It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pokemon go, next level spying

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Interesting... It seems that you give Niantic (the company that created the game) all access to your gmail. The following article is written a little "tongue in cheek" style though.

Pokémon Go Is a Government Surveillance Psyop Conspiracy

Also there's this:

And it’s not like Pokémon Go itself doesn’t already have a direct(-ish) line to the CIA. After all, Pokémon Go was created by Niantic, which was formed by John Hanke.

Now, Hanke also just so happened to help found Keyhole. What does Keyhole do, you ask? I’d tell you to go to Keyhole’s website—but you can’t. It just takes you straight to Google Earth. That’s because Keyhole was acquired by Google back in 2004.

Before that, though, Keyhole received funding from a firm called In-Q-Tel, a government-controlled venture capital firm that invests in companies that will help beef up Big Brother’s tool belt. What’s more, the funds In-Q-Tel gave Keyhole mostly came from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), whose primary mission is “collecting, analyzing, and distributing geospatial intelligence.”

Second article:

Pokemon Go wants to catch (almost) all your app permissions

The company also notes it may disclose information about users (including children under 13 who have been authorized by their parents to use the app) —

…to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (b) to protect our property, rights, and safety and the property, rights, and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (c) to identify and stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity.

edit on 12-7-2016 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
oh no not access to my camera, who knows what the nefarious government could do with all those blurred shots of sidewalks and grasslands and adult women babbling excitedly about the dratini in the vicinity

clearly this was planned long in advance

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This is hilarious - I would love to see a documentary about the WBC trying to hold the gym in their church from all those they consider sinners.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
yeah once they figure out your walking pattern and have 12 photos of your face they pull up next to you on the street and shoot you dead, game over

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

Yes. You got it.

The "game" is a way to flesh out the matrix with mapping of every nook and cranny. You download and consent to use it. They collect every little bit of data. They are mapping inside every room and corridor.

It is insidious.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
You know there is an absolute plot behind it all because it was blown out in the mainstream media to everybody. Everybody heard about it. Sports heads heard about it. Business men heard about it. Housewives, hipsters and school kids heard about. It was absolutely pushed onto the gullible audience.

posted on Jul, 13 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Oh please. Anyone who was a child who played gameboy pokemon has been waiting for this

It was great for road trips.

.gov wouldnt have used pokemon. Its not in their style.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795
Interesting... It seems that you give Niantic (the company that created the game) all access to your gmail. The following article is written a little "tongue in cheek" style though.

Pokémon Go Is a Government Surveillance Psyop Conspiracy

Also there's this:

And it’s not like Pokémon Go itself doesn’t already have a direct(-ish) line to the CIA. After all, Pokémon Go was created by Niantic, which was formed by John Hanke.

Now, Hanke also just so happened to help found Keyhole. What does Keyhole do, you ask? I’d tell you to go to Keyhole’s website—but you can’t. It just takes you straight to Google Earth. That’s because Keyhole was acquired by Google back in 2004.

Before that, though, Keyhole received funding from a firm called In-Q-Tel, a government-controlled venture capital firm that invests in companies that will help beef up Big Brother’s tool belt. What’s more, the funds In-Q-Tel gave Keyhole mostly came from the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), whose primary mission is “collecting, analyzing, and distributing geospatial intelligence.”

Second article:

Pokemon Go wants to catch (almost) all your app permissions

The company also notes it may disclose information about users (including children under 13 who have been authorized by their parents to use the app) —

…to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate: (a) to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas); (b) to protect our property, rights, and safety and the property, rights, and safety of a third party or the public in general; and (c) to identify and stop any activity that we consider illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity.

Millions of people playing a game made by a foreign company. A game that uses your camera that feeds into their servers. People exploring sensitive areas including police stations, restricted zones, military installations etc. If I was plotting a major offensive attack, what better way to gather intel than from the nations citizens themselves, and masked as an innocent nostalgic game. Think about it.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Thought I would add this

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Thought y'all might be interested in this...

The myriad risks of Pokemon Go

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I care so little about this game, i haven't even looked it up online. I have however heard adults wandering about talking about it, and how cute it is watching their kids chase pretend invisible crap.

WTF. The world has clearly gone bat sh't crazy.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I totally agree, it is crazy.

I feel more than sorry for adults and children playing this app. It is no joke to me, GPS tracking using us/citizens to track/assassinate other people without the use of police units in order to eat at the end of the day may be just the reasoning.

You must come back to a certain point at the end of the day showing your points in order to survive. Imagine that. Yet families are doing that now just for fun. Nuts.

I also agree with mwc273.

edit on 29-7-2016 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
i just leveled up to 19. i dont use cheats and i live in some bumfvck area with the amish people so there are like no pokestops.

im feeling pretty goo- i mean . . . yeah wtf pokemon go is bad.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join