It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guitarist Joe Perry ‘Stable’ After Being Taken Ill On-Stage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Worrying news that Aerosmith legend Joe Perry is in hospital today after collapsing off stage at a gig with his side project band Hollywood Vampires.
Joe is said to be in a stable condition this morning with his family at the Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, New York.

The Aerosmith guitarist is currently on tour with the supergroup, which also includes Johnny Depp and Alice Cooper, and according to fans, and fan-filmed footage, he abruptly left the stage during the concert:

After being treated backstage, the emergency services were called.
The NYPD have confirmed to ABC News that Joe was taken to Coney Island Hospital, where he was listed as being stable, before being transferred to Columbia Presbyterian Hospital, however, the cause of his ill-health has not been confirmed.

Later, statements made on both the band’s and Joe’s Twitter accounts:
Joe Perry is stable and resting. His brother Vampires and fans wish him a speedy recovery.
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

Get well soon Joe.

edit on 11-7-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
At 65 and all the touring he's done, along with keeping up with 2 bands, I'm not surprised.
Hopefully, it's nothing but a little dehydration and a mild case of exhaustion.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
"Sit down son, you're too old to conquer the world."

"But... must have lime light, one_more_time-- ack, gack.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I hope it isn't anything too serious. Touring can surely take its toll on even young band members, never mind older ones. I wish you well Joe!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There's some speculation that Joe may have suffered a heart attack.

Alice Cooper broke the news on his bandmate Joe Perry's condition ... and it's serious enough that the group's immediate future is uncertain.
The Hollywood Vampires frontman looked visibly shaken Monday while leaving his NYC hotel. As we previously reported Perry suffered what appeared to be a cardiac arrest during the band's Sunday night show in Atlantic City.

Perry is currently hospitalized and someone tweeted from his account that the guitar great was in stable condition. Thanks to all of the fans reaching out and asking about Joe. He is stable right now, with family and is under the best care.
www.tmz.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
He's not young, and if he was anything like Tyler, he more than likely put more than a few hard miles on himself in his younger days.

Hopefully. he recovers, but it wouldn't be surprising if he has to slow down.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He and Steve Tyler were know as the Toxic Twins , Steve Tyler once said he'd snorted half of Peru , I believe Joe did the other half.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Local News in Boston said it was a heart attack this morning.

Best wishes to Joe. I'm sure he'll be "Back in the Saddle Again".

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Good news this morning as Aerosmith's Tom Hamilton has tweeted that Joe is doing well.

"Thankfully, Joe seems to be better than we all first feared. Here's hoping he's back on stage soon doing what he loves to do!"
www.usatoday.com...

top topics

join