It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose of blocking a street/highway?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I swear some of you people are so ignorant of or non-participant in history that you have never seen protesters marching and blocking streets before.

Either that or what I said above. Or hell maybe both.

I will end my participation in yet another asinine thread on ATS by saying again, that's how protests work. A few minor inconveniences to a few people for a short time to get attention for and light shed on a cause.

But people who wouldn't get off their lazy butts to protests 2-3 unjust wars or the stealing of pensions or the corruption on Wall Street and who support a do-nothing Congress and just want to blame a president and the guberment for it insteand really wouldn't understand that.

Toodles.
edit on 7/11/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

These events start with blocking roads. Then once the vehicles are stuck, they start climbing on them.

If protesters block side roads or even main roads through cities, more power to them. They need to be kept off the interstate for safety reasons, which is exactly what cities are allowed to do and have been doing.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: intrptr

No, but they do that too.

BLM is about saving lives, "lives matter". They don't to you apparently, you'd run them down to get your wife in labor to the hospital... amiright?

You're absolutely right. Her life is far more important than theirs. I'm guessing their parents never told them not to play in the street, and if they do, MOVE when you see a car coming. It's not rocket science, it's common sense.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

They are ignorant of history and politics. They see actions as they want to and do not ask "WHY?"

They are out of site, out of mind until it happens to them, only then will they maybe understand.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Not even then, I'm afraid.

Bye.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
These events start with blocking roads. Then once the vehicles are stuck, they start climbing on them.

Once again, damaging private property is not protected, protesting in public thoroughfares is.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

a reply to: nobunaga

Every single time black lives matters or some protest involving african americans is marching or protesting, they end up linking arms, and blocking a highway. What the hell good does this do? its the dumbest thing i have seen from these protesting groups.

Shooting people in cold blood is okay, though...

Seems to be in Chicago. By BLM ignoring that fact, what that tells me is that it's OK to kill your own on purpose, but cops can't do the same by mistake.

BLM didn't form their movement because of police 'accidents'.
I didn't say accident, I said mistake. BLM formed mostly because cops weren't paying for their mistakes. Accidents imply there's no one to blame.

Semantics. BLM isn't a 'mistake'.

Where and when did I say BLM was a mistake? Do you require corrective lenses? If you're not putting words in my mouth, denying the true definitions of words, you're apparently unable to comprehend what is presented to you. Find an interpreter... Gees

Now denial, and ridicule. When run out of argument, turn to personal attack.

Good thing we aren't in the same room or road, you'd become no life matters in a heartbeat.

I was just bearing that out for others.

Have a nice road rage.

You haven't pointed out anything but your incredible ability to deflect. Truth can be difficult, I can empathize with that.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

And preventing protests on some streets is allowed, as long as other considerations are made, per the Supreme Court, as posted several pages ago.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
And preventing protests on some streets is allowed, as long as other considerations are made, per the Supreme Court, as posted several pages ago.

Which means if you drive a truck (or anything else for that matter) and get stuck this is protected free speech.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: Aristotelian1

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
Is blocking ambulances and firefights from performing their civic duties constitutionally protected?

If they are blocked by people legally assembled in public thoroughfares then it is obviously Constitutionally protected.

Are you saying that in some cases blocking ambulances and firefighters from performing their civic duties is constitutionally protected?

They would let those through, fool. Thos ambulances and firefighters probably have a harder time getting through in normal, daily Atlanta traffic than they would during a protest.

Clearly... There would be links of them not letting them through if there were any.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

www.masslive.com...

dcgazette.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The benefits of a private gated community are obvious now.

Wendell down at the guard house shall hold the line!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Do you support EMS personnel being blocked by protesters or something?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Thanks again for brining that pic. Nobody but nobody calls BLM demonstrations what they really are, civil rights movement, just like in the 60's.

Right, because blacks are sooooo oppressed in the 21st century. They never get anything they want or equality.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Thanks again for brining that pic. Nobody but nobody calls BLM demonstrations what they really are, civil rights movement, just like in the 60's.

GTFO...

If BLM is a civil rights movement... MLK is rolling in his grave...

Are you seriously trying to compare the situation of today to that time in America?

Segregation... attack dogs used because a black person happened to walk through the wrong neighborhood... Rosa Parks... seriously ?????
edit on 11-7-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
The benefits of a private gated community are obvious now.

Wendell down at the guard house shall hold the line!

I have a crate of surplus Claymores I can send you.

link   

Do you support EMS personnel being blocked by protesters or something?

If the protesters are legally assembled, yes.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Right, because blacks are sooooo oppressed in the 21st century. They never get anything they want or equality.

According to a few cherry picked highly sensationalized 'news' stories they are.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

originally posted by: avgguy
It's destructive because it prevents the people that actually work and pay taxes from getting to work. While the people protesting collect a check. You see what I mean, it's like biting the hand that feeds you, but literally.

The vast majority of the people aren't working during the hours they protest. And ifor those who are fthey are there are these things called alternate routes and detours.

And are you assuming they all don't pay taxes? Careful now...your bigotry is escaping outta you.

The drama and ignorance here is unreal.

Since you don't know what it means, bigotry is being intolerant to opinions differing from your own. BLM is the epitome of bigotry.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Dogs and fire hoses have been replaced with tasers and bean bags or rubber bullets. For good reason. So that comparisons can be deflected by bigots such as yourself.

I wasn't referencing you, though. The main stream media is very careful not to mention the civil rights movement and MLK either. They promoted the party line back then as they do today.

Crush all resistance, maintain the status quo.

Edit: "Gotta keep the black man down."
edit on 11-7-2016 by intrptr because: change, additional

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   

somtimes a phone call works better (973) 325-4100
according to miss betty with the mayors office
25-15.5 Permits.
a permit is needed to occupy public space, including shutting down of streets or highways.
she said this permit is often used when a block party, or garage sale goes on. she said it would apply to blocking off of any street within city limits. also said i would need 30 days notice of intent to block a street.
she gave me this number (973) 325-4119 to verify the area in which i wanted to protest and block the street was even possible.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join