It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond/Lavish Reynolds Smoking Weed with Daughter in the Car, 4th of July (VID)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm putting this in General ChitChat because it didn't seem to fit the larger ongoing conversation in "Social Issues & Civil Unrest" forum. However this may not be the right forum - apologies if this is the case.

I'm sharing this on ATS because I just came across it, but in NO way am I justifying the death of Philando (or Sterling for that matter), nor does this change what has transpired since the video was taken. My intention with this thread is to look at this video through an entirely separate lens than the Philando shooting case. It IS however relevant due to the fact that most of us are familiar with the woman in this video.

Apparently, Diamond Reynolds and her BF are smoking a "blunt" (cigar filled with cannabis) in their parked car, with their 4 year old daughter in her carseat. This video was taken on the 4th of July. You can clearly see the child behind Diamond around the 3:40 mark - the child also looks scared (IMO). Have a look for yourself:

Department for Children and Families should be getting a call about this, I would hope anyway.

Obviously she is a mature, responsible adult.. Nahhh, actually she's just a pathetic excuse for a human being. Obviously that could negatively affect the health of their toddler (both physically & emotionally), and yet this woman is only focused on her own narcissistic addictions and she doesn't even think about the child. In the video you can tell this woman obviously thinks she is God's Gift on earth. Our society is crumbling beneath our feet..
edit on 11-7-2016 by FamCore because: Clarifying this thread is to NOT be related to Philando shooting case

edit on 11-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Any damage second hand marijuana would do to a toddler would be minimal at best. Most damaging effects from it, even to children, occur from long time exposure to actually smoking it over many years. Demonizing someone because they smoke marijuana around a child is just low...

Victim blaming...
edit on 11-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
FamCore

You know what's even worse? Smoking cigarettes in front of your kids. Call me when the hypocrisy ebbs. So many people smoke cigarettes near their kids, no one says a damn thing. Smoke a blunt and you're suddenly scum of the earth.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Disgusting.
Just disgusting.
And don't you know that that poor kid is absolutely wasted sitting in that car with her smoking that.
When the shooting aftermath video came out, I couldn't help but wonder why she was filming instead of trying to help her boyfriend. Now I know.
edit on 7/11/2016 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What's even sicker than a mother getting their 4 year old high on drugs is people who defend mothers who get their 4 year olds high on drugs.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yea, but let's give mom and dad a pass for smoking in a car with a little kid. Weed nonetheless. Yes people should be demonized for smoking weed in a car with a child just like they should be if they're drinking in a car with a child. It isn't ok no matter what it is.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Not blaming you OP but saying in general that this victim character assassination agenda is a deflection.

Any incident has to be judged or based on the events which took place during that specific interaction.

Not based on what a guy did yesterday or last week or last month...

edit on 11-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
What does their poor parenting skills have to do with the unrelated police encounter?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I addressed this in the OP, saying this doesn't change any of the facts of what happened. This OP is focused on the girlfriend, Diamond "Lavish" and her narcissism and lack of common sense.

Also, it isn't just marijuana - it is marijuana wrapped in a cigar leaf which is most likely packed with loads of carcinogens. Not to mention the daughter is age 4 and her brain is still developing.

I am well aware of the benefits and uses of cannabis and fully support it being used in a responsible manner. However, I don't see how anyone can think it's okay to smoke a psychotropic substance, in a parked car, with their 4 year old in the car seat behind them. She is paying zero attention to her child, just focused on her phone/selfie video and whatever it is she's smoking. It could be PCP for all we know.

Once again, to clarify I am not relating this to the Philando shooting case. This is a separate story about the girlfriend and what has been documented on that Youtube video.

link   

Right?????

Geez, good thing the cops murdered the boyfriend right in front of the little girl. Call in CPS and take that kid away from her mother now, so that little girl won't be traumatized by second hand pot smoke! That's the ticket!

link   
TinfoilTP

What's even more sick, is people that poison their kids with second hand cigarette smoke (proven to be extremely detrimental to development and overall health) but yeah, evil evil cannabis.

Where's the uproar toward cigarettes? Spare us the false outrage, huh?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
avgguy

Yes people should be demonized for smoking weed in a car with a child

Weed, but not cigarettes?
edit on Cam9Monday5420160931Mon, 11 Jul 2016 09:54:09 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: Eris deliver me from typos

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

You must have not read the sentence directly after that one in my post

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

There is no reason to even bring this story up. It is a silly waste of time to blame the victims for being shot. "Well serves em right. Dirty pot smokers getting their kid high." Psh. Pot really isn't that bad for kids. I don't regularly smoke them up, but I really don't care if kids get high.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This story caught my attention because I recognized the name of Diamond/Lavish Reynolds. But I am trying to focus on the issue of children, parenting, common sense. Nothing related to race or the cop killings.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Oh well. At least it wasn't a cigarette or a cigar. MUCH worse for you, and FAR more people smoke them around children all the time. So boohoo to this. The kid will be fine.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

it is an important issue when I see a 4 year old who obviously looks neglected and scared in the back seat while her "guardian" is taking selfies and hot boxing a car.

Everyone ELSE wants to tie this to the Philando shooting case, well that's their decision. I have explicitly said numerous times that the issue I brought up was the child and (lack of) common sense with the parent.

It's all about your perceptions, if you perceive that I'm attacking the victim (Philando Castile), that's your perception but that is different from the reality which is that I care about our future generations and see parents every day who think things like what we saw in this video are okay.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
As messed as it may sound to some people, but I bet that woman's going to lose her daughter.
Or at the very least have her child interviewed and evaluated by Child Services for years and years to come.

The little girl is in a hot boxed car and witnessed a murder in a matter of days... All on video.

I wonder what that lil girl has seen over the course of a year, never mind her whole life. I hope this is just a bad course of events and her life isnt like this. Or this is truly a case of a victim by circumstance. Grown up around it and becomes custom to such behaviour.

NOW dont get me wrong, im not some bleeding heart liberal. In fact im the last person that should be talking.
This weekend I had to do something that I shouldnt have had to, and my kids were present.

Some drunken slob stranger tried to walk into my house on Saturday evening, while my wife and I watched Finding Dory in the living room with our kids.
The guy came in the front door and started ranting about beer. Complete stranger, never seen the guy in my life.
I jumped off the couch and threw the guy out of the house. He swung at me and grazed my neck.
So I defended myself and repeatedly hit him and dragged him over to the sidewalk and went back into the house to call the cops.
My kids were visibly scared. And I apologised over and over to them for having to see me do that. Thankfully the police understood why i beat him up and didnt have any issue with it.
The guy was essentially a home invader in my eyes.
But who knows what the guy would have done if I wasnt home.... Im just happy that I was and able to deal with it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
avgguy

That's alcohol. I mentioned cigarettes. Where is the outrage there? I see way more soccer moms lighting up cigarettes in their minivan than I see them smoking blunts.

I agree that smoking weed with your kid in the car is irresponsible but the fake rage over this story is absurd unless you also attack every parent that smokes cigarettes with their kids in the car, because THAT is way worse.
edit on Cam10Monday0120164631Mon, 11 Jul 2016 10:01:46 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: FNORD

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Honestly, I am most concerned about the child's mental health. Growing up in a household where the parents are only focused on their Facebook, instagram, and self-indulgent behaviors while giving almost zero attention to their child.

For that little girl, it is "me against the world" and she will likely grow up with many more struggles than what we've seen in this video. It's heartbreaking..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join