the above re. medical insurance and thought you meant Usage Based Insurance.

The same discussion applies though. It would be just like Obamacare. The working people would be supporting the lazy people.

I don't think you guys get it. UBI replaces welfare and other plans, but with gains in efficiency and savings in other areas we all get a check, not just the lower income folks

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join