It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose of blocking a street/highway?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

i didnt call that number. that was the number is was given to see if it was possible to shut down a street. since im not actually trying to do so, i felt no need to call. i was trying to verify that your area does need a permit to close a road. which is the case.
obviously, they are not gonna allow a certain busy road to be closed from 3-6pm on a tuesday during rush hour. not only that, but theres certain roads and areas in which they would not grant permission for you to close off the road for a block party.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

uh, im not talking about marching through the streets.
i am talking about blocking roads/highways/streets in the sake of protest. blocking a main road and not allowing emergency vehicles to come through has not been done.
i didnt realize there were people on earth who cant read and instead make a judgement based on the end of a conversation.

you need a permit to block off a street. or you need proper notice so "the law " can divert traffic to a detour.

remember when trump had the rally in san diego, and the latino thugs were jumping on cars, and smashing car windows of trump supporters?

it should not be legal, let alone moral, to block off a major street merely to voice your opinion. if your going to disrupt the flow of vehicles, pedestrians, government officials, emergency vehicles etc... then you need to get a permit to do so, so it can be planned accordingly.
BLM does not aquire permits to block highways, and jump on tractor trailers and smash windows.......

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
i didnt call that number.

Then you do not know what the actual stipulations are from the proper personnel.

...for a block party.

A block party is not protected free speech.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

what dont you get? i spoke to a public official who said in order to close a street down, you need a permit. in order to stop the flow of traffic, you need a permit. i have cited many sources that state you need a permit to stop the flow of traffic.
do these protests not stop traffic? is it not illegal to stop the flow of traffic? is it not illegal to stop emergency vehicles from travelling?
it doesnt matter what event is going on, in order to legally stop the flow of traffic, there is a permit needed.
BLM does not have permits. they do not have permission to block highways to protest. they need it.

i called the mayors office. they told me i needed a permit to stop traffic. they told me to call another number to find out if i could block off a certain area. since i donht live there, and i am not intending on shutting down anything, nor do i know any street name or area in jersey, i chose not to call to verify if an area was off limits to shutting down traffic.
the stipulations were told to me by someone else. not the number i chose not to call. and im sure the mayors office is proper person.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
we are given the right to assemble
the right to protest
free speech

those do not equal lets protest, then we will lock arms and sprawl out across a highway, with no way of the traffic being able to get through or around.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

Newsflash:

Marching through the streets will end up blocking traffic, sidewalks, business entryways, etc etc... sometimes it's done on purpose, sometimes it's not.

Newsflash:

Protests sometimes end up turning violent with ornery protesters getting out of hand and making fools of themselves... sometimes it's done on purpose, sometimes it's not.

So again I ask:

Are you new to this whole protest thing ?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

yes protests and marches block traffic. thats fine... i get it. and its illegal to block a sidewalk, its illegal to block entry ways... its illegal to block off a street and not allow flow of traffic.

i ask you.... is it okay when a protest/rally decides to sprawl across 8 lanes of traffic, and block all flow of traffic, not allow anyone through... and also to intentionally block ambulances?

do you not understand the concept of this thread... geesh

YES PROTESTING BLOCKS ROADS... YES WE HAVE RIGHT TO ASSEMBLE... YES WE HAVE FREE SPEECH. but that does not equate to blocking emergency vehicles and putting lives in danger.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

we are given the right to assemble
the right to protest
free speech

those do not equal lets protest, then we will lock arms and sprawl out across a highway, with no way of the traffic being able to get through or around.

That's like just because we have a RIGHT to own firearms.

That means we get to go around shooting people all willy nilly.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

thats the perfect way of putting it. we are given rights in this country. theres cetain things that cant be taken away from us.
but just because we are given 1 right, doesnt imply the right to do other things.
The right to circulate opinions in print without censorship by the government. Americans enjoy freedom of the press under the First Amendment to the Constitution.
however, it doesnt give you the right to point a camera in the window of justin biebers home and video tape him having relations.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: LSU0408
Do you support EMS personnel being blocked by protesters or something?

If the protesters are legally assembled, yes.

Unbelievable. Man I hope you or a loved one aren't ever in that situation and end up dying - because a crowd of people decided to block the highway to protest - when your life could have been saved.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This post is simply assisting in fixing the prior posting the videos on page #4, for folks to see embedded here.

POST #1

And when this happens and people cheer, I don't wanna hear any crying.

POST #2

a reply to: ~Lucidity

www.masslive.com...

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

That is all...please return to your regularly scheduled discussion....

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

The motives are clear. This whole conquer and divide thing is working precisely according to plan.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

thats the perfect way of putting it. we are given rights in this country. theres cetain things that cant be taken away from us.
but just because we are given 1 right, doesnt imply the right to do other things.
The right to circulate opinions in print without censorship by the government. Americans enjoy freedom of the press under the First Amendment to the Constitution.
however, it doesnt give you the right to point a camera in the window of justin biebers home and video tape him having relations.

I would like to make a major correction here. We are not "given rights" by the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. Those documents merely outlines the PROTECTIONS of our rights from the government attempting to restrict, suppress, or infringe upon them. It is an important difference, as they are inherent in being born human....period. The government cannot GIVE you a right.

edit on 7/11/2016 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

what dont you get? i spoke to a public official...

Who told you to talk top another person who is not in.

I will call them on Monday and get the actual information.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Newsflash:

Sometimes protests are planned and well organized... and sometimes they're not.

Newsflash:

Sometimes protests are legal and legit with permits and everything... and sometimes they're not.

Newsflash:

Sometimes protests are quiet, peaceful, and uninterruptive to everyone else's daily lives... and sometimes they're not.

Are you just purposefully whining, bitching, and complaining for the purpose of whining, bitching, and complaining ?

Or are you truly ignorant to what happens at protests when people rally and how sometimes violent childish mob mentality kicks in during these things ?

Not everybody has a "love-in", ''sit-in", "daisy-in-your-hair" protest mentality... some people are more of the "serve-some-whoop-ass" protest mentality.

Like I said:

Some protests work out quite nicely and calmly without stirring the pot too much.

And some protests... not so much.

It's the nature of the beast when it comes to public protest.

And because these things are so unpredictable as to which direction they may end up going in, that's why you will always see a police presence ready to jump at all times in case it does go in the wrong direction.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Irishhaf

Edit: "Gotta keep the black man down."

Here's an ironic twist, the democratic party has been keeping the black man down for decades and they just keep on stupidly supporting the democrats.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Man I hope you or a loved one aren't ever in that situation and end up dying - because a crowd of people decided to block the highway to protest - when your life could have been saved.

I am fairly certain in this hypothetical situation the ambulance will have more than one route to the hospital.

Good thing the Founders did not have your queasy stomach otherwise they may have just hung it up after the Battle of Washington Heights when they were all getting owies from the British.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What happens if someone is delayed in getting to work because of a protest and is fired? Can they sue for wrongful dismissal? Can they sue the protesters? Just curious.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

www.youtube.com...

You can advocate for vehicular assault, I choose not to.

Advocate - publicly recommend or support.

I said don't come crying when that happens to a bunch of idiots standing in the streets.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Uh... marching in the streets as a means of protest is what people have been doing all over the world since, like... forever ?!

What is the purpose of blocking a street/highway?

Uh... to draw people's attention to their whatever cause it is that they're marching for ?!

I didn't realize there was a bunch of newly landed alien immigrants to planet earth that are completely unfamiliar with this whole protest thing and how it works.

None of those pictures were on interstates or major highways, first of all. Second, with a permit, those are fine. Like a notice for road construction, you can find an alternate route.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join