It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Said They Shot A Man Because He Pointed A Gun At Them. Video Shows He Had His Hands Up.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
going frame by frame and looking at the white shirt you can clearly see the white shirt changes and a arm goes horizontal just before he is shot. Just my observation...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
This is one where if there were shots fired from the victim; The police would release that video as soon as humanly possible

Except it doesn't matter if he shot or not so....

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: bknapple32
This is one where if there were shots fired from the victim; The police would release that video as soon as humanly possible

Except it doesn't matter if he shot or not so....

Ill rephrase.

The video would should whether he had a gun or not in his hand

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Ok, I'll rephrase too then. The video is released, or not released, based on several factors. That could be a matter of days, could be weeks or months, and in some cases (including those ruled good shoots) over a year.

Bear in mind that the video still shows a member of somebodys family being killed. They tend to have a pretty big say in things, but not the only say.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

a reply to: bknapple32

Ok, I'll rephrase too then. The video is released, or not released, based on several factors. That could be a matter of days, could be weeks or months, and in some cases (including those ruled good shoots) over a year.

Bear in mind that the video still shows a member of somebodys family being killed. They tend to have a pretty big say in things, but not the only say.

Regardless of what the video shows; it should be released to a citizen panel to review. LE, has lost credibility by withholding evidence of officer guilt. This could be a small step in law enforcement winning back the trust of the community, it has lost thru lack of transparency.
edit on 11-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Then get a panel set up to review shootings. Houston did, so how do you know that panel doesn't already have the video?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Then get a panel set up to review shootings. Houston did, so how do you know that panel doesn't already have the video?

Have a link about the citizen panel? If Houston has a citizen review panel, it's a step in the right direction. This is what the article said.

Silva said investigators have collected the surveillance video and that along with the body camera footage will be reviewed as part of the investigation by Houston police and the Harris County District Attorney’s Office. No video will be released while the investigation is being conducted, she said.

I don't think this will satisfy a community already on edge.....

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Sure, I'll google that for you.

www.houstontx.gov...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Sure, I'll google that for you.

www.houstontx.gov...

Thanks, that is a step in the right direction that could help in establishing trust in Law enforcement.
Cudos to Mayor Parker for her executive order establishing the panel in 2011.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Houston

Mayor Sylvester Turner serves as the Executive Officer of the City.

Annise Danette Parker was Mayor of Houston, Texas from 2010 until 2016

edit on 7/11/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It does appear that he put his hands up and turned around (and looks like one arm lowered afterwards).

Unfortunately, it's impossible to tell if he had a weapon or did not from that phone camera video of a surveillance video.

It is bizarre that cars are flying by with police presence there. It looks like the officer on the left forgot to put his car in park, even.
edit on 20Mon, 11 Jul 2016 20:06:47 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

In my inexperienced and humble opinion, from the ThinkProgress video posted in your link, it looked to me like there were sparks flying from the man's hand, perhaps a gun being shot, before he put his hands up, at 26-28 seconds into the video.

thinkprogress.org...

I noticed that too looks to be a muzzle flash from the "suspect". Hard to know for sure with such poor video quality and the fact we're watching a very shaky at best mobile video of the footage is not making it any better.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
those body can bids may not be released just yet.
for obvious reasons.

What was that..??

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Even his friends and witnesses in the video said he pointed the gun! The first guy the cops talks to keeps saying, "man why you have to go out like that?".

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
To all of the people who doubted the cops on this thread. Here ya go.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join