It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose of blocking a street/highway?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Honestly I wish all these cowards with the ridiculous reaching would just stop skirting around the issue and say what they REALLY mean. Then we ccan really get down to it.

Cowards.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
Are you saying that in some cases blocking ambulances and firefighters from performing their civic duties is constitutionally protected?

If the protesters are legally assembled, yes.
Okay, thanks. I was only looking for a straight answer. You're saying if what they are doing is legal they shouldn't be stopped until it's illegal. That's fine. Somebody should check into whether it's true that you can block ambulances and firefighters from performing their civil duties in some cases. If it's true that in some cases you can, that law or laws needs to be nullified.

link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

can you please refer to the first page of this thread, again, if you read the entire thing, you will see i already proven that.
its all over the internet. just google BLM blocks. i counted 27 different times they blocked traffic without prior notice or permits. therefore no way for the general public to know their route is blocked

link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: nobunaga

They are trying to be heard, make a point. What are they supposed to do, shut up and accept the fact that their child/father/friend/fell afro-american just got murdered for being black?

Many people seem to be of the belief that if you get treated cruelly or unfairly by public servants that it is your fault and if it's not you should just shut up about it.

link   

originally posted by: avgguy

No bigotry here just truth. How many people have the luxury of taking days off at a time protesting and getting arrested, for which they'll get fired or suspended for.... Probably not many.

Keep lying to yourself. You're not fooling everyone.

link   

You realize there are a lot more protests than Atlanta right? Or is that the only city you give a damn about because you live there?

Trucks stuck on I-40 in Memphis, where people climbed all over them. Trucks stuck in Minnesota when the interstate was blocked, plus almost any other time the roads are blocked with no notice.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

sad and ignorant

link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
blocking traffic so people can't buy iPhones and new shades will defenitley have there voice heard if anything.

You forgot to add the people just trying to get to work on time and make a living.

the Supreme Court recognized freedom of movement as a fundamental Constitutional right.

link   

originally posted by: nobunaga

can you please refer to the first page of this thread, again, if you read the entire thing, you will see i already proven that.
its all over the internet. just google BLM blocks. i counted 27 different times they blocked traffic without prior notice or permits. therefore no way for the general public to know their route is blocked

Do not assume I haven't And do not assume you have. You counted 27 times and I counted 133 that they didn't and 212 times they let cop cars throuh.

I can play this game too.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You realize there are a lot more protests than Atlanta right? Or is that the only city you give a damn about because you live there?

Trucks stuck on I-40 in Memphis, where people climbed all over them. Trucks stuck in Minnesota when the interstate was blocked, plus almost any other time the roads are blocked with no notice.

I've watched livestreams of most of them for over a year. What's your point? I gave one example and that's all your going to pick on. You gave one about trucks stuck in Minnesota.

If they need to block roads to get some attention or coverage, let them go for it and take their consequences.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

See my edit.

And yet these truck drivers that you say should "grow a pair" are dealing with people climbing all over their trucks, hammering on them while they're stuck with nowhere to go, potentially breaking windows, etc.

There's a damn good reason we're nervous. Incidents against truck drivers are rising, and people at these protests aren't just blocking roads in some cases, they're doing things that could potentially result in injuries, damage to the truck, etc.

link   

originally posted by: nobunaga
and can you find me 1 municipality that doesnt have a permitting process?

Yeah, mine. Notice the results for 'public protest':

Same results for 'protest' as well.

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Every single time black lives matters or some protest involving african americans is marching or protesting, they end up linking arms, and blocking a highway. What the hell good does this do? its the dumbest thing i have seen from these protesting groups.

Shooting people in cold blood is okay, though...

Seems to be in Chicago. By BLM ignoring that fact, what that tells me is that it's OK to kill your own on purpose, but cops can't do the same by mistake.

BLM didn't form their movement because of police 'accidents'.
I didn't say accident, I said mistake. BLM formed mostly because cops weren't paying for their mistakes. Accidents imply there's no one to blame.

Semantics. BLM isn't a 'mistake'.

Where and when did I say BLM was a mistake? Do you require corrective lenses? If you're not putting words in my mouth, denying the true definitions of words, you're apparently unable to comprehend what is presented to you. Find an interpreter... Geezus

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1
If it's true that in some cases you can, that law or laws needs to be nullified.

So it should be Constitutional to block private citizens but not public employees?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

If the nimrods work their way up to northwest Louisiana and are blocking a freeway when she goes into labor, I'm not stopping. If they're stupid enough to block a highway with cars coming and going then they deserve what they get.

You'd be the nimrod, ramming your vehicle into massed crowds of people with your pregnant wife on board.

Negative. Nimrods stand in the middle of a highway and risk being hit by traffic. I'll slow down but I'm not stopping. I wouldn't aim to hurt or kill anyone but I'm not stopping and taking the risk of losing my fiance and/or unborn child. Her life and my son's life is more important to me than any number of douchetards blocking a highway for attention and fabricated anger.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

More than one. I also gave an example of people climbing on trucks at these protests. Which is dangerous for them and the driver both.

The consequence is going to eventually be a vehicle plowing through them, which is one of the things police are trying to prevent by keeping them off interstates, which they're legally allowed to do, according to the Supreme Court, and posted a couple pages ago.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

...people climbing all over their trucks, hammering on them...

...they're doing things that could potentially result in injuries, damage to the truck, etc.

That is not a protest.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Every single time black lives matters or some protest involving african americans is marching or protesting, they end up linking arms, and blocking a highway. What the hell good does this do? its the dumbest thing i have seen from these protesting groups.

Shooting people in cold blood is okay, though...

Seems to be in Chicago. By BLM ignoring that fact, what that tells me is that it's OK to kill your own on purpose, but cops can't do the same by mistake.

BLM didn't form their movement because of police 'accidents'.
I didn't say accident, I said mistake. BLM formed mostly because cops weren't paying for their mistakes. Accidents imply there's no one to blame.

Semantics. BLM isn't a 'mistake'.

Where and when did I say BLM was a mistake? Do you require corrective lenses? If you're not putting words in my mouth, denying the true definitions of words, you're apparently unable to comprehend what is presented to you. Find an interpreter... Gees

Now denial, and ridicule. When run out of argument, turn to personal attack.

Good thing we aren't in the same room or road, you'd become no life matters in a heartbeat.

I was just bearing that out for others.

Have a nice road rage.

edit on 11-7-2016 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And yet that's exactly what's happening at some of these events that are being labeled "peaceful protests" and are being defended.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

And yet that's exactly what's happening at some of these events that are being labeled "peaceful protests" and are being defended.

I do not see anyone in this thread condoning that type of behavior.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join